Packer starters who are SOFT.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense: Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones, Nick Barnett

Offense: Chad Clifton, Darin Colledge, Jermicheal Finley, Greg Jennings, Cory Hall.

I'm not saying they aren't good players I'm just saying they aren't very physical. Of course Jennings and Finley are great receiving threats but neither are very good blockers for their positions. Clifton's a good pass blocker but a very poor run blocker. Colledge is undersized and gets zero push in the running game. Hall is small for a fullback and offers nothing as a lead blocker. Barnett is small for a inside linebacker and is better at chasing runners down rather than hitting them head on. Also gets taken out of too many plays when blocked by a guard or physical fullback. Jones and Burnett both look like they are afraid to hit anyone. That was a big knock on Burnett coming into this draft. Not physical at all. Doesn't like to hit. Poor tackler.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Offense: Chad Clifton, Darin Colledge, Jermicheal Finley, Greg Jennings, Cory Hall.

I'm not saying they aren't good players I'm just saying they aren't very physical. Of course Jennings and Finley are great receiving threats but neither are very good blockers for their positions. Clifton's a good pass blocker but a very poor run blocker. Colledge is undersized and gets zero push in the running game. Hall is small for a fullback and offers nothing as a lead blocker. Barnett is small for a inside linebacker and is better at chasing runners down rather than hitting them head on. Also gets taken out of too many plays when blocked by a guard or physical fullback. Jones and Burnett both look like they are afraid to hit anyone. That was a big knock on Burnett coming into this draft. Not physical at all. Doesn't like to hit. Poor tackler.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1TLZ1y9ptQ]YouTube - Leonard Weaver Gruesome Leg Injury .. Packers vs. Eagles .. Sept 12th 2010[/ame]

SO soft...

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch the last play nick made the push to save the game clay got the tackle but nick made it possible saying nick is soft is the worst thing I have heard on this site when he tore his acl and was out all year our d was the worst I have seen it i'n years ask anyone on here they will tell u he is a top MLB i'n the league period

Reaction score
Yah calling Barnett soft was a mistake by you. There are No linebackers, defensive linemen, or O line men that are soft. They might not be the most physical compared to other

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
youre analyzing something and youre not even half competent at it. you say this isnt a critique of how good the players are, but really it is, thats the only reason you listed them here is because you dont think theyre good. granted that raises even more questions on your sanity but we'll leave that lie.

im calling this a troll

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah calling Barnett soft was a mistake by you. There are No linebackers, defensive linemen, or O line men that are soft. They might not be the most physical compared to other

Then you must think Harry Sydney doesn't know what he is talking about either. Sydney has played the game as well as coached it. He has on several occasions mentioned on the FAN sportstalk radio show that Barnett is too small for middle linebacker, Gets engulfed too often by guards in running plays and is a downfield side to side run and catch tackler. He says he has trouble getting off blocks and lacks the power to be a head on force. With Harry's football backround I'll take him at his word. So I guess you also think Harry Sydney doesn't know what the hell he's talking about either.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Then you must think Harry Sydney doesn't know what he is talking about either. Sydney has played the game as well as coached it. He has on several occasions mentioned on the FAN sportstalk radio show that Barnett is too small for middle linebacker, Gets engulfed too often by guards in running plays and is a downfield side to side run and catch tackler. He says he has trouble getting off blocks and lacks the power to be a head on force. With Harry's football backround I'll take him at his word. So I guess you also think Harry Sydney doesn't know what the hell he's talking about either.

Well, you know the saying. Opinions are like ********, everybody's got one. I never really thought about Barnett as soft or not physical. I'm not an expert so I'll have to assume that our coaches feel he's the best guy at that position that we have.

Reaction score

They said Clay Matthews was small too. Just because Barnett isn't the prototypical Mlb doesn't mean he is soft and can't play Linebacker

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if my eyes didnt decieve me.. did anyone else think barnett looked bigger than normal?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett's soft after one game?

It's because his name is Morgan, isn't it? If his name was Marcus we wouldn't be having this discussion. :lol:

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if soft is the best word, especially with Barnett. The guy is always jumping into piles hitting people whenever he can, and you can't really fault a receiver for avoiding contact, they have to. There job is to catch the ball and get it down the field not try to run over corners and safety's. This hasn't hurt us so far but we'll see how it plays out.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahahaha

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

I'm not saying this post is soft. Wait....yes I will.

Members online

Latest posts