Packer Forum Logo

e2ctrainer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Suggest we vote for a New Logo for the Forum, As a Cheese head he should maybe have a packe helment under the cheese head? Suggestions anyone?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see something old school. Showing the history and tradition of excellence of the Packers in the NFL.
It could be some early players or just Vince.

Something that shows the 13 wins.

Feature some fans somehow.

I always just like seeing the big G on there.

Or else just A-Rod and the Claymaker is fine as well representing O and D.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I am sure that it is none of my business since I am not an Administrator, Moderator, or founder of the forum, but I am curious why a guy who has six posts and who joined today thinks he should be proposing such a change.

I, perhaps incorrectly, assume that the people who started the forum had reason to choose the logo, and absent some compelling reason, I see no need to change it. To me this is like a rookie coming into camp and proposing to the Packers front office that we ditch the big "G" on the helmet.

I like the present logo and would be opposed to changing it. Keep the tradition.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am sure that it is none of my business since I am not an Administrator, Moderator, or founder of the forum, but I am curious why a guy who has six posts and who joined today thinks he should be proposing such a change.

I, perhaps incorrectly, assume that the people who started the forum had reason to choose the logo, and absent some compelling reason, I see no need to change it. To me this is like a rookie coming into camp and proposing to the Packers front office that we ditch the big "G" on the helmet.

I like the present logo and would be opposed to changing it. Keep the tradition.

Hey he may of been browsing this forum for days, figured he would join and the next day we change everything and his wife caught him on it, and wondering why he is on a cheese forum. :p

I kind of miss the Matthews and Rodgers pic at the top, can we change that back?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure about this, but maybe the pics of Rodgers and Mathews were a copyright issue?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me that a new guy started this thread. Welcome, e2c.

The logo is ok to me-- I hadn't even really noticed that it is simply a wedge of cheese until now. But, FFavre's idea of incorporating some sort of old-school imagery into the banner is a good one.

Perhaps those of you who create those cool signatures can come up with something?

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the players were a copyright issue and we had to change the logo ASAP. So this is what we came up with in a short period of time to appease the NFL lawyers. I do like the suggestions you guys are making in this thread though. I will give it some more thought once the software switch issues have settled down.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to put my vote behind the current logo. It is simple and fresh looking, not generic like some picture of CM3 or AR celebrating. The wedge of cheese is simple and every football fan knows what team it represents. The wedge is also versatile, it looks great showing off new threads.

Forums should strive to look as simple and clean as possible while trying to represent the subject the best it can. Pf.com is now doing just that, I hope it stays.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I could possibly see a move to the cheese and the Lombardis, but I really like the cheese -- its iconic, and I agree with VersusTheMoose, its simple and versatile.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I could possibly see a move to the cheese and the Lombardis, but I really like the cheese -- its iconic, and I agree with VersusTheMoose, its simple and versatile.

True, true. How many other NFL, or any professional teams, have a piece of food for their logo. Although, the Browns have orange as their logo. That's just weird. I vote cheese!!!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
weird how he joined that day...made a site change proposal, and hasn't been back....hmmm very odd!!!!

I vote for the Cheese wedge too, as I'm SURE there is no lawyers representing cheese!:)

Staff online

Members online