1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer FA's

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    See post below.

2. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just trying to clean up my post.

3. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Jenkins and Kampman might cost us some $. Grady would too, but when his demand gets too high I think we will let him go elsewhere.

4. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Then we have a hole in the middle that we couldn't fill until...

who came along???

oh yeah...

GRADY...that's who....

(just pay the man what's right and stop being such a tightass TT...)

5. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also think we need to pay Longwell some $. A good kicker is hard to find, even though it didn't seem like he performed all that well last year. Think of the potential alternatives. It really can only get worse. The only quality Kickers that are FAs are Vinateri and Vanderjackoff. We don't want Vandy and Vinny will resign with the Patriots.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Favre66, hes an injury prone malcontent. the man hired(and thankfully fired) drew rosenhaus, thats not good. When you hire a drew rosenhaus type agent, you are trying to get top dollar, usually more than you are worth. So apparently you want TT to overpay for a guy who might not even be there in week 3. Nice.

I like what grady brings to the dline, but its too risky. And after a healthy\effective season, his stock has risen, and his asking price has gone up...and i dont think its worth it.

We have a lot of talented young dlinemen, and we can always sign someone else. forget him.

7. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also find it interesting that Flanny, Ruegamer and Barry are UFA. Even though they will not fetch top $ it is still money we need to spend just to keep some sort of stability in our O-line (whether it be for back-ups or not), along with spending on a O-line FA.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    jesus, thats a lot of offensive FAs.

Id say ahman and fisher wont be back, maybe even najeh.

ill be very upset if we let kevin barry go. Our o-line was a mess, and sherman refused to use kevin in anything but the U-71 fatman formation, even though he probably could have played and been effective as a regular starter on the line. god sherman was retarded.

Willie H...if he doesnt retire, im sure we can get him back and not spend a lot of money. not many teams want an aging fullback, and will spend a lot on him. plus he likes GB, Gb likes him, and he seems to have a good relationship with TT\MM.

Cullen jenkins and Kampman....need to be re-signed at almost all costs. Kamp can be a leader on that defensive front, and cullen came into his own last year like I predicted. They are young,talented,driven, and coachable.

paris lenon...i like paris...he made some real good plays in a somewhat 'ok' season. But if he wants any type of big contract, show him the door. Id like to have him back(even as a backup\special teamer) though.

Grey reuegueugeugemyer needs to be re-signed. he is a decent linemen, and we need any good linemen we can get there.

longwell and kenny peterson can be shown the door. Ryan had a nice run., but if he doesnt have 100% perfect holding(and sometimes even if he does) he misses and complains. Kenny i like, but we have a lot of depth at Dline and could probably do without him. But if we could get him back cheap, get him.

i say let flanagan go. Hes old,injured, and doesnt appear to have it anymore. Good luck to him, but his time is done. Bring in scott wells to play center, he does good there.

antonio chatman is a good special teamer(doesnt break many, but isnt bobby wade) and an OK reiever, but hes kinda small for the reciever we like to have in GB. Favre likes big targets. So we should make sure to get gardner back, and let chatty go.

earl little can go

nall can go, but im sure he'll be back, i dont really care. even if favre retires, he wont see much action, even though he probably should. such is the life of a 3rd stringer.
    ----

thats my take on our FAs

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ruegamer would be smart to leave...when our line was struggling early (...and often), we spent too much time trying Scott Wells, or throwing Will Whitticker into the fire too early, or playing Mike Flanagan at sub 50%, this guy sat on the bench. Ruegamer is a valuable guy who is steady at all interior o-line positions and I cant say as I'd blame him for signing elsewhere

Kenny Peterson I'm 50/50 on, he's alright at DT in certain situations, but we could also get rid of him and use his roster spot by drafting a d-lineman first day, something I'd want to see us do

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well wells should have never been on the bench. 2 years ago when flanny got hurt, who came in and played center like a stud? yeah, scott wells. sherman totally forgot that last year until the season was over, cuz hes an idiot.

but yeah, thats what im saying, bring in grey and scott, get them in there.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Do you like the Packers?

12. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say he likes the Pack but loves Favre

13. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please,
    Just let them all get away, and every other player that ever had anything to do with a Packer team led by Mike Sherman.
    Then the TT worshipers will have to find someone else to blame for the Packers losing.
    I wouldn't be surprised if The Packers won't have much choice on which UFA's they want to keep, most are going to be looking for somewhere else to play.
    Next years team is going to be TT's team, and the veterans won't be part of it, the RFA's will not have a choice if TT wants to match any offer they receive.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    are people even aware opinions can change?

I am a TT supporter(shocker). Why? Because, in my opinion, he has done nothing but good things for this organization. He cut hunt,joey thomas, and then sherman himself who, in my opinion, ruined the last years of favres career with a bland offense and an even worse defense due to him being a bad coach and horrible GM.

TT is in "fix shermans mess" phase, and I think he has done a great job with cutting people, signing people, and a solid draft (nick collins, whitticker was a 7th round pick who STARTED for crying out loud). He has not shown me he is a bad GM and is not capable to do this job.

However...

Could he stink things up? Could he make some huge FA signings that are horrible like Sherman did? Yep. Could he draft horrible people and miss future pro bowlers and hall of famers? Yes.

But until he starts doing things like that, the man gets my full confidence. People are bashing this coaching staff that hasnt even had a chance to show you what they can do, and thats not fair. They will be criticized and bashed for 7 months before they can even show you what they are all about and the (hopefully) positive direction this team is going in.

One day I might hate TT. I supported sherman once too, and he lost that trust.

Hitler was Time magazines man of the year once, ya know. Opinions change.