Packer Defensive Concerns

packrfanfw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anyone else concerned that Al keeps getting owned in big games? I get so frustrated at the big plays he gives up sometimes. I still think he's one hell of a DB, but he still continues to give up big plays.

I'm also still not sold on Kampman being a LB. He looks so awkward dropping into coverage. I wish Capers would find a way to get him into some packages where he could be a DE again.

I think Mathews is a bright spot in our defense. It's nice to see a rookie contributing so early.

freeportpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel our defense has not played well the entire season,most contenders don't give up 20 plus points even in a win.If our defense could have pressured bret last night we could have won that game,capers is suppossed to be some defensive genius but he did'nt blitz enough to throw brets rythm off and we could not get them off the field,and yes campman 37 sacks in 3 seasons and u drop him into coverage,look at what jared did to us think of what we could have done with kampman who is the same type of player.The O line needs a good kick in the ***.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Harris did give up some big plays, but most of the time it was a 2 man job. Harris underneath and a safety over top. But with both Collins and Bigby out, our safeties couldn't get there in time, and you could see Harris' obvious frustrations with that on the sidelines. After the big play over his head, he threw his hands up and started yelling at the safety.

After that play his mouth guard DIDN'T LEAVE HIS MOUTH even on the sidelines. He was playin mad and fristrated, much like the rest of our team that night. Bad way to play a football game, and it gets to ya.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I've been advocating making him our Nickel back since Plax owned him in the conference championship two years ago. I'd rather see Tramon starting.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Woodson and Harris were shown just chatting together on the sidelines. You could tell what they were saying. WTF is up with these safeties who just are out of position all the damn time making Favre look Pro-Bowl again. Granted, they're backups with limited time on the team. Jolly and Jenkins might be good against the rush, but man, they can't pass rush for ****. And our #1 pass rusher is stumbling and bumbling in the Secondary.

Need to put Raji at NT to blow up the middle, jolly and jenkins at DE, and Kampman as a situational DE/OLB where he can drop into a pass rush DE stance on obvious passing downs and LB on Running plays. Kampman in coverage is a joke and waste of talent. Nice idea there MM/DC.

Raji has been too quiet. Yeah, he was hurt, but now is the time we need him and get his *** out there. Make him earn that money.

freeportpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kampman blowing up the o line and killing the qb is where he needs to be,thats his game and capers has taken it away and is killing any type of pressure pass rush we have,if i were kampman i would ask to be traded to a team where my talents were used,as far as i know any good coach uses their players where they perform best.37 sacks in 3 yrs and you're dropping him into coverage cmon capers.Where can i post so capers and mcarthy can see these.

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Agree

:viksux:

This Defense Does Not Look As Good As It Did In The Pre Season. They Are A Bit Banged Up But Thats No Excuse. Capers Is Not Being Aggresive As He Was In The Pre Season And It Shows. I Hope They Get It Together Or It Will Be A Long Season Like Last Year.

Members online

Latest posts