Packer quiz

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To help with boredom here are 10 questions related to Packers. See how many you get without looking them up.
1. The "Grey Ghost of Gonzaga" was a Packer legend. In the past 30 years how many players from Gonzaga Univ. have been on the roster.
2. Jackie Harris was an All Pro tight end. Who did he leave to play with and what team did he last play for.
3. What University did Jerry Kramer play for and what University is across the river from it.
4. Which team drafted Lynn ****ey
5. Which team did the Packers beat to lose the right to the first pick in the draft which was Troy Aikman.
6. From above, Who did they take with the second pick.
7. Twice the Packers passed on U. Wixconsin players that became All Pros for other teams, once at WR and once at CB. Who did they pass on and who did they take.
8. The Packing company that started the Packer company team was named what?
9. Who was the million dollar backfield, which two players and what school did they come from.
10. Max McGee made his money after playing for the Packers by investing in what.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7. I think the WR was Chris Chambers, who i wanted us to pick, but we chose Derrick Mayes...I think don't remember. The CB must have been Troy Vincent but I don't know who we picked instead, possibly Terrell Buckley.

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris last played for Dallas and left for Tampa.
****ey was drafted by Houston.
Packers beat the Cards to miss out on aikman.
Tony Mandirich from Michigan St.
Max made his money from Chi-Chi's.
With out cheating I'm not sure on the rest. Kramer came from Idaho.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7. I THINK the WR was Al Toon with the Jets.
And Troy Vincent as stated here already in this thread.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
magic_8ball said:
7. I think the WR was Chris Chambers, who i wanted us to pick, but we chose Derrick Mayes...I think don't remember. The CB must have been Troy Vincent but I don't know who we picked instead, possibly Terrell Buckley.

Correct except for Derrick Mayes, we took Robert Ferguson. Two frustrating picks.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. We took Ferguson instead of chambers and Terrell Buckley instead of Troy Vincent.

magic_8ball said:

Correct except for Derrick Mayes, we took Robert Ferguson. Two frustrating picks.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3/4 correct. We took Ferguson instead of Chambers. Others are correct.

magic_8ball said:

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very Good. Jackie Harris went to Tampa finished with Dallas. Lynn ****ey drafted by Houston but they also got Dan Pastorini so they traded ****ey. Packers beat Cards to have 3 wins to Dallas 2. If both had 2 Pack would have won the tie breaker and Aikman would have been a Packer. Instead we took Mandarich and passed on Barry Sanders.
Kramer came from Idaho, which is in Lewiston. Across the river is Pullman, WA which is home of Washington State Cougars from Pac 10.

Harris last played for Dallas and left for Tampa.
****ey was drafted by Houston.
Packers beat the Cards to miss out on aikman.
Tony Mandirich from Michigan St.
Max made his money from Chi-Chi's.
With out cheating I'm not sure on the rest. Kramer came from Idaho.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't i right about Al Toon being an all pro, and playing for the Wisconsin Badgers and not being picked by the Packers? (Question #7)

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't i right about Al Toon being an all pro, and playing for the Wisconsin Badgers and not being picked by the Packers? (Question #7)
You were right, I forgot about him. Packers took Ken Ruetgers, OL with pick 7 and Jets took Toon with pick 10. I do think Ruetgers was a decent player. Both teams passed on Jerry Rice who the 49ers took at pick 16.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You were right, I forgot about him. Packers took Ken Ruetgers, OL with pick 7 and Jets took Toon with pick 10. I do think Ruetgers was a decent player. Both teams passed on Jerry Rice who the 49ers took at pick 16.
Thanks! I always liked Toon, and hoped he would have been a Packer. You are right though, our pick was pretty darn good too!
But man........wouldn't it have been sweet to see Rice in a Packer uniform?

Members online

Latest posts