1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer fans need to be Niner fans this week

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by ErIstGute, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:12 PM.

1. ErIstGute

ErIstGute Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Key game coming up this weekend. If we are to have a chance at a bye week, we need to win out AND we need the Saints to lose to an NFC team to give us the tie-breaker. The best chance for that to happen is against the Niners this week. The only other way is for them to lose to the Panthers. Not great odds there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Actually there's another way for the Packers to move past the Saints with them losing to both the Colts and Titans.

3. ErIstGute

ErIstGute Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yes, but I didn't include that because I wanted it to remain in the realm of possibility. For that matter, they could lose any two of their final 4. Wouldn't have to be Colts and Titans.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    @Titans I've been hoping for a time could be a trap game for them. I still feel the Titans are an underachieving team (despite being 7-5) that could spoil some things. I agree on the Colts, that ain't happening or shouldn't...just like GB shouldn't lose to the Skins this week.

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Then again we lost to the 4-8 Chargers autrociously....I'm not gonna assume anything. That game is going to haunt us I feel in missing out on a bye.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    While it's not realistic I just wanted to point out that there's a way for the Packers to get a bye even if the Saints don't lose another conference game.

7. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Saints fans might be saying the same thing about losing to the Falcons. That is probably worse because it was a divisional game whereas the 'Bolts are in the AFC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

The Chargers are probably better than people give them credit for. All 8 of their losses were by 7 points or less. They've been in every game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Not many "if's" "and" "maybe's" here, let's wait and see how it pans out.

10. ErIstGute

ErIstGute Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think we'll be missing a bye. I fully expect us to win out and I do think the Niners will win this week. They're a good team and good teams rarely lose two games in a row.

11. ErIstGute

ErIstGute Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Oh okay, gotcha.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I expect the Packers to win at least three out of their remaining four games but the one in Minnesota will be a tough matchup.

The Saints are a pretty good team as well, especially at home.

13. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Bye Week? The Packers would need to win out. They would need a major turnaround from their play over the past four weeks. If not for a super play by AR on 4th and 10, the game against the 2 and 9 Giants is a nail biter. King has played so poorly that Petine has gone to zone coverage which means the defense won't be able to get off the field without helpful penalties. 10 to 15 yard completions are a piece of cake against the zone. Winning out with such poor defense and special teams is not very likely. To make winning out even kess likely is the poor play by the o line on early down runs. Time and time again its 3rd and long because an early down run gets stuffed or there's a penalty. At this point, making the playoffs is a more realist goal.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    The Packers are favoured to win three of their four remaining games. While it will be a tough game at Minnesota they definitely have a chance to win there.

15. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    I just want to see a solid performance against the Redskins. Ideally, we get out to enough of a lead that we can inject some players we haven’t seen with meaningful snaps by the second half. I’m more n more coming to the realization that we’ve got much work to do regardless of what field we play on to prepare for some really tough NFC teams.
    Let’s see some Sternberger, Grant, Tyler, etc..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM
  16. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    it'll end up a nail biter. just wait and see.

17. LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi Cheesehead

Assuming Dallas loses, Washington will be 2.5 games out of the division lead. What a bleeping joke. They may think they have hope this weekend against us.

18. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well apparently Dallas is accommodating.