1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

PackerForum Related - Another Forum is shut down!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IPBprez, Sep 21, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    According to one of the new-er Members to "this" Forum....
    (And I'm checking into it, as we speak....)

Over at the Official Brett Favre.com/Forum web site...

It appears that their Admin guy has shut down, or severely limited, the ongoings at that Forum and it looks to be permanent-like...... I guess they became infected with some of that nonsense guys at GBNC were seeing and then it was finally turned off - being redundant here... just trying to link the two events....

What I've just done over there - is leave a message related directly back to THIS web site....

IPBprez's message to OBF/Forum

The have over 1200 Members listed over there... so get ready, RYAN!

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you for directing more traffic over here. I can't wait!!

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the plug IPB, hopefully we will get some of the good with the "bad" from over there. It would be great to have a nice influx of users again.

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I was using a graphic with the site url at packersnews.com/forum(or whatever it is) and got flamed hardcore for it ... lol

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You were using that where? At the official brett favre forum site?

6. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, apparently, the ADMIN over there... didn't take too kindly to my offering and has deleted my posting....

For the most part - it related how much I liked that Forum and how well it was maintained (like here) for the duration of when I was there frequenting it's conversations like I do here these days.... I even advised everyone to try and make OBF their homepages in IE... but, what the hey....

Trust me, it's hard to maintain a knowledgeable link to the Memberships of 15 different Forum Boards.. so I quit trying... Oe is enuf, these days...

At any rate - I thought we might try a little something here....

Since more and more Members can be contacted by me thru that 1200 group by PM-ing them... discretely.. then, I will proceed in that direction.

Maybe RYAN can offer up a WELCOME MAT for the OBF Members here somehow....

Keep ya posted.

7. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of getting flamed....yikes....I got tore up at X4 last night for no reason. I quoted the URL from here on accident--it showed up automatically as a link (and I'm not sure how), and then they laid into me. After that, I asked the mod to completely delete my account. I don't need to be over there. Its a bunch of good old boys who are taking thier precious site a little too seriously.

I can understand why they were mad but I apologized for doing it and they still flamed.

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Check it out - I was able to "backstep" and return to the originalposting page -- here's what I wrote over there, even though he has now deleted this message from the OBF site.....

Well, there ya go.....

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Ya my pretty graphic was taken as 'WTF YOU DONT LIKE OUR FORUM THEN DON'T FUGGIN COME HERE THEN' when all i ever said was 'there are more packer fans on other sites an here is one of them'
    gotta love people :)

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I read your post over there IPB. If I was shutting this place down (or limiting it like they are) I would have let that post stand, it was a nice courteous post. Whatever people are always on mad power trips. The only things that I delete along those lines here, is if people come and try to recruit people and then just leave. If you are an active participant in the community I would most likely leave your post about another forum alone. The problem with running a decent site is you have people soliciting your members and advertising their site on yours, all the time. We haven't seen a whole lot of that, probably because we aren't THAT big yet, but I'm sure it will get worse! Ah well, we'll deal with it when it comes.

11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    In that regard, RYAN -----

One thing that I do like about another Forum - FTO - is how they have a main page, as you login (or are attempting to go login...) which sports a fundamental listing of other sites where Packers information can be found... You've done basically the same thing, at the left side column. These days, most web sites seem to sport a left and right side column setup with important info in the middle........ others only have a left side... But, what I like... is that listing. Now, what I'm suggesting here.. and you don't "have to" do this... but... would be to have a listing of Forums that are known; much in the same way I have links created to other Packer Fan Clubs around the Country, along with Packers Links which sport other sites setup by individual fans around the World.

Everyone here, could list which sites they know about until the List is as complete as can be.... What ya think? You in for it?

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    As a service to our members, it's a great idea. As far as the site goes, I would probably want to talk to the webmasters at other sites and see if they would be willing to recipricate some sort of link back to me as well. I am all for the increase of Packers talk and knowledge but at the same time I don't want to push the hits from my site to someone else without anything being passed back my way. I will have to think about that one. Perhaps I could do something more with a seperate page instead of giving them the publicity of my home page...

13. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    IPB on a note regarding this topic. Were you able to contact any of the "good" members from that site to let them know about us? I figured since you post was deleted that pretty much put an end to the pf.com publicity over there.

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I say post like mad using a graphic with packerforum.com on it :)

15. pckrbckr

pckrbckr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :new:

Hi ... new from Brett Favre's web site ... Yes, I am the one that told IPBprez about that site's forum basically shutting down. It was nice to see a familiar "face" from over there. Hopefully, I have found a new home here ... and I have advised some members of this place. Believe me a lot of good people were over there I think you would be happy to have them join you here.

16. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I can try as well - to contact those Members using their PM links under the Member's Listings.... Hopefully, the ADMIN over there won't take it the wrong way, because he'll surely find out about it along the way....

Slick's suggestion is a goodun, too!

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome and we hope so as well. :) :yeah: :beersign:

18. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    pckrbckr glad to have you here. Anyone good over there that you can recruit we would love to have them here!

Please make yourself at home here, and get your post on!

19. pckrbckr

pckrbckr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome... appreciate that!

I'll be sure to pass this site on to other members. Looking forward to making new friends here!

20. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI The official detroit lions message boards shut down last week, so you may end up with some of them over here. I don't know how long it will be shut down for, but it was basically getting out of hand. They are a pretty rowdy crowd so if some of them find their way over here it could cause a problem. There were alot of good people over there but there were some, well I'll let you read the thing from the web site why they shut it down.

The Detroilions.com Message Boards have been suspended until further notice. Posts consisting of profane and unacceptable language and references were increasing in frequency. In addition to these types of posts, fraudulent posts by individuals announcing that they were someone representing the Detroit Lions organization were also frequently occurring.
    Due to the increasing amount of resources required to monitor this situation and because of the possibility of young Lions’ fans being exposed to such posts, it was in the best interest of Detroitlions.com and the Detroit Lions to discontinue offering the Message Boards on the team’s Internet site at this time.

Message boards are intended to provide a forum to our fans to discuss the many issues surrounding the Detroit Lions and the National Football League. Once individuals use the message boards for such purposes other than to communicate appropriately with other fans about the Lions or the NFL, then the intended values of this forum is no longer valuable to Lions’ fans or to the organization.

We appreciate the many fans over the past few years who have been regular visitors and provided posts with great insight, opinions and thoughts about the Lions, and those who have done this appropriately. We hope to be able to resume the message boards in the future.

Thank you

21. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    It figures... you can take the man out of the ghetto - but not the ghetto out of da man....

BOOM BOOM - BOOM BOOM - BOOM BOOM....

22. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the heads up big3. We will make sure the mods know.

23. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "The Detroilions.com Message Boards have been suspended until further notice. Posts consisting of profane and unacceptable language and references were increasing in frequency."

.......and this team is in first place! WTF?

24. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    haha, maybe they don't know what to do with themselves?

25. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just so you know charles rogers has gotten a 4 game suspension for an unnamed substance abuse test coming up posative. Two years with 2 broken collar bones, talking crap about the team to the media this week, and then a suspension for drug abuse? How can you guys even question why we would act like that? Oh and then there's "pink pants" Harrington we have to deal with to top it all off. Guess I'm gonna have to change my signature pretty soon.