Packer fans and Bucks fans

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So I am really curious about Packer fans and Buck fans. So I live in Arizona and I am a fan of all 3 major sports teams here as I was born and raised in AZ, Dbacks, Cardinals, and Suns. So usually when someone here is a fan of one team, they are a fan of all 3. How does that work out in Wisconsin? I've been hearing that a lot of Packer fans are not fans of the Bucks and visa versa, as they are in Milwaukee and not Green Bay. Is that true?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never really had an NBA team. I don't follow the NBA really at all anymore, but back in the day I loved the Bulls of course but followed a lot of players. Barkley, Clyde the Glide, etc. Just liked watching basketball. Then I didn't like watching it as much and I'm happy for the bucks and a small market team winning it all and proud they're from the state I call home, but that's about where it ends for me.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have lived in Utah my entire life. I love professional sports but obviously haven't had many Utah professional sports teams to follow. In the early 80's my NBA team was the 76er's and in the 90's, the Phoenix Suns. Why? Dr'J, Moses Malone, Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, Danny Ainge etc. I really couldn't care less about the NBA now. I have been a Cincinnati Reds fan since 1970. Small market that virtually has no chance to compete now. Series winners in 1976,1977 and 1990. I am used to long stretches of mediocracy. Love the Reds. I have followed the Packers since the mid 60's. I am not a fan because of local allegiance. I have always loved the Packers for the same reasons that a lot of people do. That's why it really breaks my heart to see #12 (and let's not forget good ol' #4) jerk my beloved team and city around. The only thing that could be worse in the #12 situation is if he went and played for Minnesota like you know who. There is and can never be forgiveness for that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say maybe the biggest discrepancy might be between the Brewers and Cubs. I see a lot more Packers fans who are Cubs fans than I do Packers fans who are fans of other basketball teams besides the Bucks. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that for the last 25 years the Packers have been a winning team but the Bucks and Brewers not so much. There are state fans of course who root for all Wisconsin teams but then there are people who prefer to cheer for winners. Not that the Cubbies have been consistent winners but for some reason I think that team bucks the trend (no pun intended)

A guy came in the store to day with a Bucks shirt and a Bears hat and a guy I used to work with was a huge Brewers fan but he liked the 49ers.

I'm happy for the bucks and a small market team winning it all and proud they're from the state I call home, but that's about where it ends for me.
That's the way I feel. I was rooting for the Bucks of course but for as little as I was interested I was glad to hear that neither team had a player that had been in the finals before. Even though I didn't find that out until a couple hours before game 6 I was happy to know that it wasn't some bought and paid for super team with half a dozen mercenaries competing for it all again.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have lived in Utah my entire life. I love professional sports but obviously haven't had many Utah professional sports teams to follow. In the early 80's my NBA team was the 76er's and in the 90's, the Phoenix Suns. Why? Dr'J, Moses Malone, Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, Danny Ainge etc. I really couldn't care less about the NBA now. I have been a Cincinnati Reds fan since 1970. Small market that virtually has no chance to compete now. Series winners in 1976,1977 and 1990. I am used to long stretches of mediocracy. Love the Reds. I have followed the Packers since the mid 60's. I am not a fan because of local allegiance. I have always loved the Packers for the same reasons that a lot of people do. That's why it really breaks my heart to see #12 (and let's not forget good ol' #4) jerk my beloved team and city around. The only thing that could be worse in the #12 situation is if he went and played for Minnesota like you know who. There is and can never be forgiveness for that.
At least the karma machine was functional in #4's playoff for those other guys.

Reaction score
Yeah. I grew up watching more Cubs games then Brewers. My Step-Grandma Dode always had the best snacks at her house and only lived 2 blocks away. We’d go to her house often when we were teens and it seemed like she ALWAYS had a Cubs game on (in the 1980’s). Other than that I never had time for NBA basketball past watching some playoffs when Michael was still playing.

Im not sure why, but both my Dad (and my Step-Dad later on) always had the Packer games on (mostly on radio while driving back n forth to/from hunting) It was just a given and all my Cousins were Packer fans and all the Bars in LaCrosse always had the Packers on. Drinking Special Export and yelling at Lynn ****ey came natural!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was a huge sports fan growing up in Madison. Given that most of the news was about the Packers, Badgers, Bucks and Brewers, I was a fan of them all. As my "fandom" has lessoned with baseball and basketball, I am an admitted fair weather fan of both the Bucks and the Brewers. Both have way too long of seasons for me to get too interested in, until it looks like they actually are good. Which recently, has been the case for both teams. Meanwhile, I will still watch Badger Football or Packer football, no matter what the score is. There again, helps that both programs have had a ton of success over the last 20+ years.

I do love Hockey and while I never followed a professional team, both the UW Men's and Women's Hockey programs are fun to follow. This will be my first year with season tickets to the Women's games, looking forward to it.

Members online

Latest posts