Packer- Bear week!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Da Bears gets a week of rest and preparation and the Pack gets only one extra day of rest and preparation.
Will be interesting to see which one pays off.
I'm counting on it being for the Packers.

Prep or no prep, stopping a two headed monster is not fun. You manage to stack the box to stop the run and Arod will audible and burn that Bear *** with a laser like passing attack. Ok....Then you want to stop the pass..... Lacy will eat up the holes.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought we should market Bear meat packed in cans........... Without Culter I thing we got this one....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prep or no prep, stopping a two headed monster is not fun. You manage to stack the box to stop the run and Arod will audible and burn that Bear *** with a laser like passing attack. Ok....Then you want to stop the pass..... Lacy will eat up the holes.
Agreed.
I think the Packers are the better team and don't need an extra week to be ready.
We are a triple threat.
Two good runners and a great QB.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Wonder what Marshall will have to say after this one.

Also, Bears suck.

I don't think Marshall will have much to say. How can he? We have been very good at limiting him and basically shuting him down since he joined the bears. He is an inflated WR, there are way to many guys I would rather have catching passes over B. Marshall.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I always try to listen to "Bears radio" 670 The Score during the week before Packers/Bears games. They had Matt Bowen on (he's on weekly) and they went over a few plays of the Packers/Vikings game. Bowen said something almost all of us agree with - that Rodgers is the best player in the league. No big deal but I can't help but think of how most Bears fans feel upon hearing that. On one of the plays, Bowen made the point that the Packers protection was so good Lacy couldn't find anyone to block.

Marshall has said Cutler will be back earlier than expected and they're talking a lot on the Score about the possibility of him being ready Monday night. (No mention of his record vs. the Packers of course.) Also, Peanut Tillman didn't practice yesterday because of "knee soreness". I expect him to play but he's been victimized by the Packers many times before. Perhaps his biggest threat is his ability to punch the ball out, forcing fumbles.

To close their discussion on the Packers/Vikings game they noted the Packers converted 72% of 3rd downs. One of the hosts had to look up where the Bears' D stands on stopping 3rd down conversions: 28th in the league!

Now Larrivee is being interviewed and the first question was: 'How have the Packers been able to overcome so many injuries and maintain their level of excellence?' As I've posted before, schadenfreude is not an admirable trait but we just have to make an exception regarding the Bears and Bears fans.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I hate Monday night games especially this time of year. My tired old *** has to get up and go deer hunting Tuesday morning at 5 am. Grrrrr!:cry:

Couldn`t you just go to the store instead ? They usually don`t open until 9.00. You can have a sleep in then :D

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought we should market Bear meat packed in cans........... Without Culter I thing we got this one....

The loss of Briggs is a lot bigger deal than the loss of Cutler IMO. They were neck and neck with the skins until he went out and it was all over. They're missing their big guys on the dline and now they're going to replace an all-pro with two rookies at LB. Also, their safetys are horrible. Even with Cutler they wouldn't be able to keep up.

jjmcjj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss of Briggs is a lot bigger deal than the loss of Cutler IMO. They were neck and neck with the skins until he went out and it was all over. They're missing their big guys on the dline and now they're going to replace an all-pro with two rookies at LB. Also, their safetys are horrible. Even with Cutler they wouldn't be able to keep up.

Agree with all that, though that Bear cover 2 seems to give Rodgers fits sometimes, division game and all, should be a dogfight. Having a running game now might just negate all that...

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Packer dope sheet, the rivalry stands with the Bears leading 92-88-6. Seems like just yesterday when we were behind by double digits. Thanks to almost 2 decades of winning, we are finally catching up in the oldest rivalry in football! :)

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be thee first of three games for me this yr!!!! Bears on MNF!!! Cant wait !(Bart Scott voice)

anyone else in the forum going PM me if u wanna come hang out and have a drink before the game... we usually tailgate over by Kmart gb 54 chi 20....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be thee first of three games for me this yr!!!! Bears on MNF!!! Cant wait !(Bart Scott voice)

anyone else in the forum going PM me if u wanna come hang out and have a drink before the game... we usually tailgate over by Kmart gb 54 chi 20....
I'm hearing ticket prices are not that high at all... hope that means more fresh Packer fans.... not some of the same older ones who don't make enough noise. Don't want more Bears fans.

I think the night games tend to thin out the older folks who've gotten spoiled with tickets for many decades, and they often give them to younger family members who can stay up later... and still see at night driving home :eek:)

GO PACKERS
52-0 is the score I'd like to see, just 8 Rodgers touchdowns to erase Manning's week 1 record.
3 in the first quarter, 2 in the second quarter, and 3 more in the 3rd.

Reaction score
PACKERS 34 BORES 16.........2 td runs (Lacy, Rodgers)........2 td catches (Nelson, Boykin)

Since it's approaching "Halloween," here's a "blast from the past" NIGHTMARE we provided for them :devilish: Game wasn't played on Halloween, but it was another one of the many ways they find to lose :roflmao:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't think Marshall will have much to say. How can he? We have been very good at limiting him and basically shuting him down since he joined the bears. He is an inflated WR, there are way to many guys I would rather have catching passes over B. Marshall.
He pissed and moaned after the last few games, and has consistently talked smack. His comments always give me a good laugh.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since it's approaching "Halloween," here's a "blast from the past" NIGHTMARE we provided for them :devilish: Game wasn't played on Halloween, but it was another one of the many ways they find to lose :roflmao:
I remember watching that game on a small color portable TV whose screen isn't that much bigger than the size of the video on YouTube or what you posted.

I have been looking for that footage for years. I really appreciate you finding it and reposting it here.
Chester Marcol is so lucky that he got to live that glory moment and against Da Bears.
And it's quite a mob as if they had won a playoff game or even the Super Bowl.
They may as well have their day for the Packers and fans of that era.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

PACKERS 34 BORES 16.........2 td runs (Lacy, Rodgers)........2 td catches (Nelson, Boykin)

Hahaha......he was actually wearing glasses/spectacles under his helmet......that made me laugh out loud it was so funny. Just ordinary spectacles

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A few takes from that clip:

• @ :35, video evidence the Packers employed ******** clad cheerleaders at one time
  • Never knew Marcol had that kind of speed. He was flying around that corner
  • If Marcol jumps slightly when he hits the wall he would be credited with the first Lambeau Leap instead of Butler

Members online

Latest posts