1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer Window

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    A couple of years ago, the company I work for made this window as a test unit and took it to a building show. Got good reviews, however the NFL won't allow us to market and sell the unit without proper licensing, to large of an investment to warrant manufacturing the unit.

But since I am sitting here at work coding today, I figured, why not take a quick break and load up a picture of the unit.. so I snaped a quick picture in the showroom..

[​IMG]

A real Packer helmet molded in the glass in the upper left, with the lettering just attached to the other pane of glass.. but the football unit is something we have made a few of.. even for a couple of pro players to boot.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    that would look sweet in the sanctuary of the church i go to.

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That is an original. Something that should be licensed.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Might be wrong but I think the company would have to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That is SWEET!
    But so true.........the NFL would want so much $$$$, that the company would have to charge so much that they wouldn't be able to sell many of those.
    It's a shame, cause it sure is PURDY!!! :lol:

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Makin' up for all the time you spend on PF.com and PP.O during the week eh? :p

Seriously, that is pretty cool, I have always been intrigued with working with glass.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. Love glass. I assisted on the Rose Window for the college I went to (Chico State University, Chico, California).