1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer Fans

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PackerTraxx, Jun 21, 2005.

1. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This site has taken off and will really be exciting once camp starts. Then we'll really be busy. Now, while it is slow would be a good time to tell each other a little about our history as Packer Fans.

Born in Green Bay. Lived in Bear Country on 2 occassions. Now live in Fond du Lac,WI.

Became a fan in '59 because of my dad and grandpa talking about the Packers might finally have a team and an article in Sport magazine.

First game-1965 NFL Championship game vs the Clevland Browns and the great Jim Brown. I was on about the 5 yd line where you see the play with Hornung scoring the TD in the mud. First of 3 NFL Championships in a row.

Last game-Viking game in the new stadium. Great day as my good friend who moved to Alaska was with us. Too bad we lost.

Favorite game- '89(right year ?) when we finally beat the Bears, after so many losses in a row, with a replay to see if Majick steeped over the line of scrimage. The refs signaled TD and then there was a long 10-15 minute wait to hear the decision, when they said the TD was good it was nearly like beating the Bears twice.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Great Idea PackerTraxx, lets just move it over to the Inroduction board.

<center>***MOVED TO INTRODUCTION AREA***</center>

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Born in the Madison 1980...grew up in a 'burb (Verona). Undergrad at UWSP, graduated in '04, now starting Grad school at UW-GB.

Started: Late 80s, but first memories were of Tim Harris, Chuck Cecil, and Mark Murphy

1st game: Infamous Falcons home playoff loss

Last game: Lions-Pack '03...packers beat up the lions!

Fav: Not there, but probably the "are you kidding me" Freeman catch vs. Vikes MNF

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    hi2u

Fav: Not there, but probably the "are you kidding me" Freeman catch vs. Vikes MNF
    <-- That was AWESOME!! I couldn't fall asleep after that I was so pumped lol

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I couldn't fall asleep either...I had an exam the next day, roughly 9am, that I should have been studying for that night. After the way the game ended, I seriously thought the prof would have cancelled the exam considering the circumstances :D

6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was afraid you might do that! :bow:

It is not really an intoduction anymore. I thought it would qualify under Packer Forum because of talking about becoming a Packer fan, first game and last game at Lambeau and favorite Packer game. Oh well... :kickcan:
    :beersign:

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes Traxx, things are rather slow as of late. When the training camps start, things will quicken.