Packer Undrafted FA

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Just heard this one from another board.. Should add some possible pop to the run blocking at TE.

Joey Haynos
Position: TE
Class: Sr
School: Maryland
Conference: ACC
Ht. 6 7"
Wt.: 270
Vertical Jump 30 1/2
Long Jump 10' 3"
40 Time: 4.93

BIOGRAPHY: Two-year starter who totaled 30/318 as a senior after 37/369/3 the previous year.

POSITIVES: King-sized tight end who is effective as a short-range target. Possesses soft hands, makes the difficult over-the-shoulder reception, and comes down with the tough catch in a crowd. Effective position blocker who engulfs defenders and seals them from the action. Extends his hands, offers the quarterback a nice target, and looks the ball in.

NEGATIVES: Lacks footwork in pass protection and does not show great blocking strength. Bends at the waist and overextends into blocks. Not quick releasing into routes and shows poor playing speed.

ANALYSIS: Haynos has the physical dimensions to be a blocking tight end at the next level and may even be given consideration at tackle. He must improve every aspect of his game, become more physical, and start to play to his size for any chance at the next level.

PROJECTION: Middle Sixth Round

Pack93z

Reaction score
KFFL" said:
Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Green Bay Packers signed undrafted rookie free-agent LB Durell Mapp (North Carolina) Monday, April 28. Terms of the deal were not disclosed

Pack93z

Reaction score
Today's Press-Gazette had a list of some of the Packers' rookie free agent signings and invitations.

The Packers haven't announced who's coming to this weekend's rookie orientation camp, so we'll continue to watch the Web for more names. Among them:

-- Arkansas defensive tackle Fred Bledsoe, 6-3, 305.

-- Louisiana-Lafayette cornerback Kyle Ward, 6-1, 191. He ran track at Alcorn State before transferring to Louisiana-Lafayette to play football, according to The Daily Advertiser of Lafayette. He had 15 tackles as a senior.

-- Louisiana-Monroe center Adam Hill, 6-1, 325. He started all 46 games during his career, according to the Monroe News Star.

-- Louisiana Tech offensive lineman Ryan Considine, 6-6, 297. He started 36 consecutive games over three seasons, according to the Monroe News Star.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I missed the Englemon tryout.. kid is a pretty decent player.

Among the other players trying out for team:
Louisiana-Moroe center Adam Hill: Hill started 46 games during his career at ULM.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Michigan safety Brandent Englemon (pictured): Figures to at least see a fair amount of snaps this weekend seeing as the Packers aren't carrying many safties. He earned honorable mention all-Big Ten.

Arkansas defensive tackle Fred Bledsoe: The Packers didn't draft a defensive tackle or sign one as an undrafted free agent. And while they are deep at the position, Bledsoe at least provides some fresh young blood.

Louisiana-Lafayette cornerback Kyle Ward: If nothing else, Ward brings speed. He was a former track guy, but he's had a hard time staying away from injuries. He only had 15 tackles his senior year.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Re: Packer Undrafted FA -

119 knockdown blocks in 2 years.. I like the sound of this kid.. a blocker to go with Lee and Finley..

A Railbird Central exclusive interview with Joey Haynos

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Undrafted rookie tight end Joey Haynos stepped into a pretty good situation in Green Bay.

The University of Maryland product signed with the Packers immediately after the draft knowing that there was a chance to make the team.

Donald Lee and new third round draft choice Jermichael Finley are near locks to make the team, but teams almost always carry three tight ends. Two years ago, the Packers even kept four coming out of training camp.

Haynos will have to compete with Tory Humphrey, who's coming off a season ending injury, and fellow undrafted tight end Michael Peterson. None of them are a lock to make the team, but all of them seemingly have a chance just by a virtue of numbers.

One thing Haynos has working in his favor is his outstanding size. Standing at 6' 7 1/2" and weighing 265 lbs., he can hopefully provide a push. The Packers are going to need a guy who can line up on third down and one and help move the pile to get a first down in the running game. Haynos info..more...

Pack93z

Reaction score
According to the JSOnline blog dealo.. more CB... looks like PackOne calling of not being done at CB was on the money.. just a little shy on star power.. ;)

Wednesday, May 7 2008, 08:41 AM
Green Bay - Former Louisiana-Lafayette cornerback Kyle Ward is the second person to agree to a free-agent contract with the Packer since the rookie camp, according to the school.

After transferring from Alcorn State where he ran track, Ward (6-1, 197) made only 15 tackles as a senior with the Rajun Cajuns because of injuries.

Tryout signing #3: CB Condrew Allen
By Greg A. Bedard
Wednesday, May 7 2008, 10:48 AM
Green Bay - The Packers have also signed former Portland State CB Condrew Allen (6-2, 190) to a free-agent contract.

This is about all I could find on him on the web.

Even Portland State doesn't have a clickable bio for the guy.

Final signing (for now): OT Considine
By Greg A. Bedard
Wednesday, May 7 2008, 11:54 AM
Green Bay - Former Lousiana Tech offensive tackle Ryan Considine said this morning that he has signed a contract with the Packers are will take part in the organized team activities.

Considine said he was pulled out of meetings before the end of rookie camp and given a contract by the Packers.

He'll work out at Louisiana Tech until the start of OTAs.

With three signings, the Packers have two rosters spots open. One is likely being saved for RB Ryan Grant (unsigned tender).

Looks like Bledsoe might be on hold..

Ankle sidelines DT Bledsoe
By Greg A. Bedard
Wednesday, May 7 2008, 11:47 AM
Green Bay - The planned signing of Fred Bledsoe by the Packers has been put on hold because the former Arkansas defensive tackle will have his ankle scoped on Monday, his agent said.

Steve Snider is still optimistic that his client is in the Packers' plans.

"(We're) still talking with the Packers," Snider said. "They say they want him back in six weeks after his scope."

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to see Albert Young from Iowa picked although I'm sad it was by the Viqueens.

Members online

Latest posts