Packer Fans

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This site has taken off and will really be exciting once camp starts. Then we'll really be busy. Now, while it is slow would be a good time to tell each other a little about our history as Packer Fans.

Born in Green Bay. Lived in Bear Country on 2 occassions. Now live in Fond du Lac,WI.

Became a fan in '59 because of my dad and grandpa talking about the Packers might finally have a team and an article in Sport magazine.

First game-1965 NFL Championship game vs the Clevland Browns and the great Jim Brown. I was on about the 5 yd line where you see the play with Hornung scoring the TD in the mud. First of 3 NFL Championships in a row.

Last game-Viking game in the new stadium. Great day as my good friend who moved to Alaska was with us. Too bad we lost.

Favorite game- '89(right year ?) when we finally beat the Bears, after so many losses in a row, with a replay to see if Majick steeped over the line of scrimage. The refs signaled TD and then there was a long 10-15 minute wait to hear the decision, when they said the TD was good it was nearly like beating the Bears twice.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great Idea PackerTraxx, lets just move it over to the Inroduction board.

<center>***MOVED TO INTRODUCTION AREA***</center>

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Born in the Madison 1980...grew up in a 'burb (Verona). Undergrad at UWSP, graduated in '04, now starting Grad school at UW-GB.

Started: Late 80s, but first memories were of Tim Harris, Chuck Cecil, and Mark Murphy

1st game: Infamous Falcons home playoff loss

Last game: Lions-Pack '03...packers beat up the lions!

Fav: Not there, but probably the "are you kidding me" Freeman catch vs. Vikes MNF

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
hi2u

Fav: Not there, but probably the "are you kidding me" Freeman catch vs. Vikes MNF
<-- That was AWESOME!! I couldn't fall asleep after that I was so pumped lol

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't fall asleep either...I had an exam the next day, roughly 9am, that I should have been studying for that night. After the way the game ended, I seriously thought the prof would have cancelled the exam considering the circumstances :D

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was afraid you might do that! :bow:

It is not really an intoduction anymore. I thought it would qualify under Packer Forum because of talking about becoming a Packer fan, first game and last game at Lambeau and favorite Packer game. Oh well... :kickcan:
:beersign:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts