Packer D "Pressure Packages"

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been hearing a bit about the Packers working on "pressure packages" to get to the QB and help the sorry secondary by making their part of the game irrelevent.

Could it be that because Hodge is still learning the pass defense aspects of the NFL game that the Packers will take advantage of his talents by blitzing him when he is in on pass plays?

Will there be more CB blitzing by Harris to the QB blind side?

Anything is better than watching Manuel stand still until the ball is thrown to the guy behind him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Listening to ESPN I just heard the Packers will be doing applying a lot of pressure on Hasslebeck in hopes he is out of rythm and throws some picks.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listening to ESPN I just heard the Packers will be doing applying a lot of pressure on Hasslebeck in hopes he is out of rythm and throws some picks.

He's obviously going to be limited and most likely a little tentative so we should be going after him and hopefully make him wish he waited a week to come back!

Seattle's "0" line hasn't been too great in this department anyhow. Hopefully Kampman breaks out of his little sack slump and KGB usually shows up on Monday Night although he is going up against one of the best.

I've said this before but I prefer the pressure packages because it usually means Harris and Woodson are in man coverage which beats that "what were we in again" zone crap.

The only problem is it sometimes isolates both Poppinga with a TE and Manuel with a third WR. If he does get time when we pressure this is where he will hurt us.

Look for them to test the middle again this week. They would be nuts not to go there. The boys have to step it up back in there and show Hasslebeck they can handle it otherwise he will wear them out.

The coaches said they had some of the best practices they have seen all year. That bodes well for us tonight. Last week they were not pleased with how the practices went and we saw how that turned out.

C'mon Brett! Get hot man. He plays well and we have a great shot tonight.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
this means Al will no doubtedly jump routes, which lately...is a bad thing.

Funny you mention Al. Al told a reporter that he feels like this game is a game the team can get a few INTs and he said this might be his thanksgiving where he gets to feast on INTs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all know he CAN jump those routes. Ask the seahawks QB, but lately hes been playing 'high risk, no reward' and it...sucks! Cmon pass D!

Members online

Latest posts