Packer Pro Bowlers

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers that got the screw:

Crosby
Barnett
Woody

Packers that could have gotten the nod...

Jennings
KGB
Lee

I NEVER watch the probowl... If it was up to me, I'd fly to Hawaii to ride my Bike, fish, and get a good laugh at the QB competitions and other NFL social events.

THIS year, I plan on making the Dallas/GB playoff game. IF you see a guy carrying a sign that reads "Cowboys bribed the refs"... that MIGHT be me.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the whole Crosby-Folk thing... Folk has had a greater number of game-winners. That's one stat that wasn't listed.

And yes, Barnett should've gotten in. I don't see how the hell Lofa Tatupu got his spot, much less be a starter. Seattle is ridiculously overrated. If they were playing in a different division, I can tell you for sure they'd be in third place. I'm guessing half those stats came from pounding on Alex Smith and Marc Bulger.

Barnett has been nothing but money. I think I know why he didn't make it. he said it himself. A lot of people in the league don't like him.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson was robbed.

Jennings was kind of robbed (12 TDS!!!)

Barnett is the best MLB in the NFC.

Lee is not better than Witten or Cooley.

Pickett should be in over Tommie Harris.

Bigby should be in over Sharper.

If Ryan Grant and Greg Jennings played more in the beginning of the year, they would be in Hawaii.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ah someone else mentoined the prowbowl tends to "Reward" players a year or two after they have been playing at "Probowl Level". I guarantee Barnett makes it in next year if he stays healthy for 16 games no matter what his stats are like. The biggest injustice is of course Fred Taylor of Jacksonville, its a insult really.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers small number of players in the pro bowl just speaks loudly of the team work that they play with, they dont have anybody stealing the show outside of brett favre, we play as a team and win/lose as a team, if one guy is having a bad day, another part of the team picks up the slack. Thats why we have won 12 games and thats why we will continue to win!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am amazed with Driver going over Jennings.. TD's usually speak loudly.

Harris over Woodson.. hmmm smells of makeup voting.

Barnett truly got screwed..

I'm sure GJ will be spending some time in Hawaii, but not this year. DD is one of the elite NFL WR and leads the team in receiving, so congrats to him & my favorite packer #4 Brett Favre. Al Harris was healthy alll season and it was his turn to make the trip to paridise.

Go Packers

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im glad that Favre, Driver, Harris and Kampman made the pro bowl. I do believe that Barnett, Woodson and Jennings should have made it to. I would think that they would pick more players from a team that is doing well over all.

Oh well it is what it is, lets show everyone we can get to the Superbowl, they are already surprised that we made it this far.

GO PACK!!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still mad Barnett didn't make it. There is absolutely no reason for that. The voting system is flawed. He's been one of the best DEFENDERS overall in the NFC this year.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still mad Barnett didn't make it. There is absolutely no reason for that. The voting system is flawed. He's been one of the best DEFENDERS overall in the NFC this year.

YES!

Wholeheartedly agree. It is flawed. EVERY other year the HIGHEST scorer is the kicker for the conference. THIS year, Crosby has that distinction but no vote...

Barnett deserves to go AND has deserved it for a couple of years now.

Reaction score
woodson's injury may have cost him some votes

True, but on the other hand you could argue it should have gotten him even more votes.

We were down right terrible without C-Wood in the secondary, which should clearly show how important he is to this team.

Reaction score
Packers that got the screw:

Crosby

I have to disagree with you there Obi1, I think Crosby didn't deserve to go.

Granted he had some huge moments as a rookie, but overall Crosby has lacked consistency at times.

He still hasn't kicked in snow, and if I'm not mistaken when the weather has been a bit rough, Crosby has struggled to make some long kicks.

Not quite at Browns' Dawson or Colts' Vinatieri level yet, IMO. I do think he will eventually get there, though.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My theory on the Barnett screw-job:

Nationally or widely televised games-he wasn't necessarily outstanding or a focal point of the commentary.

Sunday nite loss to Bears: Deshawn Wynn had a big first half, then Brett got a lot of focus.

Monday night win over Denver on ESPN: Brett stole the show, and Al Harris got some cred

Debacle in Dallas: Harris gets a lot of focus, and what should have been a two-INT game. Brett is again the main focus, til he gets hurt. Barnett kinda disappeared.

My point is that you gotta get some love from announcers (which is the result of having big statistical seasons in previous years) or make some big-time plays in the nationally televised games to get those probowl votes.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
My theory on the Barnett screw-job:

Nationally or widely televised games-he wasn't necessarily outstanding or a focal point of the commentary.

Sunday nite loss to Bears: Deshawn Wynn had a big first half, then Brett got a lot of focus.

Monday night win over Denver on ESPN: Brett stole the show, and Al Harris got some cred

Debacle in Dallas: Harris gets a lot of focus, and what should have been a two-INT game. Brett is again the main focus, til he gets hurt. Barnett kinda disappeared.

My point is that you gotta get some love from announcers (which is the result of having big statistical seasons in previous years) or make some big-time plays in the nationally televised games to get those probowl votes.

