1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

pack_in_black

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 1, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: pack_in_black
    Real name (first only): Jake
    Current City: Colorado Springs, CO
    Hometown: Anchorage, AK

1) How did you choose your screen name?

-When I signed up, I was on a big AC/DC kick, and wanted a name involving the Pack, so it just fit.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

-Born in Alaska, moved to New Mexico when I was seven. After a year there, we move to MN to be around family, then I moved to CO in 98. No, we weren't military or anything, I just had restless parents. :D

-I have two older sister and one younger brother.

-My mom was adopted, but my dad is half German and half Irish Catholic. Needless to say, I have a natural attraction to anything with a high alcohol content Razz

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

-Football (CB, RB), basketball (PG), and baseball (CF) until 9th grade, then I started skateboarding & snowboarding.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

-The friends I made then. They were my family when my parents went through a lengthy seperation & divorce, and to this day I consider them brothers.

5) What was your first job?

-Einstein Bagels dishwasher. It lasted all of 2 1/2 days. lol.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

-Two words. Brett Favre. In the early 90's, I was a kid living in MN and hated the Vikes cause my dad did, too. I saw a McDonald's Gamebreak and Brett had just led his team to a snow-filled 4th quarter comeback @ Lambeau. I was hooked.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

-Brett's Monday Night Game @ Oakland. Also Al's Pick-6 against Matt "We want the ball, and we're gonna score!" Hasselback in OT.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

-I googled it. Actually, come to think, I Yahoo-ed it. The constant updates and communication with fellow Packerfans keeps me coming back. Not to mention all the inside jokes, off-the-cuff humor, and the personalities of all the posters on here.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

-Boston Red Sox. That's about all. I turn on some NBA or March Madness here and there, but I only have so much sports-dedicated time, and the Packers and Sox take up most of it.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

-Probably hanging out with my wife, going to a movie or something like that....

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

-Draft day one. Just to see what's on that TT's mind. He's a freaking enigma..

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

-Unfortunately none. One day, though. I hope to catch a game in the '09 season.

13) What is your worst fear?

-Death. I'm not afraid of much, and I can do dangerous activities (mountain climbing, snowboarding, etc.) without really freaking out. So I'm not afraid of actually dying when I'm out doing stuff. But the question of dying scares the bejeezus outta me. Anytime I start to think about what actually happens when I die, the fact that regardless of my faith, (which I actually have alot of, just don't share it much on the internet, y'know?) there's no actual definitive place you go or thing that happens when you die. I could go on for a bit about it, but you get the picture.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

-I read alot. Mostly fiction, and I've started working on writing my own novel. I also like doing stuff in the mountains, like climbing, mountaineering, (I'm totally amateur in that, lol) and camping. Really anything that involves me and my buddies and/or my wife getting away from day-to-day doldrums and having some laughs.

15) What’s your favorite food?

-Pepperoni pizza. Papa John's is where it's at.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

-I've driven all across the Midwest and spent time in most of the major cities there. I've enjoyed Phoenix, Boston, and Orlando, where I went to Disneyworld this last January and acted like a kid for a whole day. One of the best days of my life.

-Outside the U.S., I've been to China for 3 weeks, Mexico's Riviera Maya for a week on my honey moon, and England for 2 weeks, with a side trip to Paris for 3 days. England was the best of all of them. Or maybe Mexico. It's hard to beat laying on a white sand beach for a week and doing close to nothing...

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

-See the world. I've seen some of it, but I'm kind of a history buff, so all of those places in Europe and the Middle East that you read about, like the Pyramids, Mecca, Jerusalem, Rome, I just want to see it, stand where people stood thousands of years ago, that sort of thing

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

-Let's see. Boston is cool. But probably somewhere with a tropical beach, and not too many people.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

A.) Brett Favre. To quote about a million pf.com posters, 'nuff said.
    B.) Al Harris. The man just inspires me. He's not flashy, but he plays a speed position with an amazing level of strength.
    C.) Desmond Howard. Being a kid when they last won the SB, he was a hero that season, and that was one of the most memorable seasons from when I grew up.
    D.) Gregarious. Almost entirely due to this forum's tireless support of the Chocolate Chuck Norris.
    E.) Reggie White. He was the closest I've ever come to any Packer player, I got to watch him do a radio interview here in the Springs about a year before he died. Great man.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

-Geez, any "hot chick" thread. But seriously, Game Day Chats, aka "The Tromadz Lounge" every gameday have made it way more enjoyable to watch games with fellow fans since I'm stranded in Broncoland.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

-Hmmm. Trom 4 Mod?

j/k. Thanks all for reading. This is a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it!

