1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer Pro Shop Tent Sale

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vegOmatic, Apr 24, 2007.

1. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    June 8 & 9. I know this is an annual ritual for some of you.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info! I have to check that out. I never went to that.

3. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt even know the pro shop had a tent sale,,good info veg thanks!!

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stupid question here, but is the "tent sale" literally a sale on merchandise that takes place on a tent?

If I can take part in the sale online, I've been looking to get some more stuff....

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    my best is "in" a tent. i wouldn't put too much stock in betting that it takes place on a tent.

6. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    A "Tent Sale" is another term for "Parking Lot Sale"

They will set up tents, usually it is an illusion to give the perspective to the customer that they have to set up tents because there is no room in the store or warehouse so we need tents in the parking lot because "We are over stocked and dumping merchandise at cost."

The fact is 90% of the time the company is not over stocked and orders extra stock for the so called "Tent Sale."

This is not to say there will not be great deals, or that this sale is not because the Packer Pro Shop is over stocked and dumping product at or near cost. This may be in fact the case.

I think it is worth going to for sure. Even if you get there early you will have loss leaders on sale.

OK, I am done here with my preaching on sales tactics.

R.P.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    i think in the past lot of stuff from EX players can be had

Then there are GREAT deals on current players stuff and also good deals on general packer stuff

8. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They used to set up tents but now it is in the atrium. I think they mainly dump merchandise in order to make room for the styles of the coming season. Very good deals and sometimes miscellaneous items used by the players. The best of the best is snatched up when it first opens but there are worthwhile items even towards the end on the second day.