1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PackerForum Auction/Sale

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Would anyone be interested in selling items on our site in an eBay fashion? I thought that perhaps since we have a captive Packers (and some what NFL) audience that this may be a good venue to institue this type of functionality. Now whether there is a demand for the service, is another whole aspect of the issue.

Let me know if anyone out there would be interested in 1. selling items (I would assume Packers or sports related, but really doesn't matter to me) and 2. would people be interested in purchasing items from sellers on the site here.

Any other positives or negatives that you could see coming with this functionality?

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd better be careful so as not to have to assume liability for any faulty transactions.

If you, Ryan, were selling things, that's one issue. If you let other people sell on your site like eBay, I know that's not a road I would want to journey down on my site. Just sounds risky.

Beyond that I'm not really interested, but thought I would give you my 2 cents.

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That's cool, there will be plenty of diclaimers written by my attorney, no worries there. Anyone that tries to come back on me will not get too far.

Or what we could do is I list the items in a store front, you paypal the money to me as an "escrow service" and then once you receive the goods, I send the money to the seller. Man that sounds like a lot of work though.

I don't know exactly how it would work, just throwing it out there for now.

Nice to see you back out on the site though Rabid!

4. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a bad idea. But me I am to much of a diehard to sell anything.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    and i'm too poor to buy anything.

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    LOL awesome guys :)

7. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would probably buy stuff especially if there was nitchske or a white

8. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is quality I'm hanging on to it. If it is a Hunt or Marshall Jersey...Some comedian might buy them.

My worn out can cooler, round bottomed stein, and other items aren't worth the shipping costs.

Hardcore fans don't sell. It is an idea to put on hold.

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I could use some things to put around like a packer chair or something.

10. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan I would suggest a simple classified type system. I would stay away from auction type stuff. Whereas a classified system the responsibilty and liabilty for the sale and transfer of Items is the Sellers/buyers responsabilty.

And I hate Pay pal and no offense I dont trust anyone with my money.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    not a bad idea. classifieds...i like it.

12. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Actually, earlier today - we were at a place (under the Hooter's Corporate Umbrella) called Beer Sellar - and one of the former original Managers who opened up the place... came strollin' back in, from his free weekend away from Nashville (he's the guy that got the Nashville Packerbackers their gig at the Hangout they now use) - so, ol' Sean and I are yakkin' - he tends to wear his IPB t-shirt while he's behind the Bar down in Nashville - which causes all sorts of raves from the gang down there - everyone wants to buy the (proverbial) shirt off his back, they (apparently) like it THAT much.... i guess you could put it up to how the Clubs all have a symbiosis, like Kin do.... but, anyways..... 1.) it was great seein' Sean and we'll probably do a roadtrip down his way next season to hang with the Nashville PackerBackers... 2.) after readin' this post... it strikes me that maybe (just maybe) there's a few others who wouldn't mind grabbin one of our Club's shirts, as well.

What dya think, RYAN? (which leads back to that 'other' conversation you & I were havin'....)

Just curious.....!

13. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't we all throw in $250 and we could sign Adam Vinateri!!

14. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bwahahahahaha!!! you made my day, buddy - well, my morning anyway!! :rotflmao:

15. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd throw in $250 to get Vinitari...:)

16. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearing out some of my collectibles(I have double of), and I thought some of the fans here might be interested. I added the link to the auction below. thanks for looking, CHEESEHOG
    [​IMG]
    <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8789533554&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting>

I'm not sure what tags to put on the link to make it "live" here.

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Heck.......i don't even trust ME with my money!!! (ESPECIALLY me!!!)LOLOL!!! :lol:

18. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Just copy and paste this to view auction if you are interested
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8789533554&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

I hope this is okay Ryan. I'm a big Packer fan and a "poster" on this site and am not trying to spam, just thought some other Packer fans might want to add to their collection.

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
  20. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The Chunky Soup can is pretty kool. You have two of those?

The tall can of Miller Lite? I have the whole six-pack, with the plastic holder still in place.

Good luck!

21. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Prez. I have about a case & a 1/2 of the unopened six packs. a lot of Packer food items. Pillsbury Packer Touchdown cake mix with green n gold colors and candy football sprinkles,Packer frosting, Gilbert Brown peanut butter,, eddy's ice cream Frozen Tundra Chip container and another Packer one with chocalate footballs, Brett Favre and Reggie White candy bars, wrappers from Lambeau Field hot dogs, sourkraut. Coke bottles from superbowls II & XXXI, coke can from XXXI,Favre Mountain dew, Full cans of Reggies Chunky Soup,a label from green & gold Packer Pizza, Packer salsa, Packer BBQ sauce, Sargento Lambeau Field cheese crocks(Both years, a green one and a gold one, six pack of Cheesehead Beer, bottles of Packer Backer Brau beer, SB XXXI Wheaties, Bart Starr wheaties, Vince Lombardi Wheaties assorted gums and candies, popcorn tins.

When that Homland Security thing with the plastic and duct tape thing came out, I joked to my wife that if we had to, I would tape off my Packer room and if we had to wait it out, at least we could find something to eat and drink. :wink:

22. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah - but man... the calories.. 'specially the Gravedigger stuff, eh? [GRin]

I also have two of the Wheaties boxes, with the SB31 crew and Favre3xMVP in my cabinet.

Other than that - I figure the cat would get into it.

Great stuff, tho'

23. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    " How much for the little girl?"
    "Your women, sell me your women!" ....... Jake Blues

24. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Joliet Jake said that? I thought it was some of dem vikes on the boat! :D

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now.....i don't KNOW if you did or not.........but it's best to take the cereal out to store those collectibles. Keeps the mice and stuff from attacking it. (You may have done so already, but there might be someone that doesn't know that)
    And with soda or beer cans, if there's a CHANCE they could freeze where you store them, punch a hole in the bottom of the can to let the contents out. This saves the seal on the top of the can. Makes it easy/ safe to store them.