1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer uniforms

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JBlood, Jul 28, 2005.

1. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,057
    All the old pics of the Pack shows a very deep green and a darker gold for the uniform colors. Did they change the shade of the colors, or is it just the pics?? Anyone know ?? Seems to me that the green was much darker in the '60's and '70's, but time erodes the memories.

[​IMG]Old
    [​IMG]New

2. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    The Packers uniforms pre-Lombardi were BLUE. I recall them to be a much deeper green than now, as the picture points out. The "gold" was also more muted. The 'gold' today is really yellow.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,057
    Yah, I'm trying to get a blue and gold uniform #24 made to match the moniker. The Pack ought to be selling them.
    [​IMG]#27 must have been a practice jersey

4. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, the Packers green and gold uniforms have changed very little since Vince Lombardi was coach and General manager of the Packers. I think only the stripping of the uniform has changed a few times. I have been following the Packers since all my life earliest I remember is around '44., '45' or .46. I think it would be pictures or the TV Tapes, which would be 35 to 40 years old which might change the colors. JBlood that #27 could very well be Johnny "Blood" McNally's regular game jersey. The uniforms back in the '20's were not very fashionable by today's stardard. Might say a bit ugly!! The Packer franchise had very little money in the days of 20's and '40's and early 50's. The uniform in 20's were not very attractive, especially by high fashion stardards of the teams in NFL in the new century. If you would tour the Packers Hall of Fame, you would see the old equipment used by the Packers of that day. A shocking comparison to what the Packers wear in 2005. The football equipment of the early NFL days was primative!! It is $8.00 for admission to Packer Hall of Fame. If you are interested in the history of the NFL and Green Bay Packers. You will really enjoy it. It traces the early beginning of the Packers founded in 1919 to this era, including display of all the Green Bay NFL Championship trophies.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    It's a different fabric.

6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,057
    Thanks, PWT, I've been to the old Packer HOF, but not the new one. I'll have to check out the uniform section a bit more carefully. The Packer web site has Blood's number as 24, but maybe they weren't too particular about numbers back then.

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I own one of Mittchell and Ness Trowhback Canadeo Jerseys and it is white and Gold, size XL is like XXXL Today and the fabric is totally diferent, but it is a beauty itself.. :twisted:

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    id love mitchel & ness even more if they made jersey sizes that FIT...i try and look for these on ebay, either canadeo or brockington, but whereas 52 would fit me normally, m&n are incredibly stretched out

9. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They also have the Canadeo Blue & Gold. I'm considering picking it up this summer at Lambeau.

10. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The modern jersey color has changed as well. It was a lighter green color during the late 90s and changed right around 2000-2002 timeframe when the jersey manufacturer went form Nike to Reebok.