Packer 2007/08 Pro bowl Candidates?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I have not watched the (Whole) Pro Bowl in the last 10 years at least. I am always pumped when a player from my team is honored with a selection.

I think the Packers have three solid contenders this year to take the Pro Bowl Starter Honor.

1. Aaron Kampman

2. A.J. Hawk

3. Jon Ryan (This might be a surprise to some of you. But he is going to have a monster year from a punters standpoint.)

Opine away......

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Donald Driver - This guy just continues to produce for us. I think he's the best Packer receiver since Sterling Sharpe.

2. A.J. Hawk - I think he'll be our best defensive player this year. This could be the year he has a huge impact on our defense. I have no doubt in my mind that when #4 hangs them up, Hawk will be the face of the franchise.

3. Aaron Kampman - I don't think he'll dominate like he did last year. I think he'll actually start a little slow because teams will focus on him but I do believe he'll have a 10+ sack year and I think he'll get it in as either a backup or alternate.

4. Charles Woodson/Al Harris - I think only one will make it. Both deserve it. Woodson would be my guess because he'll probably get more INT's. Both are great Corners and it'd be a shame to see both left out.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Donald Driver - This guy just continues to produce for us. I think he's the best Packer receiver since Sterling Sharpe.

2. A.J. Hawk - I think he'll be our best defensive player this year. This could be the year he has a huge impact on our defense. I have no doubt in my mind that when #4 hangs them up, Hawk will be the face of the franchise.

3. Aaron Kampman - I don't think he'll dominate like he did last year. I think he'll actually start a little slow because teams will focus on him but I do believe he'll have a 10+ sack year and I think he'll get it in as either a backup or alternate.

4. Charles Woodson/Al Harris - I think only one will make it. Both deserve it. Woodson would be my guess because he'll probably get more INT's. Both are great Corners and it'd be a shame to see both left out.

:agree:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

These are the four I would have said. I even would say Harris OR Woodson.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Driver?????????????????????

I knew that I was going to get some grief on leaving him out, but I do not see him as a starter. He may get robbed when the selections come. He will make the Pro Bowl but not as a starter.... He will be a reserve.

My reasoning is this.... Matt Leinart is going to have a hell of a year as a second year player and the WR that is going to reap the benefits of that is going to be Anquan Boldin. Driver was a starter last year but this year I see it as Steve Smith and Boldin.

Remember... This is post is about starters in the Pro Bowl.

There is football beyond Packer Football. It is called the N.F.L. (As a whole.)

R.P.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
What about Driver?????????????????????

I knew that I was going to get some grief on leaving him out, but I do not see him as a starter. He may get robbed when the selections come. He will make the Pro Bowl but not as a starter.... He will be a reserve.

My reasoning is this.... Matt Leinart is going to have a hell of a year as a second year player and the WR that is going to reap the benefits of that is going to be Anquan Boldin. Driver was a starter last year but this year I see it as Steve Smith and Boldin.

Remember... This is post is about starters in the Pro Bowl.

There is football beyond Packer Football. It is called the N.F.L. (As a whole.)

R.P.

Whoops. I guess I should have read your original post more clearly. We may have 0 starters, seeing how we tend to get robbed in the Pro Bowl. All four who make it will probably be reserves.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possible Starters: Hawk, Kampman
Possible Reserves: Woodson, Harris, Barnett, Tauscher, Driver, Favre.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well I think this is the year for Tauscher to break in at starter in the pro-bowl.

Other canidates..

The normal Kampman, Woodson, Harris and Driver.

Maybe as an alternate in Barnett, but the public opinion of #54 in Chi Town is tough to beat out.

After that it would really have to be a suprise.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a chance because it's the NFC. I mean they were talking about Romo last season, that's how thin NFC is on QB's.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Chuckwood
-Kampman
-Driver
Could a lot of teams focus on Driver since he was a pro bowler last year, which would allow Jennings to blow the doors off the competition. (You never know?)

Members online

Latest posts