Packers 1st round ...A trade 29 for 33 and 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just heard the Bears are willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick to the Packers for that #33 pick so that they can grab Kizer to add to Trubisky and Glennon :coffee:

P.S. This is draft humor, in case you took me seriously. :D

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I just heard the Bears are willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick to the Packers for that #33 pick so that they can grab Kizer to add to Trubisky and Glennon :coffee:

P.S. This is draft humor, in case you took me seriously. :D
First half of the sentence I was thinking what...no way!!! Then I read the last part of the sentence. :mad: ;)

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we actually pick Kizer, I will lose my mind. That is all.

No s***. We have Barclay listed as our backup at both left and right guard, Forrest Lamp sitting right in our lap, and we'll select frigging Kizer.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
First half of the sentence I was thinking what...no way!!! Then I read the last part of the sentence. :mad: ;)

LOL.....sometimes disclaimers are necessary when using subtle humor about the Bears....after all, they are Da Bears. Not too mention the fact that I wasn't even sure if the Bears have any picks left after yesterday? ;)

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
/edit- nevermind, confirmed monitor glitch during broadcast

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Are the Saints in play for Kizer? Packers drop to 42, pick up 76 and swap 93 for 103. Maybe throw back our 5th or 6th.
Personally, if teams want to move into #33, I'd hose them for all I can get. Screw the trade value chart.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All these years and rumors are like Fort Knox coming out of 1265... Now people think this is different?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, he picked a QB with a HOF qb already starting before. I'm not expecting it, but if that's his best value, then I'm guessing it can.
While that is True.... Rodgers was a special case.... there was much speculation that San Francisco would take him number 1 overall... if I recall the decision came down to the Niners being able to come to a monetary deal with Alex Smith before the draft.... I don't see Kizer as a parallel. In other words I don't think Ted had any choice but to take Rodgers because the Value was just off the charts...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All these years and rumors are like Fort Knox coming out of 1265... Now people think this is different?
For the record, I do not think it's different and I don't think there is any legitimate source for the Packers taking a QB. Just responding to the question of "could it" happen.

didn't we also hear that GB was targeting Watt leaked a few days ago too? people "leak" everything till they find something that sticks I guess?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If they drafted Kizer I would have to think it would be a "pick a day trade" type deal

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that is True.... Rodgers was a special case.... there was much speculation that San Francisco would take him number 1 overall... if I recall the decision came down to the Niners being able to come to a monetary deal with Alex Smith before the draft.... I don't see Kizer as a parallel.
i do not either. I would be floored if that was our pick and not all that happy about it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
For the record, I do not think it's different and I don't think there is any legitimate source for the Packers taking a QB. Just responding to the question of "could it" happen.

didn't we also hear that GB was targeting Watt leaked a few days ago too? people "leak" everything till they find something that sticks I guess?

They were targeting Watt in the 2nd round as that's where he was graded by them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
watt was graded at 2 And he wasn't even considered

So those all bent on watt, it wasnt happening unless he was there at today

I really like Watt a lot, but was happier with the trade down as I don't see him as being a tier above several of the other players still on the board (Bowser, Willis, King, Awuzie, Lamp especially). He's probably my first choice out of that cluster, but I'd much rather have my pick of the rest plus a 4th rounder.

But I'm not surprised to hear that they had a 2nd round grade on him. Most of the reports you hear indicate that teams average about 20 first round grades per year. Players with 2nd round grades go in the 1st round routinely just out of necessity. So the fact that they had a rd 2 grade on him doesn't at all mean that he wouldn't have been the pick if they hadn't been able to find a trade out.

My unsubstantiated theory is that once Tre White was taken at #27, they decided to pull the trigger and move down. I'm guessing he was their last 1st round grade left on their board and they were waiting to see if he would make it to their pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really like Watt a lot, but was happier with the trade down as I don't see him as being a tier above several of the other players still on the board (Bowser, Willis, King, Awuzie, Lamp especially). He's probably my first choice out of that cluster, but I'd much rather have my pick of the rest plus a 4th rounder.

But I'm not surprised to hear that they had a 2nd round grade on him. Most of the reports you hear indicate that teams average about 20 first round grades per year. Players with 2nd round grades go in the 1st round routinely just out of necessity. So the fact that they had a rd 2 grade on him doesn't at all mean that he wouldn't have been the pick if they hadn't been able to find a trade out.

My unsubstantiated theory is that once Tre White was taken at #27, they decided to pull the trigger and move down. I'm guessing he was their last 1st round grade left on their board and they were waiting to see if he would make it to their pick.

I'm on board with all that, but I think TT has a "list" of players he was shooting for with the Packers pick at #29, not necessarily "Round Grade". Last night, when it was obvious that enough guys would still be on that list at #33, no matter what the other 4 teams did, he pulled the trigger to drop back. He may do the same thing tonight and drop back another few places, always making sure that at least one of those players will be there when the Packers finally pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts