1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer Steeler Game 11/6

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by dacurtain, Aug 13, 2005.

1. dacurtain

dacurtain Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Packer Faithful,

I come in peace :)

My favorite NFC team has long been the Packers and I just bought airline tickets to Green Bay for the 11/6 game.

Yes, I am a Steeler fan, but love to go to away games to experience the people, stadiums, fans, culture and offerings. And from all accounts, there is no better than what GB has to offer in that regard.

Having never attended a game in Lambeau, does anyone have any ideas, thoughts & suggestions regarding places to stay, tickets and the more important stuff such as where to party & tailgate?

We are flying in so would love to skip the hassle of a car...

Figured it's easier to get game tickets there (although would love to have them in advance) then have tickets and not be able to get a flight into Green Bay.

And am finding the same problem booking 2 nights at the same hotel... that's why I am trying to find out the good bars/nightlife so we can pick a place within stumbling distance at least.

Is there a ticket scalping scene in GB? I have my eyes on a few auctions on eBay as well... would be nice to skip the whole Turkish-bazaar-ticket-haggling-thing there in GB (if such a thing exists) and concentrate on tailgating, however.

Pros and cons about any particular section of Lambeau?

Thanks in advance for your posts and insight and best of luck for a Super season!

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    There are ticket scalpers in Green Bay. I have never stayed overnight for a Packer game anyway. There is a nice family spot called Bay Beach. Been there. Glad you could come and soak in the athmosphere. Welcome. Enjoy.

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fuzzy's is the best bar to go to. Lots of Packer memorabilia and Fuzzy's ususally there himself. Tailgaitin, try Favre's or Fuzzy's tailgate party (which is new this season). It's $25 for each of them for unlimited food and drink (though at Fuzzy's it's beer only) for 3 hours before the game. Scalping is legal in GB on Packer Drive in front of the Resch Center. You can always get tickets, it just depends on how much you want to pay, though you can usually get in for close to face value if you're willing to wait until close to kickoff. There are no bad seats at Lambeau, and I mean that. I've sat all over the place and I'm convinced there is no place where the view would be bad. Have fun and if you're tailgaiting at Favre's I'll see you there.

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey TD - We scalped tickets for last year's Home Opener against da Bears and they were NOT at face value even for the Row 30 behind the Packer bench...

For the Steeler fan question(s) ------

The Steeler game is probably the 2nd hottest contest at Lambeau field this Season. I was lucky enuf to get confirmed seats on 10th row, behind the Packer bench around the 30yd line - all I gotta do is pick 'em up. I can forward you the guy's name if ya like and he can try and help you out in advance...

We're staying the Tundra Lodge (brand new) http://www.tundralodge.com - reserved rooms on the day tickets went on sale...

We plan on getting there a couple of days early - see the sights in Milwaukee for a day - visit some old friends around the tri-county area and hopefully catch a good dinner at the Blue Heron there near Wind Lake. I lived near and around Lake Geneva for over ten years back in the Eighties and both my daughters graduated from Burlington High School.

Early (and I do mean early) Saturday Morning, we'll head up to Green Bay and catch the first run of the HOF Tour before the real crowds start showing up.. We'd like to head over the Appleton in the afternoon for a Lombardi Lunch at Vince's Restaurant over there...

Seeing the night life in Green bay before a game the caliber of this one should be great fun - Fuzzy's is a must - but the New Nick Barnett Establishment should be up and running right about now - for those living in Green Bay, on this Board, you can keep us alerted to it's flavor - and we're hoping to catch Nick at his second best when we stop by.....

At Fuzzy's, I know I'm gettin' my pic with the ol' boy, I already have one of his hats, but this 'll be way better. Somewhere along the line, having a meal at Brett's place will have to happen - but I've been told the food isn't as great as you'd think... one never knows till they actually try it - so we will.

I've already tried the Stadium View, where the Front Entrance looks right at Lambeau Field, down Scalper's Alley way.... and I gotta say, I wasn't all that impressed, really... the people that park along Scalper's Alley? Now, that was great fun getting to meet those people. At any rate, we'll be plenty busy...

Now - since you're a Steeler fan? I should (a) alert you to the OfficialBrettFavre.com message boards Forum and (b) let you know, that a few other couples who are half-GB and half-PS will be expecting to meetup with myself and my girl over at Fuzzy's probably on Saturday nite.... If you visit Brett's web site and sign up - you'll be able to coordinate with that group and see what other logistics they're all up to...

I fully expect this game to end up being the BIGGEST attendance game of the Season - one thing I know (hands down) is that the Steeler fans are probably the only real competition Packerfans have when it comes to fandom for their Team... and their on the classy side in doing so.... unlike Eagles, Bucs, Raiders, Cowboy, or Colts fans... who are as rude as it gets...

So yea - this is going to be the best vacation time I've had in some time. Yea hey!
    PM me about getting some special tickets if you like... I'll see what I can do... But you might want to hurry... You can call me at 317-250-4317

Also - (plug here) you can stop by our web site at http://www.IndyPackerBackers.com

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IPB, of course the Bears game is an exception. You're right about the Steelers being a hot ticket. I'd think after the Bears and Queenies, it will be the toughest ticket in town, though NO will be a tough one too.

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey!

AFC football fans are not welcome on this forum.

Go away!

P.S. Jim Kelly's dad had a gambling problem. Jim did what he could to help his dad out, but it cost you four Super bowls. : )

R.P.

7. dacurtain

dacurtain Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, this just confirmed the reason why we wanted to go to GB & Lambeau so badly. The stadium (while famous in its own right) is just a structure, the best part about road games is the fans.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and ideas PackerChick, IPB & TO.

Hope to quaff a frosty beverage with you all at some point along this adventure! :beer:

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to avoid renting a car or anything I would stay at Days Inn Lambeau...It is only a couple blocks from Lambeau field. But you have to probably make arrangments in advance because of people staying there and there are also a lot of activities at the Recsh center which draws a lot of people. Someone also said Bay Beach, GREAT family place, I remember going there when i was little.

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, no kidding - shouldn't have all that much of a problem finding a ride over to Fuzzy's, ya think?