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?

I'll keep it out of the Central Time Zone for a bit and go with Packnic.

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice read.
    I'd have to say though, you guys are all young uns. 23? Dang. And AADP is even younger.

Cool that you mention the Hasselback moment. I almost forgot about that until you mentioned it again.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Another quality read!
    I just REALLY enjoy learning a little more about the folks here.
    You spent your first seven years in ALASKA???
    Man....i wonder what that was like!

4. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Where have you gone backpacking?

I've made it out to Wyoming (Bighorn Mnts.) twice, and got to stay around the Sand Dunes area in '06 for a several days. Colorado is such a beautiful and awesome state, I definitely would like to live there sometime in my life.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm.... wet, cold, rainy, snowy, wilderness-y?

I was a kid, and having been born there knew only that, so I loved it. We often had moose (no, AADP, moose not mice) wandering through our backyard, earthquakes in the middle of the night, and daylight til 11 pm or so during the summer. Oh, and my parents would come back from fishing trips w/salmon that weighed 60+ lbs!!

But to answer your question, it was awesome!!

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I've gone sandboarding in the Dunes, (a heavily waxed beater snowboard on raw sand).

I'm mostly a daytripper, where me and a buddy or two hike/climb aforteener (that's slang for mountains whose summits are above 14,000 ft above sea level) in about a day.

I've been camping in alot of the areas within a few hours drive from the Springs, so I haven't actually seen alot of the more Westerly or Northerly part of the state.

It's a great place to live, gopack. I'd totally recommend it if you get the chance. :)

7. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know more about you pack_in_black.

You seem like a decent young guy, except for the..
    "I was a kid living in MN and hated the Vikes cause my dad did, too."......part. :)

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats true. I agree with Vikes on this one.

You should hate the Vikings reguardless of if your Dad does or not!!! :lol:

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh....sa-WEET!!!
    I have never seen a moose, except in a zoo! We have a FEW here in Wisconsin, but i have never seen one.

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    You'll see that name on my ballot somewhere. Great read again.

11. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    great stuff pack in black...

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We're like brothers!

I likes that!

Tromadz lounge will be open on draft day btw.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :rotflmao:

You had me for a second.

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Good read there PIB... myself I am a Metallica fan moreso, not so much the newer stuff as the black album, but throw on some Justice or Master of Puppets and I will listen for a spell.. for alot of years "ONE" kept me going.

Sox going to repeat? Sox vs Brewers series. eh? :thumbsup:

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely.

If by Sox you mean Yankees. :lol:

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

"Classic" Metallica can blast my iPod anyday, anytime. I say "Classic" cause it's not that old, really. Just closer to being classic than say, anything post-Napster. :razz:

I recently re-discoverd Pearl Jam's "TEN", and I think it has to be mentioned in the Greatest Complete Album Debate.

As to the Sox...

Ladies and gentlemen, my new That Statement Was Taken Out Of Context Quote!

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally put Metallica into 2 periods:
    1) with Cliff - good
    2) without Cliff - bad, real bad, and really, really bad.

Saw them in '86 before Cliff died. They were tremendous. now, even if you had tickets, I wouldn't go unless I brought some tomatoes.

18. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Great Interview.

There has not been a bad one yet.

Pack in Black, I am have a work in Clorado Springs soon. We should grab a beer.

R.P.

19. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Burned..

Maybe we should change his screen name to AADBS.. Bo Sox's... :p

20. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great read!!! I enjoy these interviews.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Someone get ahold of Packnic!
    It's his turn! :D

22. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lets go packnic, one of these per week would be money

23. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    haha sorry i didnt really realize it was that popular .
    ill finish it tonight.