Packer report - FA's still out there!

Reaction score
porky88 said:
JavonWalker084 said:
porky88 said:
Am I the only one that thinks spending Money on Charles Woodson at this point in his career would be a bad move? Pending his asking price of course.

Julian Peterson has had injury problems throughout his career. He'd be a good fit for the scheme we run though.

Peterson is a premium OLB when healthy...you think he should be signed by now, but you wonder how bad his injury problems are. Either we should take a look at him, or look at ben taylor

Yeah I agree and I thought the samething with Peterson. If his injury problems wasn't a concern he'd clearly be signed by now.

Actually, one of the articles I read made a very good point. It basically said that there must be a reason that TT is not going after Peterson, and that reason could be MM, since MM came over from San Fran., who would know more him. A very true statement, IMO.

And digs, the thing about T.O. is that he would isntantly upgrade our WR crops. In Philly, he behaved his first year, so perhaps if the Packers do get him, he will be an ok lockerroom person for year 1. And I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of signing TO to a one year contract, but of course that might just encourage TO to act disruptive once again. But I drool at the possibility of having a Driver/TO/Walker WR set. :D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Achilles injuries are really tough to fully return from. And they seem to be somewhat fragile even when healed.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
DePack and all you TO lovin' knuckleheads (said with affection), how many times as a child did it take you to learn that when you stick a knife/fork in the outlet you will get shocked? 5, 10?

What in this guy's history, other than decimating two once proud franchises' locker rooms, suggests that he will be a good citizen?

He is the Websters definition of narcissism and is to be avoided at all costs.

I still do the fork thing every now and then.........but now it's just for the fun of it.

I'm tired of good citizens.....I want a championship!!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think for a year or two TO would be worth it. The NFC is wideopen and if we add TO for two years who knows what could happen. I also think that's the one move that would get Favre big. That would show Favre that the team wants to win now and not rebuild.

I think TO learned his lesson in Philly and SF. If he guy acts like he did again he'll never get his money.

Though there are reports that TO wants a big contract right now with a lot of money up front. If that's the case then I say pass on TO and look at Moulds or Johnson for a short term deal.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
digsthepack said:
DePack and all you TO lovin' knuckleheads (said with affection), how many times as a child did it take you to learn that when you stick a knife/fork in the outlet you will get shocked? 5, 10?

What in this guy's history, other than decimating two once proud franchises' locker rooms, suggests that he will be a good citizen?

He is the Websters definition of narcissism and is to be avoided at all costs.

I still do the fork thing every now and then.........but now it's just for the fun of it.

I'm tired of good citizens.....I want a championship!!!!

I hear that, but how many rings does T.O. have?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm reading insider right now and it says that Green Bay is going to pursue Derek Smith the LB from the 49ers who lead the team in tackles for 5 years in a row right now.

He's 31 so I'm not sure what kind of an impact he'll have.

Green Bay is also expected to visit Ben Taylor next week.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I'm reading insider right now and it says that Green Bay is going to pursue Derek Smith the LB from the 49ers who lead the team in tackles for 5 years in a row right now.

He's 31 so I'm not sure what kind of an impact he'll have.

Green Bay is also expected to visit Ben Taylor next week.

What is the date on that "Insider"?

Members online

Latest posts