Packer- Bear week!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I am finally glad to be playing a team just as wounded as we are. We are finding ways to win even if we are beat up. I think that the bears having no cuntler, no lance briggs, no tillman and several other will have more of a negative effect on them than the players we are missing. We have proved that we can make due and I doubt that the bears will be the same without their key personel. We play them in our house, Monday night football, strong homefield record, weather report (so far) looks cold and clear skies. Should be a good game, but I see us pulling off yet another big win over a divisional foe. Rodgers seems to always find a way to pick the bears apart and the bears always seem to find a way to self destruct against us. Not as big of a win, but a win I am betting. 31 - 16 pack wins !!!

Last edited:

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is it, the week we've all been waiting for. It's been marked on my calendar in red since the schedule came out. (This is the week where I become an insufferable pain in the *** to all Bears fans in the office. That reminds me, I need to find that GIF of Cutler getting clotheslined by the ref...)

It's the one hundred eighty-seventh meeting in the two most storied and celebrated franchises in professional football. Blood, guts, and glory - this is Bear Week!

GO PACK GO!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Yeah we have a couple bears fans at my work as well. I can't wait to hear the lame excuses pour out of their mouths about how they were missing key players...blah ...blah...blah....same **** different day.....Until I rattle off the list that we are missing and then ask them for a better excuse.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It is too bad Cutler will be on the sidelines, he’s 1-7 against the Packers. They’ll certainly miss Briggs though and also DT Melton, who is on IR. Their run D has weakened just as the Packers run O is coming on. But Peanut Tillman may play, gimpy knee and all. I like the match up of Nelson with a healthy Peanut, so this should be fun!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't like the Bears. I don't like ESPN's Monday Night Football neither. Frickin' Goodell. ;)

Reaction score
It's actually too bad Cutler won't be playing. He's always good for a couple interceptions when he plays the Packers.

I loathe the Bears as well and have three reasons why I would love to see Cutloss play on Monday night:

1) The aforementioned interceptions including a pick six or two in addition to the sacks.
2) I will miss the priceless facial expressions. My favorite being the James Dean "I'm so depressed" one.
3) a. He is a Vandy alum as is Skip Bayless.
3) b. And most important: Jaylimp is from Santa Claus, Indiana.......as is my ex-wife.:notworthy:

Yeah, I'm gonna enjoy this one:roflmao:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is too bad Cutler will be on the sidelines, he’s 1-7 against the Packers. They’ll certainly miss Briggs though and also DT Melton, who is on IR. Their run D has weakened just as the Packers run O is coming on. But Peanut Tillman may play, gimpy knee and all. I like the match up of Nelson with a healthy Peanut, so this should be fun!

I think the losses of Melton and Briggs are going to be the difference maker in this game. The Bears are starting street free agents at defensive tackle and two rookie linebackers. The loss of Melton moved Cory Wotten inside, neutralizing his pass rush. The Bears need to blitz to get pressure and Rodgers eats that up. Briggs is the main run support guy. Lacy should be able to find holes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It's a huge game to close out the first half of the season.

A Packers win, and we'll see this:
1- Packers 6-2
2- Lions 5-3
3- Bears 4-4

A Bears upset win, and we'll have this:
1a- Bears 5-3
1b- Packers 5-3
1c- Lions 5-3

Remember, last year at Lambeau, we were bogged down, with our studs, and barely won... thanks to the fake punt:

INJURIES
While we are missing our:
2009 1st rd pick Matthews
2010 1st rd pick Bulaga
2011 1st rd pick Sherrod
2012 1st rd pick Perry
... and oh by the way, #1 WR Randall Cobb, WR James Jones (who I don't think will be back yet), and TE Jermichael Finley (who had a hat trick of TDs against the Bears one game), we still have our QB in Rodgers.

The Bears obviously are missing theirs in Cutler. That might be good for them though as Jay has been very, very generous with the football and our DBs. I remember Woodson ripping on him last year saying "Same old Jay"... you know he's gonna give you a chance at some picks."

We've been missing that tremendously this season, and a dose of Cutler might have helped us get over that.

The Bears are also decimated on their DL (except Peppers is still there), and they will be missing Lance Briggs as well as Hank Melton.
I can see (hopefully) the Packers pounding out about 200 on the ground with Lacy, Starks, & Franklin.

Conversely, the Packers have almost always done a great job smothering Matt Forte, and as good as this year's run D has been, I can't see him doing much this week.

Packers opened up a 7.5 point favorite but I was told that might push quickly to 9 or 10... now someone in here said we opened up at 10.... I heard different last night, but never saw a true official sports book line yet......

Unless the refs call 18 or 19 penalties against us like they did in 2010 when they gave the Bears their last win against us, In the end, it's gotta be:

Reaction score
INJURIES
2010 1st rd pick Bulaga
2011 1st rd pick Sherrod
2012 1st rd pick Perry
... and oh by the way, #1 WR Randall Cobb, WR James Jones (who I don't think will be back yet), and TE Jermichael Finley (who had a hat trick of TDs against the Bears one game), we still have our QB in Rodgers.
4 first round picks. Wow when you present it like that, it puts things into perspective.
The Bears obviously are missing theirs in Cutler. That might be good for them though as Jay has been very, very generous with the football and our DBs. I remember Woodson ripping on him last year saying "Same old Jay"... you know he's gonna give you a chance at some picks."
One of my favorite quotes from a Packer post-game. Ah, the memories.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Monday night games especially this time of year. My tired old *** has to get up and go deer hunting Tuesday morning at 5 am. Grrrrr!:cry:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
INJURIES
2010 1st rd pick Bulaga
2011 1st rd pick Sherrod
2012 1st rd pick Perry
All the more reason for TT to keep trading down out of the first round. He's all about value picks and the first rounders under his watch are snake-bitten to a degree. The first three have been injury-free studs (knocking on my wooden head) in Rodgers, Hawk, and Raji but starting with Clay and moving on....yeah. I'm still a big fan of TT's 2008 move where he traded out of the 1st to get Jordy Nelson. The additional value eventually turned into Jeremy Thompson who showed promise until hurting his neck, but the point was still getting top talent while also getting the opportunity to get additional value.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Da Bears gets a week of rest and preparation and the Pack gets only one extra day of rest and preparation.
Will be interesting to see which one pays off.
I'm counting on it being for the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts