Packer fans need to be Niner fans this week

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key game coming up this weekend. If we are to have a chance at a bye week, we need to win out AND we need the Saints to lose to an NFC team to give us the tie-breaker. The best chance for that to happen is against the Niners this week. The only other way is for them to lose to the Panthers. Not great odds there!

D

Deleted member 6794

Key game coming up this weekend. If we are to have a chance at a bye week, we need to win out AND we need the Saints to lose to an NFC team to give us the tie-breaker. The best chance for that to happen is against the Niners this week. The only other way is for them to lose to the Panthers. Not great odds there!

Actually there's another way for the Packers to move past the Saints with them losing to both the Colts and Titans.

OP
OP
BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually there's another way for the Packers to move past the Saints with them losing to both the Colts and Titans.

Yes, but I didn't include that because I wanted it to remain in the realm of possibility. For that matter, they could lose any two of their final 4. Wouldn't have to be Colts and Titans.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but I didn't include that because I wanted it to remain in the realm of possibility. For that matter, they could lose any two of their final 4. Wouldn't have to be Colts and Titans.

@Titans I've been hoping for a time could be a trap game for them. I still feel the Titans are an underachieving team (despite being 7-5) that could spoil some things. I agree on the Colts, that ain't happening or shouldn't...just like GB shouldn't lose to the Skins this week.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again we lost to the 4-8 Chargers autrociously....I'm not gonna assume anything. That game is going to haunt us I feel in missing out on a bye.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, but I didn't include that because I wanted it to remain in the realm of possibility.

For that matter, they could lose any two of their final 4. Wouldn't have to be Colts and Titans.

While it's not realistic I just wanted to point out that there's a way for the Packers to get a bye even if the Saints don't lose another conference game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then again we lost to the 4-8 Chargers autrociously....I'm not gonna assume anything. That game is going to haunt us I feel in missing out on a bye.

Saints fans might be saying the same thing about losing to the Falcons. That is probably worse because it was a divisional game whereas the 'Bolts are in the AFC.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Chargers are probably better than people give them credit for. All 8 of their losses were by 7 points or less. They've been in every game.

OP
OP
BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we'll be missing a bye. I fully expect us to win out and I do think the Niners will win this week. They're a good team and good teams rarely lose two games in a row.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think we'll be missing a bye. I fully expect us to win out and I do think the Niners will win this week. They're a good team and good teams rarely lose two games in a row.

I expect the Packers to win at least three out of their remaining four games but the one in Minnesota will be a tough matchup.

The Saints are a pretty good team as well, especially at home.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bye Week? The Packers would need to win out. They would need a major turnaround from their play over the past four weeks. If not for a super play by AR on 4th and 10, the game against the 2 and 9 Giants is a nail biter. King has played so poorly that Petine has gone to zone coverage which means the defense won't be able to get off the field without helpful penalties. 10 to 15 yard completions are a piece of cake against the zone. Winning out with such poor defense and special teams is not very likely. To make winning out even kess likely is the poor play by the o line on early down runs. Time and time again its 3rd and long because an early down run gets stuffed or there's a penalty. At this point, making the playoffs is a more realist goal.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bye Week? The Packers would need to win out. They would need a major turnaround from their play over the past four weeks. If not for a super play by AR on 4th and 10, the game against the 2 and 9 Giants is a nail biter. King has played so poorly that Petine has gone to zone coverage which means the defense won't be able to get off the field without helpful penalties. 10 to 15 yard completions are a piece of cake against the zone. Winning out with such poor defense and special teams is not very likely. To make winning out even kess likely is the poor play by the o line on early down runs. Time and time again its 3rd and long because an early down run gets stuffed or there's a penalty. At this point, making the playoffs is a more realist goal.

The Packers are favoured to win three of their four remaining games. While it will be a tough game at Minnesota they definitely have a chance to win there.

Reaction score
I just want to see a solid performance against the Redskins. Ideally, we get out to enough of a lead that we can inject some players we haven’t seen with meaningful snaps by the second half. I’m more n more coming to the realization that we’ve got much work to do regardless of what field we play on to prepare for some really tough NFC teams.
Let’s see some Sternberger, Grant, Tyler, etc..

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to see a solid performance against the Redskins. Ideally, we get out to enough of a lead that we can inject some players we haven’t seen with meaningful snaps by the second half. I’m more n more coming to the realization that we’ve got much work to do regardless of what field we play on to prepare for some really tough NFC teams.
Let’s see some Sternberger, Grant, Tyler, etc..
it'll end up a nail biter. just wait and see.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Dallas loses, Washington will be 2.5 games out of the division lead. What a bleeping joke. They may think they have hope this weekend against us.

Reaction score
Let's hope they turn the leaf vs Vikings and win it!
My best guess is they’ll make it a good game. This would be one of a couple upsets that could throw a kink in things.
I’m very curious to see where the Saints are at this juncture, strength wise. They typically play strong at home, the 49ers proved to us they aren’t just pretenders. They are a formidable opponent wherever they play.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'll definitely be rooting for the 49ers, I don't see winning out being likely. I don't think we're a 13-3 quality team. Trubisky is playing very well and the Bears game looks much tougher than it recently looked. Minnesota is obviously the biggest challenge, and I fully expect a competitive game in Detroit particularly if we have something to play for.

Yes, in a vacuum, every single one of these games is a winnable game, just playing the odds I would guess we drop one in there somewhere. I just don't see a Baltimore Ravens type jaggarnaut on our side that can be reasonably expected to dominate average to good teams. I would guess 3 out of our remaining 4 games are relatively competitive.

I think the most likely scenario is finishing 12-4, winning the division but playing on WC weekend. I'd put winning out and going 13-3 about on the same level of odds as dropping two and finishing 11-5.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be playing "better", but dallas played like crap for the most part. He had a nice run or 2, but he could have had 2 more picks pretty easily that game. Probably wouldn't have mattered since Dallas wasn't doing anything anyway, but better for him is still not a high level.

All of these teams are good enough that you can't just show up and take your W. If you don't show up and play good football, you're going to lose. Bears and Lions alike. But neither are teams a playoff team should lose to at this point either.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I'll definitely be rooting for the 49ers, I don't see winning out being likely. I don't think we're a 13-3 quality team. Trubisky is playing very well and the Bears game looks much tougher than it recently looked. Minnesota is obviously the biggest challenge, and I fully expect a competitive game in Detroit particularly if we have something to play for.

Yes, in a vacuum, every single one of these games is a winnable game, just playing the odds I would guess we drop one in there somewhere. I just don't see a Baltimore Ravens type jaggarnaut on our side that can be reasonably expected to dominate average to good teams. I would guess 3 out of our remaining 4 games are relatively competitive.

I think the most likely scenario is finishing 12-4, winning the division but playing on WC weekend. I'd put winning out and going 13-3 about on the same level of odds as dropping two and finishing 11-5.

Trubisky has looked better as of late because he has faced defenses that currently rank 20th, 26th and 28th in opponent passer rating over the last three weeks. I don't expect him to perform well against the Packers though

In addition I don't expect the team to lose to a Lions team quarterbacked by David Blough with playoff seeding on the line.

The game in Minnesota can go either way but if the Packers perform up to potential they should at least finish the season 12-4.

Reaction score
Yeah. If we put the Redskins away we should go 12-4. There’s likely a loss somewhere in there. But I’d be very pleased with that with a relatively new team.

I’d rather play anyone than the 49ers or Ravens right now, they match up really well against GB. This may sound strange but I like our odds a smidge better with Seattle or the Saints, Not so much on the road though.

Members online

Latest posts