1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer forums FF league

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Cdnfavrefan, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured I would start a thread for us to discuss and talk a little smack for our FF league. Hopefully it stays on the front page for the year. I'm guessing Free Beer must of taken some Steelers so he can at least say he was in first place for a few days. LOL Well if he was smart enough to take Batch he deserves the points. Althbough if someone took Batch I'd have to wonder if they're incredibly smart or incredibly stupid. Here's to a close season

2. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I saw that CdnFF. But you have to watch your trades real close. They become "gold" as the season progresses with Byes & Injurys. Just a reminder of the rule-"NO buying of trades to keep it "level" for everybody. :wink:

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who got smoked this week?

Oh, that would be Longtime.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Ummmmm..I did not lose by 45 points wonder who that was??

5. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My Bulldogs are 1-0 in the Gold league. These dogs will hunt!! :twisted:

6. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe it. Hell must of frozen over cause Kurt Warner got as many points as the rest of my team put together.
    CheeseHog-what do trades help anyway or is cutting a player and resigning a new one considered a trade?

7. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that's a trade. I guess once the season starts you have limited add/drops. You get 3 more each week and I think they pool together, so you can keep the 3 picks from this week and have 6 next week, for example.

By the way, it should be made clear that this thread is for the salary cap league. We're getting some Green/Gold league discussion here. (I got worked this week in the green league. :p )

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks 82 that's the one question I was trying to figure out as I havn't done a salary cap league before. No need to make trades as I expect my boys to get it going

9. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I could be wrong though; it's my first year in a salary cap league too. :wink:

I know what a trade is, but I'm not 100% sure you keep the unused trades.

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't see needing more then 3 in a week anyway. Is tough to always see the cheap guys you passed on rack up big games and have your highest paid player do squat

11. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You get three tades to start out with and you will get 1 x-tra trade each week. You can accumilate them but as you will see, with bye weeks starting and injurys, they go fast. Good Luck and thanks for playing

12. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you happened to get burned when your fantasy "stud" player (Alexander, Johnson, Palmer, etc...) did not blowout the other team this week, do not panic yet. Most of the big names started slowly last year too but came on strongly later. You don't want to waste your trades too soon and then need those guys back in a couple of weeks.

13. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1 trade a week makes more sence. Now I see the strategy in it. With 3 a week I wouldv'e never even used them.

14. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I'd be close to the top if I didn't trade away Jennings for Moulds after week 1 . Stupid, stupid stupid :twisted:

15. YERCELL

YERCELL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you guys just talk in your league?

16. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Or we could just talk on Packerforum.com.

By the way, I'm in 1st place!! :joy: :chest: :towel:

17. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1st place in PF Gold League !! :beer: :joy: :towel: :pals: :thumbsup: :chug:

18. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was doing alright but I screwed myself by not managing my trades well. I found out I got 5 guys having a bye this week. Bye this week means bye-bye first place