Packer 1 hit wonders

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other possible answers to the original question:
Terdell Middleton. Only the fourth player in Packer history to rush for over 1000 yards in a season (1978). Subsequent injuries rendered him inconsistent after that one, lone Pro Bowl season.
Ted Hendricks. Hall Of Famer spent one very good season with the Packers (1974). Five interceptions, seven blocked kicks, All-Pro honors.
It might seem a little uncharitable, but an argument could be made for Don Majkowski, whose 1989 season really stands apart from the rest of his career.

Ted Hendricks I wouldn't count bc he had great seasons elsewhere.

Majik is a one hit wonder. Injuries killed his career.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Hendricks I wouldn't count bc he had great seasons elsewhere.

Majik is a one hit wonder. Injuries killed his career.
I wasn't sure if you meant One Hit Wonder just for a Packers season of service, or if that would also be the pinnacle of their entire career, so that's why I mentioned Hendricks.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck Mercein was signed mid season from the Giants. Played a key role for the Packers in the drive to the Superbowl including the Ice Bowl. After that, he appeared in the Superbowl and then dissappeared...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Beebe. He was a great contributor to the 1996 championship season. His only other season with GB was the following year in '97 when he had a whopping two catches for 28 yards.

In the same year (along with Desmond as already mentioned) you have another one year wonder in Keith Jackson. They brought him in during the 1995 season but he only had 13 catches but exploded for 40 and 500 yards opposite Chewy in the '96 season. Pretty good.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
De Mond Parker out of Oklahoma.

I remember in his rookie year in 1999 he played for an injured Levens and rushed for over 100 yards and a couple TDs against the Bears in a December game. In early 2000 he was busted for weed and was done in the NFL.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKenzie was a good CB for several years, much like a Javon Walker or Jackie Harris. All should have stayed Packers longer but wanted out.

Samkon Gado is so far the feel-good one hit wonder of the group, in my opinion

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKenzie was a good CB for several years, much like a Javon Walker or Jackie Harris. All should have stayed Packers longer but wanted out.

Samkon Gado is so far the feel-good one hit wonder of the group, in my opinion

I agreee with you and the few others that said Samkon Gado, I never ereally thought he would continue to contribute for years after his breakout, but I never thought I'd never hear of him again

Members online

Latest posts