Packer books for summer reading.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of us get a chance to take a vacation. Part of every fine vacation for me is taking the time to really indulge in a good book. I would like to start a thread so we can share what we think are "must reads" for all Packer fans. Perhaps if we all start with our top 5 favorite Packer books, we can get this thing rolling...and ...here...we...go

#5. Paul Hornung's "Lombardi & Me"
#4 Jerry Kramer's "Instant Replay"
#3 Ray Nitschke's "Mean on Sunday"
#2 Vince Lombardi's "Run to Daylight!"
#1 David Maraniss's " When Pride Still Mattered"

Any surprise that these are "old school" books?

Have you read these, and what do you care to add?

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember one book named "50 Greatest Games at Lambeau Field" or something similar to that, that lists 50 of the most important games in Packers history that took place at Lambeau Field. I got that game for my 17th birthday and it was an enjoyable read that taught me a lot about Packers history. It's a bit outdated though (The book was made in 2007), but still a good book.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The life and times of Johnny Blood or Packers by the Numbers, both are good books. Only warning is Packers by the Numbers was written in the Favre years.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Lombardi and Me, Run to Daylight, and Instant Replay are each a good read, and I would recommend them in that order. I have not read When Pride Still Mattered, but I have listened to the audio book version and it was good (I think it may be a better read than it was audio, so it may rank up there as well).

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of us get a chance to take a vacation. Part of every fine vacation for me is taking the time to really indulge in a good book. I would like to start a thread so we can share what we think are "must reads" for all Packer fans. Perhaps if we all start with our top 5 favorite Packer books, we can get this thing rolling...and ...here...we...go

#5. Paul Hornung's "Lombardi & Me"
#4 Jerry Kramer's "Instant Replay"
#3 Ray Nitschke's "Mean on Sunday"
#2 Vince Lombardi's "Run to Daylight!"
#1 David Maraniss's " When Pride Still Mattered"

Any surprise that these are "old school" books?

Have you read these, and what do you care to add?

I have read all but no. #2.

Another one "Legends Of Lambeau" is an excellent book.

Others...

When Leadership Mattered - Bart Starr
Golden Boy - Paul Hornung

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi !

It is not that easy to get Packer books here in Germany but I am looking for a book about Packer history, players, historic pictures....
Any recommendations for me ? I really appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Greetings

Marco

Members online

Latest posts