1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer D "Pressure Packages"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CaliforniaCheez, Nov 27, 2006.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been hearing a bit about the Packers working on "pressure packages" to get to the QB and help the sorry secondary by making their part of the game irrelevent.

Could it be that because Hodge is still learning the pass defense aspects of the NFL game that the Packers will take advantage of his talents by blitzing him when he is in on pass plays?

Will there be more CB blitzing by Harris to the QB blind side?

Anything is better than watching Manuel stand still until the ball is thrown to the guy behind him.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Listening to ESPN I just heard the Packers will be doing applying a lot of pressure on Hasslebeck in hopes he is out of rythm and throws some picks.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm liking the sounds of this!! put hasselbeck on his *** a few times & he'll be whining for sure!! :D

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    this means Al will no doubtedly jump routes, which lately...is a bad thing.

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :gulp: good god, al - hang onto your britches & stay with your frickin routes!!!

6. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    He's obviously going to be limited and most likely a little tentative so we should be going after him and hopefully make him wish he waited a week to come back!

Seattle's "0" line hasn't been too great in this department anyhow. Hopefully Kampman breaks out of his little sack slump and KGB usually shows up on Monday Night although he is going up against one of the best.

I've said this before but I prefer the pressure packages because it usually means Harris and Woodson are in man coverage which beats that "what were we in again" zone crap.

The only problem is it sometimes isolates both Poppinga with a TE and Manuel with a third WR. If he does get time when we pressure this is where he will hurt us.

Look for them to test the middle again this week. They would be nuts not to go there. The boys have to step it up back in there and show Hasslebeck they can handle it otherwise he will wear them out.

The coaches said they had some of the best practices they have seen all year. That bodes well for us tonight. Last week they were not pleased with how the practices went and we saw how that turned out.

C'mon Brett! Get hot man. He plays well and we have a great shot tonight.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Funny you mention Al. Al told a reporter that he feels like this game is a game the team can get a few INTs and he said this might be his thanksgiving where he gets to feast on INTs.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    we all know he CAN jump those routes. Ask the seahawks QB, but lately hes been playing 'high risk, no reward' and it...sucks! Cmon pass D!

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I think he's taking the risk assuming Manuel/Collins are helping out.

10. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking of Hasselback...I wonder if he is "going to get the ball and "score" "