Packer fan fired...for wearing a tie????

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has already been stated, I think the crux of the conflict is how the boss asked for the employee to remove his tie. If it was simply because the boss was a Bears fan and didn't like the Packers, that would not be grounds for dismissal.

However, if the boss made the legitimate claim that the employee's clothing could turn away some customers and have an adverse impact on the business's sales, and the employee still refused to comply, he deserves to be canned.

Of course the boss will claim that he took the second route...but we'll never really know. Suing would just take up valuable time in our judicial system...you tried to stir the pot and it backfired - lesson learned.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fired salesman appeared on WGN News and said he was told to remove his tie but never told the dealership had a thing with the Bears as the reason why.

He said if his boss had informed him of that, he would have been glad to remove it.......since then he could work without having to wear a tie at all.

Either way.........:chisux:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like being a news reporter for CNN and you can't wear a button showing who your going to vote for.
It's office politics and ethics dictating what one can or can't wear. It's the way it is and it sucks.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could i'd go to the dealership wearing everything Packers while looking at cars. Would I be kicked out then?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could i'd go to the dealership wearing everything Packers while looking at cars. Would I be kicked out then?

As you going as an employee or a customer?

If going as a customer, no, you would not be kicked out.

As an employee, refer to the OP.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether the tie hurt business or not, I still think that this boss is a butt-hurt Bears fan :chisux:

Exactly why I have no desire to ever set foot in that corrupt wasteland of a city

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Petty. Regardless of significance of the tie, the salesman knew what he was doing (ive done this type of thing before), and in contrast, this was not a business decision, this was a manager/ owner exerting his only method of control on a situation that was there to make him feel better as a bitter bears fan.

Regardless, the salesman, unless completely dense, had to know he would catch heat for it, if for no other reason than to not be selling any cars that day to anyone in IL. He also was warned, and weather he thought it would lead him to termination or not, he chose not to take it off, as a stand of principal or anything else.

With all that being said, I would have done the same thing. Living in an area and being the only one where I work, drink, go to school, etc as a PACKERS fan, I sport my gear with PRIDE! Fair weather fans do the crap that owner/ manager did, and had the bears won, I am sure that they would have found a way to make his Monday hell anyways.

Enjoy your new job salesman, hopefully for a dealership north of the border.

a fair weather fan would have cared less about what team tie a coworker was wearing.
This goes back to what I said in the fan videos thread. People are a little loopy to be letting some sports entertainment they watch on tv affect their personal emotions and lives. The NFL is a franchised league, its not a bunch of little guerrilla armies in bright colors haha

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts