IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best free agents available

By Adam Caplan
, Scout.com
Date: Mar 15, 2006

List of unrestricted free agents that have yet to sign

Here is a list of National Football League unrestricted free agents that have to re-sign with their old team or a new team:
QB
Josh McCown
Kerry Collins

RB
Sammy Morris
Maurice Morris
Michael Bennett

FB
Fred Beasley
William Henderson
Tony Richardson
Mack Strong
Jerald Sowell

WR
Keyshawn Johnson
Terrell Owens
Rod Gardner
David Boston

TE
Jeb Putzier
Chris Baker

K
Adam Vinatieri
Todd Peterson
Paul Edinger
Mike Vanderjagt

G
Tutan Reyes
Ron Stone

OT
Damion McIntosh
Tom Ashworth
Jon Runyan
Jason Fabini
Brad Hopkins

C
Mike Flanagan
Jeff Mitchell
Trey Teague

DT
Russell Davis
Brenston Buckner
Sam Adams
Jason Fisk
Ron Edwards
Grady Jackson
Lional Dalton
Ryan Pickett

DE
Lance Johnstone
Brady Smith
Duane Clemons
Kenard Lang
Willie McGinest (OLB)
Carlos Hall

ILB
Ben Taylor
Rocky Calmus
Nick Griesen (WLB)
Earl Holmes
Sam Cowart
Chris Claiborne

OLB
Na'il Diggs
Julian Peterson
Jamie Sharper
Warrick Holdman

CB
Charles Woodson
Eric Warfield
Duane Starks
Ty Law
Will Allen
Deshea Townsend
Andre Dyson

S
Will Demps
Lawyer Milloy
Idrees Bashir
Marcus Coleman
Chris Hope
Tebucky Jones
Brent Alexander
Tank Williams

================================

Out of which, we should (could) be looking at.....?

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First we need to cut down your list

Demps signed
Hope signed
Tebucky Jones signed
McGinest signed
Pickett signed (Packers)
Ashworth and Fibini (I think they're signed)

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Bennett HB
Rod Gardner WR
David Boston WR
Adam Vinatieri K
Charles Woodson CB
Julian Peterson LB

I do believe this is a possablility money wise....do I think this is going to happen probably not......

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like your list let me change it just a little

Terrell owens WR
Adam Vinatieri K
Charles Woodson CB
Julian Peterson LB

we just signed Pickett

and then we draft Mario

oh yeah, and get a couple good Guards :D

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone on defense that we sign is going to be a tackler first, then speed....you can tell TT was an ex-lb....

I still think adding speed at the rb postion is also going to be key, but they will have to probably play special teams at some point....so look for a draft pick...according to reports...Packers are hoping Calhoun slips to a 3rd rounder.....speed/KR/PR...for those of u who say, he didn't do it in college, well he was Brandon Williams backup at KR and PR when the season started, was taken off when he became the primary ball handeler on offense....

Kicker is going to be Vanderjagt or Vinatieri.....

Still need a WR I know Gardner has a deal on the table with the Packers, but is scared to sign since he wants to be atleast a 3rd WR on the depth chart....

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feel free to shrink the list with guys who are NOW gone...

Seahawks just re-signed Rocky Bernard & Warrick

****EDIT****

USA Today - Free agents

Packers re-sign Barry, Peterson

GREEN BAY, Wis. — The Green Bay Packers re-signed offensive tackle Kevin Barry and defensive lineman Kenny Peterson on Wednesday.

Barry, a fifth-year player out of Arizona, made the Packers' roster in 2002 as an undrafted rookie free agent. The 6-foot-4, 332-pound Barry has made eight starts in 59 games.

Peterson was the team's third-round pick out of Ohio State in 2003. The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Peterson has played defensive tackle and defensive end for the Packers.

Well, that's one of the two I've been watchin' out for... other is Colin Cole!

Don't forget to go read the entire article, if you haven't already!

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see Townsend sign here. Would be a solid starter opposite Al, and means Carroll moves down to being our nickelback :)

Wouldn't mind seeing Peterson signed, but I think linebacker will be taken care of in the draft.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TO..
TO..
TO...

Keyshawn...

Got it..TT??

Yes, malcontents who are not worth the money, and are cancers in the locker room. He gets it, YOU don't.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a good receiver and with walker acting the way he is and the FA not having many "good" receivers left, why not take TO. We have the money, and he has the ability to really help us win. yeah he could be a pain in the butt, but we already know he likes favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
We need a good receiver and with walker acting the way he is and the FA not having many "good" receivers left, why not take TO. We have the money, and he has the ability to really help us win. yeah he could be a pain in the butt, but we already know he likes favre.

no. He likes using Favre to bash McNabb. Thats what he likes.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
gado35 said:

no. He likes using Favre to bash McNabb. Thats what he likes.

so you dont think favre could keep him under control?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok,

It's NOT enough that Favre is contemplating retirement,

gado35 said:

We need to burden him with babysitting? That's a job that may be better for his daughter...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:

I think he could but why would he want to? Favre already has two children, he doesn't need another 30+ year old child who acts like he's a spoiled 5-year old.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
gado35 said:

I think he could but why would he want to? Favre already has two children, he doesn't need another 30+ year old child who acts like he's a spoiled 5-year old.

He doesn't have one that can catch 20 TD passes a year :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks spending Money on Charles Woodson at this point in his career would be a bad move? Pending his asking price of course.

Julian Peterson has had injury problems throughout his career. He'd be a good fit for the scheme we run though.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Am I the only one that thinks spending Money on Charles Woodson at this point in his career would be a bad move? Pending his asking price of course.

Julian Peterson has had injury problems throughout his career. He'd be a good fit for the scheme we run though.

Peterson is a premium OLB when healthy...you think he should be signed by now, but you wonder how bad his injury problems are. Either we should take a look at him, or look at ben taylor

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
porky88 said:

Peterson is a premium OLB when healthy...you think he should be signed by now, but you wonder how bad his injury problems are. Either we should take a look at him, or look at ben taylor

Yeah I agree and I thought the samething with Peterson. If his injury problems wasn't a concern he'd clearly be signed by now.

I like Ben Taylor as well. Hopefully we can work out a deal for him. Still a lot of quality guys at LB. If we end up with Hawk in the draft or someone like Thomas Howard in round 2 that'd be good as well.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack and all you TO lovin' knuckleheads (said with affection), how many times as a child did it take you to learn that when you stick a knife/fork in the outlet you will get shocked? 5, 10?

What in this guy's history, other than decimating two once proud franchises' locker rooms, suggests that he will be a good citizen?

He is the Websters definition of narcissism and is to be avoided at all costs.

Members online

Latest posts