Packer Report-LeCharles

Status
Not open for further replies.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerReport is out with their top free agents.

While I highly doubt Emperor Ted is going to spend much in free agency, one player that popped out at me was LeCharles Bentley, center for the New Orleans Saints.

Yes, there's Steven Hutchinson. But he can get top dollar from a number of teams.

Centers are less likely to get that money.

Flanagan is washed up, unless he comes back for veteran's minimum. His health is catching up with him, as is his age. Bentley is a 4-year pro, and familar with McCarthy's offense. He could anchor the line, something Flanagan didn't seem able to do, even before his injury.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott is a good player but we need to upgrade whereever and whenever we can.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
PackerReport is out with their top free agents.

While I highly doubt Emperor Ted is going to spend much in free agency, one player that popped out at me was LeCharles Bentley, center for the New Orleans Saints.

Yes, there's Steven Hutchinson. But he can get top dollar from a number of teams.

Centers are less likely to get that money.

Flanagan is washed up, unless he comes back for veteran's minimum. His health is catching up with him, as is his age. Bentley is a 4-year pro, and familar with McCarthy's offense. He could anchor the line, something Flanagan didn't seem able to do, even before his injury.

Net you wrote:

"Flanagan is washed up, unless he comes back for veteran's minimum. His health is catching up with him, as is his age. Bentley is a 4-year pro, and familar with McCarthy's offense. He could anchor the line, something Flanagan didn't seem able to do, even before his injury."

With all do respect Net, I enjoy your personality and knowledge on this forum.... But.... Let's have a little respect here.

Flanny has been a Packer for TEN YEARS. He has givin his all to Brett, to the organization, and to the community from what I understand.

Imagine just for a moment you were flanny or a member of his family and you logged on to this forum and read this post:

"Flanagan is washed up, unless he comes back for veteran's minimum. His health is catching up with him, as is his age. Bentley is a 4-year pro, and familar with McCarthy's offense. He could anchor the line, something Flanagan didn't seem able to do, even before his injury."

Is that the kind of reward a man deserves for giving his all for TEN years of commitment.

Flanny has been a Packer his whole career, he busted his *** to hang on in his first two years, he started two games in his first five years, but he kept on fighting to contribute and make this team he has given his all for all 10 years.

Centers get no damn respect from fans, but I bet if you sat down with Brett, he would never say he is washed up.

May I edit your post. Please!

"Flanagan is the type of player that is what the Packers represent. His ten year commitment to this team and community is appreciated. His health is catching up with him becuase he has given his all as a Ten Year Vet. Bentley is a 4-year pro, and familar with McCarthy's offense. He could anchor the line, something Flanagan gave his best effort at doing, even before his injury."

No insult ment by this post...

I am a big fan of Centers as they are never appreciated by most fans, I am a huge fan of Flanny, and I am a big fan of anyone who like Mike, has given his all to the Packers from the day he left UCLA ten years ago.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if Brett Favre played worse than Kyle Orton we should still keep him and pay him like a probowler just because of his long commitment to the team?

Those are feelings a GM can't indulge into.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree centers dont get the rspect they deserve and flannagan is a great one,yes his injuries caught up with him but he played when he shouldnt have,i think with the off season he will be fine he doesn need help from the rest and at times didnt get it,look what they are saying about henderson give me a break the guy deserves to come back and play for another 3yrs if he can flanagan would probely do the same thing.i like what flanagan has done he stepped up to the play even when he shouldnt have just like brett or any other player that is worth his clout played hurt and did a better job than those who werent.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
so if Brett Favre played worse than Kyle Orton we should still keep him and pay him like a probowler just because of his long commitment to the team?

Those are feelings a GM can't indulge into.

Who said Brett was worse than Orton?? :lol:

This is obviously BS. Favre is still one of the best QB in the game and comparing him to someone who'd be lucky to be a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride: sorry, I stand by my comments. You are letting sentimentality get in the way of football sense. I always respect your level-headedness, but, well, sorry.

Length of service should not be a factor in determining who plays next year on a team coming off a 4-12 season. I don't know if you watched many games this year, but Mike Flanagan was literally being bowled over at the line of scrimmage. He had a hernia, it is true, but even before that injury he wasn't the Mike Flanagan of a couple of years ago. Players are paid handsomely to make plays. That is their job. A player is expected to bust ***.

It all starts with the offensive line, Pride. The Packers two tackles also had mediocre years, and the guard play was atrocious. Stories out of Green Bay indicated Larry Beightol's(line coach)approach had worn thin on the veterans, and he lost control of the line.

Honor, integrity and all that other stuff is fine, but when you bite into a sandwich you must know there's some meat there, not just butter.

I'm sorry if Flanagan's family is offended if they read my comments. Quite frankly, the players and coaches laugh at boards like this, so I highly doubt any of them are here.

I also don't flinch because I'm reasonably certain the same kinds of assessments are going on inside the film rooms at Lambeau Field.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the millionth time...Gakk...

Put Favre on the Bears last year..and see what would have happened...

Conversely...put Peyton Manning on the Packers...and you would have seen the same thing..or worse...(probably worse..)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
YEAAAH RIIIIGHT!!!

Stay away from the Glog........Gakk...!!!

It's too early to be hammered...

(Yeah...Ben looked like an all-pro in the Super Bowl now didn't he..???)

(Once Hines Ward retires Ben is done...a footnote in NFL history...)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66: but he didn't turn the ball over 5 times.

and DePack, your ancestors abandoned the country, so you've got nothing to talk about.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Pack66: but he didn't turn the ball over 5 times.

and DePack, your ancestors abandoned the country, so you've got nothing to talk about.

hehehe.....you mean escaped!!!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
escaped from what was to become one the wealthiest oil countries in the world, and the #1 country to live in by UN standards you mean? Nice trade.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UN standards?? Milk flying outta my nose!! You mean the same UN that appoints torturous regimes to the human rights council? The same UN that works fervently to chastise the bad guys into compliance...and fails with precision every time? The same UN that is ****** and pillaging the continent of Africa with its peacekeeping troops? Sweeeeeet!!

Hey, don't get me wrong, yours is a beautiful part of the world...but to puff the chest over UN accolades if kinda funny, given their illustrious record over the last decade.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, btw America is the only country in the world besides china not to sign the childrens rights convention and the only civillized western country to use death penalty.

Yes Ryan I know the rules :)

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Gakk...you are embarassing your entire country........and all of us with scandinavian ancestry.

WTF when did this post turn to this wow. Never thought someones country of origin would sictate whether they had an opinion that was valid or not.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because our dollars and compassion are better spent on murderers, rapists and child molesters than actually helping feed, house and provide medical care for those truly in need? (Please note sarcasm...lots of it!) Oh, by the way, the US, in combined government and private dollars continues to be the worlds greatest caretaker...for decades.

And if you must, please tell me via private message exactly why a child torturer/****** deserves to draw breath at the expense of those who can truly be helped. Hell, try to tell me why such a monster should live, period!! Enlighten me.

Yes, Ryan, I know....my last comments on this stupid topic. DePack, Gakk, take it to the "smack" area if you must continue...because if I come on here to talk football and someone is gonna ram their politics (any politics) down my throat, I am not gonna bite my lip.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gak,

I appreciate your passion for your Country. However, you are not making any friends here by bashing the United States.

Well, perhaps you are making friends with the way left democrats on line here, but it is still not a good thing.

You can always become a fan of an NFL Europe team if you like and dump the Packers who are an American organization.

RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts