Packer forums FF league

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread for us to discuss and talk a little smack for our FF league. Hopefully it stays on the front page for the year. I'm guessing Free Beer must of taken some Steelers so he can at least say he was in first place for a few days. LOL Well if he was smart enough to take Batch he deserves the points. Althbough if someone took Batch I'd have to wonder if they're incredibly smart or incredibly stupid. Here's to a close season

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that CdnFF. But you have to watch your trades real close. They become "gold" as the season progresses with Byes & Injurys. Just a reminder of the rule-"NO buying of trades to keep it "level" for everybody. :wink:

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe it. Hell must of frozen over cause Kurt Warner got as many points as the rest of my team put together.
CheeseHog-what do trades help anyway or is cutting a player and resigning a new one considered a trade?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I can't believe it. Hell must of frozen over cause Kurt Warner got as many points as the rest of my team put together.
CheeseHog-what do trades help anyway or is cutting a player and resigning a new one considered a trade?

Yes, that's a trade. I guess once the season starts you have limited add/drops. You get 3 more each week and I think they pool together, so you can keep the 3 picks from this week and have 6 next week, for example.

By the way, it should be made clear that this thread is for the salary cap league. We're getting some Green/Gold league discussion here. (I got worked this week in the green league. :p )

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks 82 that's the one question I was trying to figure out as I havn't done a salary cap league before. No need to make trades as I expect my boys to get it going

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong though; it's my first year in a salary cap league too. :wink:

I know what a trade is, but I'm not 100% sure you keep the unused trades.

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I don't see needing more then 3 in a week anyway. Is tough to always see the cheap guys you passed on rack up big games and have your highest paid player do squat

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get three tades to start out with and you will get 1 x-tra trade each week. You can accumilate them but as you will see, with bye weeks starting and injurys, they go fast. Good Luck and thanks for playing

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you happened to get burned when your fantasy "stud" player (Alexander, Johnson, Palmer, etc...) did not blowout the other team this week, do not panic yet. Most of the big names started slowly last year too but came on strongly later. You don't want to waste your trades too soon and then need those guys back in a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was doing alright but I screwed myself by not managing my trades well. I found out I got 5 guys having a bye this week. Bye this week means bye-bye first place

Members online

Latest posts