Packer Food

TomRamsey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Packer Fans! - I am a chef and caterer in Jackson, Mississippi. I am working on my Super Bowl menu and want to offer my customers some food representative of Green Bay and Packer fans. So far, I have come up with Cheddar Melt Sandwiches, Brats on a Sheboygan Roll and a "Friday Night" Fish Fry. Any other ideas, suggestions or corrections?

Thanks - Tom

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
oooooo sounds great so far!!!!! There was a thread somewhere, that had alot of suggestions... Some I never knew about like the drinks.

Its been too long since I lived in Wisconsin,...but as long as you have Beer, Brats and cheese your golden! lol

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can look up recipes for pasties. They are big in Wisconsin and UP (Michigan). Easy to make in bulk and they will go over really well!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If you get Johnsonville brats on the menu and beer your 1/2 way there. What you got so far sounds pretty good. I love brats and fried beer battered perch/walleye. I grew up in Sheboygan so we eat a lot of brats. For condiments, just ketchup, mustard and chopped raw onions for relish. Although lately I've been sauteing the onions. My parents just like the chopped raw.

I'd add German potato salad to the list.

Wisconsin has the best pastries/donuts in the U.S. You just can't get pastries like you can in Wisconsin from the family run German bakeries. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Cranberry Wine, Fried cheese curds, squeaky cheese curds, kraut, a selection on brews from the New Glarus Brewing Co.... a cheese plate with summer sausage

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about some roasted BEAR?? LOL Seriously though, brats and beer!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I got some brats left over from the game yesterday. Gonna be lunch.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm going to be working on the Super Bowl feature for my university's student newspaper, where me and the sports editor have decided that we will avoid talking about the game itself and instead talk about anything and everything else (including predictions based on irrelevant things such as Tecmo Super Bowl simulations and other seemingly random means of picking between two things)

I've got my Pittsburgh sandwich (going to make the Roethlis-Burger), so i'm looking for something equally creative/delicious from Wisconsin. I've NEVER had Brats (to my knowledge), and I've been intrigued by beer cheese soup, but if anyone else has any ideas, i would love to hear them! Not sure if i will be able to track down some Wisconsin cheese though sadly...

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Vince Lombardi used to eat apple slices and cheese (while drinking beer) when he was at home watching games on TV.

Members online

Latest posts