Patrick Willis deserved to go. The guy is a beast. He is scary good. I love Barnett but Willis IMO is just flat out more instinctive than he is. Willis THIS year is the best LB in the NFC. Tatupu and Barnett are very close. Tatupu is definitely much better in coverage than Barnett, but Barnett is better at shedding blockers and pursuit. Tatupu/Barnett both deserve it. I can't be overly pissed about this one

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers small number of players in the pro bowl just speaks loudly of the team work that they play with, they dont have anybody stealing the show outside of brett favre, we play as a team and win/lose as a team, if one guy is having a bad day, another part of the team picks up the slack. Thats why we have won 12 games and thats why we will continue to win!

ding ding...you win my nail on the head award! :hammer:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
An interesting piece for the fans moreso than the players.. as a Player I would hold onto it and use it to feed my drive.. but as a fan.. I agree with the "Get over it" bit.. :twocents:

http://www.madison.com/tct/blogs/lucas/262918

Lucas at Large: Will the Pro Bowl snubs inspire Packers?
Mike Lucas —
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have sent at least one player to the Pro Bowl in each of the last 11 seasons. But the Bucs stop here. The streak is now over, even though the Buccaneers are the owners of a 9-5 record and the NFC South division title.

Tampa Bay had some worthy candidates. Like wide receiver Joey Galloway, who's averaging 17.6 yards per catch. Like cornerback Ronde Barber, a four-time choice. Like linebacker Derrick Brooks, a perennial Pro Bowler (10 straight teams).

What did the Tasmanian Devil (Jon Gruden) have to say bout the snubs? "I'm just disappointed for our players,'' he told the Tampa Tribune. And, then, he added this important caveat, "I'd rather have playoff players, anyhow.''

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio might echo Gruden's sentiments, especially since the Jags also got jobbed by the Pro Bowl voters. They got shut out, despite sporting an impressive 10-4 record. Fred Taylor was most deserving, too.

Misery must deserve company.

Does that make you feel any better Packer Backer?

While you could make convincing Pro Bowl arguments for middle linebacker Nick Barnett and cornerback Charles Woodson -- who's more deserving than Al Harris -- you're not always going to get what you want. Or what you deserve, because it's largely a popularity contest.

Not that you can't vent. "It's shocking,'' Ronde Barber told the Tampa Tribune. "We're the No. 1 scoring defense in the NFC but we've got nobody on the list.'' And, then, he followed suit with his own worn caveat, "It is what it is.''

Maybe the best advice was offered up by Kansas City coach Herm Edwards. After yet another loss, the Chiefs' 10th in 14 games, Edwards acknowledged, "People aren't used to this in Kansas City.'' And, then, he delivered the kicker, "Get over it.''

Words to live by.

Get over it.

"It happens,'' Edwards continued. "It's called life. You can't think you're too big that it's not going to happen to you. It happens to everybody.''

Because he didn't get a very pleasant response, Edwards has since clarified his wording. Nonetheless, he was spot-on. Pro Bowl snub? Get over it.

After all, you play to win the game.

And most Packer fans would rather have playoff players anyhow.

Or should with the expectation that Green Bay will get another crack against the Pro Bowl Heavy 'boys who may be more smoke than substance in Dallas. The Pro Bowl snubs should work nicely as motivation for the Packers.

On the other hand, what if the Pack draws the Pro Bowl-Less Bucs? Does the motivational and inspirational advantage go to Tampa Bay?

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What interests me is that i have heard countless amounts of people on this forum and other places state that DD is underrated and spectacular. But if he is so underrated, then all these ppl wouldn't be praising him. Being voted into the pro bowl this season somewhat contreversially before someone such as Colston who's stats are clearly better(not a better player, better stats), it may show that he is being voted in by fans, coaches, and players for his name and for past performances, which being the case, would imply that he is far from underrated, but being propelled into the pro bowl due to respect...In the past he has missed it despite possibly having been deserving, yet it was close this season, and he maybe was in for resume....Either way, i think we can concure that Driver is no longer underrated around the league in the slightest

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how when Favre gets voted in, he never plays. It's funny to me. He probably doesn't find flag football too exciting.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What interests me is that i have heard countless amounts of people on this forum and other places state that DD is underrated and spectacular. But if he is so underrated, then all these ppl wouldn't be praising him. Being voted into the pro bowl this season somewhat contreversially before someone such as Colston who's stats are clearly better(not a better player, better stats), it may show that he is being voted in by fans, coaches, and players for his name and for past performances, which being the case, would imply that he is far from underrated, but being propelled into the pro bowl due to respect...In the past he has missed it despite possibly having been deserving, yet it was close this season, and he maybe was in for resume....Either way, i think we can concure that Driver is no longer underrated around the league in the slightest

I agree that Driver is mostly getting the props he deserves now. It's become standard for every announcer who covers a Packer game to make a speech about how underrated he is, and they say the same thing about Kampman. These guys are respected around the league now. It's more a case of them not getting as much press because they are on a small market team and neither of them draws attention to himself with wild antics or controversial statements.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts