Packer Power is back!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this game, specifically, brought back, to the surface, the ol' Packer magic.....!

The only sore spot I can think of was Robert Ferguson.... He let the Team down more than just several times.... sad to see, really - especially after he spoke out so much about not getting any real opportunities.... now, that he is getting "exactly that" - where is he... it's like Fumble City - or "I had it but someone took my ball away"..

And then, to watch him blow off Brett, like that, on NATIONAL TV... my first comment was that he'll start throwin' to Terrence Murphy - who's really earned it "already" and WHAM, Murphy goes down for what might be the rest of the Season.... I hope he's okay! Did any of you see Brett's grimace while kneeling there thinking about the options which were just taken away(?) I did!

At this point - with watching who took what routes on which plays - I'd say Fergie's days with the Pack are just about done and next year, they'll trade him or let him go, period - he's just not stepping up like he said he'd do.... Oh, I'm sure he's got a few "excuses" - but real players never make any.. they step past that nonsense like it never existed - which is what Donald Driver has been doing....

Now, certainly, I wasn't out there on the field - but the camera does NOT lie....
Fergie needs to stay locked in the film room and review it over and over until it sinks in - he must demonstrate more heart and consideration for the rest of the Team - because we had this game over & over except that he kept us away from a notch in the WIN column, at almost every chance afforded to us....

Chatman stepped up, as usual...even David Martin had a great game....
Did you guys watch Whitticker pullin some moves out there tonight? I did....
Scott Wells came in and the whole O-Line solidified almost intantly... amazing.
Ruegamer and Klemm both had a few great plays which gave Brett so much time in the pocket - it was almost 2003 all over again... Madden couldn't keep it to himself. Michaels, as well... "look at all the time Brett suddenly has out there to find Receivers"

I don't care how many total penalties we had today......

TODAY - the Defense and the Offense played their butts off - and were evenly matched on the field. From now on, the Packers are back and some of the so-called "entitled" Teams had better watch out - Packer Power is back, and then some!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
TODAY - the Defense and the Offense played their butts off - and were evenly matched on the field. From now on, the Packers are back and some of the so-called "entitled" Teams had better watch out - Packer Power is back, and then some!

I'll believe it when I see some wins. Until then, there is no Packer power.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, IBPprez.
GB played outstanding ball in the 4th quarter, but penalties killed us. We were on the verge of making an olympian comeback, over youth, inexperience, and some mighty sad defense, but penalties made the difference. 3 points.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've played outstanding every 4th quarter this season. What difference has it made? We still haven't won. We need to play great all 4 quarters.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Painfull as the final score was I have to agree. I saw something today that was not there in the last three games. I know it is the W that counts in the end but considering the injuries and penalties that was one hell of a 4th quarter showing. In any other division I would be really worried but this team is so close to winning every game right now, you can just feel they are going to end up taking this divison in the end. Man did Brett look good too.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes a difference to the players. Makeshift offense and poor defensive efforts aside, if these guys can get it into their heads they're capable of scoring points, at least -.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can try to convince yourselves that this is a sign of a great season next year but the reality is that Favre is probably gone and what would the outcome of this game had been with out him? 0-4 with Favre does not mean better days ahead with out him.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but we really need to come up with a win one of these days. We've lost the last thre games by 6 total points so we're essentially 2 figgies from 2-2, but we just need to win one right now.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should win next week (though we should've won vs. the Browns and Bucs too). My only fear is that, after having lost the last 3 in gut-wrenching fashion, the tank might be empty, especially given the injuries and the short week.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be 1-4 next week....the same position as last year when we won the division. Except it will be much easier this year. I believe the queens were 5-0 after week five last season.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, sad but true. i wasa huge fergie fan, but you are right. that hit last year by darius changed him. he is a different player this year. i saw favre scolding him, hardcore.

there are still 12 games left, we'll see how fergie does the rest of the season.

i liked donald lee, he made a nice"hands " catch in the end-zone while absorbing a punishing elbow from the defender.

GBP lack talent on defence. roman and little are awefull.

the weakest positions IMHO on the GBP is SS and SLBer

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
wow, sad but true. i wasa huge fergie fan, but you are right. that hit last year by darius changed him. he is a different player this year. i saw favre scolding him, hardcore.

But - did you see Fergie's response while being scolded....?

I got a problem with that attitude..... smells like BatmanII, last year....

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We should win next week (though we should've won vs. the Browns and Bucs too). My only fear is that, after having lost the last 3 in gut-wrenching fashion, the tank might be empty, especially given the injuries and the short week.

thats what i'm afraid of...next week will have to be a lot like the 4th qtr vs. carolina, favre's gonna have to throw A LOT...because i dont know how healthy ahman, flanagan or clifton will be...and its not like they did much of anything running the ball anyway

the saints are 2-2, its not like we're playing a cupcake...mcallister, joe horn, there's some offensive talent that our defense (the secondary) is going to actually stop...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
dhpackr said:

But - did you see Fergie's response while being scolded....?

I got a problem with that attitude..... smells like BatmanII, last year....

i think fergie respects brett, i just think fergie's confidence is shaken right now

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
the saints are 2-2, its not like we're playing a cupcake...mcallister, joe horn, there's some offensive talent that our defense (the secondary) is going to actually stop...

C'mon... If the Purple Fairies can beat the Saints, I should certainly hope the Pack can as well!

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts