1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pack93z

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Packerforum name: Pack93z
    Real name (first only): Shawn
    Current City: Rib Lake
    Hometown: Rib Lake

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Years ago, I started a yahoo account with wine93z in it.. believe it or not, someone else had claimed the wine93 part so the z was just thrown on as a after thought to get the account setup. The Pack part is obvious as to the Packers, and the 93 was directly after one Gilbert Brown. I always enjoyed the way he played and the way we acquired him as a Plan B free agent from hmmm the Vikes.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    Well I grew up on a dairy farm for the first 18 years of life, it is not a thankful living but you earn everything you obtain. During high school I played a sport every season, I lettered in football my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games. On a sunny fall day in 87 I was involved in a ATV accident that just about claimed my life, however it did claim my sports career.
    After a couple of years of struggling to get past the wreck, I finally accepted it for what it was and learned to embrace a lot of things most take for granted. For a number of years now I have quite a bit of fun with the fact that I have a artificial leg an do some odd fun stuff with it. Others have more of an issue with dealing with the pranks than I do.. I find it funny as hell.
    I just remarried this past summer after a divorce and currently have two children, a boy age 8 and a girl age 5. Here is a picture of them this Christmas at the Texas Motor Speedway, the highlight was turning laps on the track at about 95 in a van.. they had a blast.
    [​IMG]
    I met my wife on line, she was from the Dallas area and we after flying back and forth for some time we decided that enough was enough and tied the knot. We flew to Maui this summer and had the ceremony on a private beach overlooking the ocean.
    [​IMG]
    My wife is learning to deal with her first Wisconsin winter, let’s say some days have been better than others. The day she went out to start the car and her hair froze before she got to the car… I got a phone call at work and she wanted to move, lol.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
    In high school I was a student that cruised by without studying much, ace the tests and do enough without working too hard. Always been a sort of quick study and picked up things pretty easily, those study habits made for an interesting adjustment in college.
    Name a sport an I played it, Football, Basketball, in the spring two sports.. track and Baseball. BTW, that tends to piss off the coaches.. I was Baseball first and Track meets when it didn’t interfere with Baseball.
    As far as clubs, not many, however my Junior and Senior years I tutored the underclassman, it was a cool way to meet the younger folks in the school.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
    Had a lot of cool times in those years, probably a road trip after my Senior year with a couple of friends, kind of a final run of the boys. We drove to the Dells, stay a couple of days got a couple of fake ID’s and hit the nightlife. Back in the day, it seemed so cool in the downtown Dells in the summer time. Time seemed to hold still for those couple of days, a couple of the boys I haven’t seen since that weekend.

5) What was your first job?
    My first real job was selling Cars while going to college at Gandrud Chevrolet in Green Bay, it was a 40 hours a week job that I could be flexible in the hours. Pretty good coin as well for a college student as long as you didn’t mind working the Saturday schedules; best day of the week to sell a Truck. Earned a National award from Chevrolet for selling new trucks off the lot in 94.. I think the number was 102 new trucks that year.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?
    Growing up in a family of dedicated Cheesehead’s it was engrained early even though in those days a great season was 5 or 6 wins. I was hooked early on, but the day I got to met and shake hands with JJ and Lofton, it was over.. I was hooked without a doubt.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?
    There are so many to choose from.. But the best for me was the sitting in the stands and a watching the Freeman catch on MNF.. to listen to the emotions of the crowd go from excitement to disappointment to pandemonium in the matter of milliseconds. Sorry but it was an all time classic moment.

8) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?
    I found the site one day at work back in 05, I was at the start of a divorce and needed a outlet. Well that outlet soon lead to a complete addiction, this site feeds my football addiction. LOL, I was a reader of the old Packer News forums and seen a link but didn’t join until sometime later.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    College Football and Basketball, Baseball, Nascar, and the PGA. Pretty much sums it up.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Avid hunter and fisherman, turning a wrench once in a while, woodcraft and working around the house remodeling or building something. Really the last one is just so I can buy more tools and toys to throw in the garage. Anything that can involve the people closest to me, family and friends.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?
    For me, I always wanted to take a single snap on the field at Lambeau, beat the offensive tackle, turn the corner and level the quarterback. That is it… be suited up and listen to the crowd go nuts from that perspective. I think it would be an unbelievable rush.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?
    Probably 30 to 40 over the years, still like number 30 thousand and something on the season tickets waiting list, so when I get my hands on tickets I generally go. The last couple of seasons, I have been donating the vendor tickets I get to let new fans in need go to see the game, people that could use the experience to give them “a break” from life. However I promised my wife that we would keep the warm weather tickets this year.

13) What is your worst fear?
    Easy question, something happening to my kids; part of the reason that I still live in a dinky little town in north central Wisconsin. I should be making twice what I am making as far as wages go in my field, but choose to remain in this small close knit community. Most of the people that live here I have known my whole life.. a sort of peace in that.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Other than the items listed in 10, I love to jump on the 4-wheeler and go kick up some mud or just throw a cooler on the back with a group of friends and put on a bunch of miles with BS breaks embedded.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Either fresh Venison tenderloin or Fettuccini Alfredo with Grilled Chicken.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    Only missing a handful of states, Maine and Alaska, so I have seen a good portion of this country. But my favorite has to be the drive to Hana on the north shore of Maui, someday I will retire there. Second is the drive from Denver to Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Go scuba diving with Sharks, whether it be in a shark cage or just free diving and have them come in. My pops did a lot of diving in the service and has spoke about the beauty of the creatures as they move in. However he recommended not diving with Barracuda’s.. he said the only time he was scared under the water was a wall of cuda’s moved in. I’ll trust him.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Hana, HI, with trips back here to hunt and fish.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.
    Tim Lewis
    John Jefferson – I truly loved the way he played the game.
    Mike “Mad Dog” Douglass
    Brett Favre
    Mark Murphy – Mr. Clean

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?
    Lots of good times and laughs, but one of the best moments I can remember happened recently with some of the Cheesey picture threads. I admire that guy for the way he takes the razzing in stride and never forgets the humor.
    Honorable mention is Vikesrule losing the signature bets this season.. poor little Gnome. LOL.

I nominate Raider Pride to be the second to be interviewed...

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    great read, great idea!

lets hear RP!

3. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Deja vu....could swear that I've read most of this before....but where oh where could that have been? :p

Good to learn more about ya 93z!

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GREAT READ!!!
    It's fun to learn a little more about our Packer "family!" :D
    (Great idea with the interview Ryan!)

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I like this interview thing. Very good idea. This helps me in my stalking.

pack93z, your wife is (edited to avoid a face punching)!

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    i really like the interview idea. i feel like you do too, 93z, about the peace that comes from living in a small town. I am stuck in Minneapolis/St. Paul for school right now, but you better believe i'm getting the hell outta here ASAP, moving back to ND or rural MN.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Nice interview Pack93z VERY GREAT READ :)

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Glad you folks like the idea, I thought it was a pretty good way to get to know the member on here a little better..

Actually borrowing the idea from another site with their permission to nab it and bring it here, the format is "slightly" different.

Each week an interview with a member here on the Packerforum will be taken and posted, a way to learn more about our fellow members here. The interviewed member will select the next member to be interviewed and let the process proceed from there.

So this week, I nominated Raider Pride to go next, so he will complete his interview and submit it to one of the moderators and they will start the new thread each week..

The format of questions will remain the same so that the questions will be fair and not too intrusive to answer.

Any tweaks to the process or ideas, throw them in this thread and we shall go from there.. sound like fun?

9. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I want royalties or I'm shutting this down :p

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    alright, alright. I know how you Vikings love signing former Packers. I give the Vikings permission to sign Bubba Franks. Satisfied?

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    And, before you bring it up, no, you can't sign Brett Favre.

12. BadlandsViking

Ratings:
    +0
    Who?

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    well played, sir.

14. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    This is a great idea. People I would like to see, in order of what I think would be cool.

R.P.
    Montana Bob
    cheesey
    tromadz
    fuzz_nutts
    longtime
    packerchik and all other chicks
    PackOne

And the crowd chants RP .... RP...

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Awesome idea.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    good luck on that fuzznutts interview

17. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Cool idea Ryan.

18. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I just put it into place, idea came from Pack93z, and I believe another team's forum that does it as well.

19. BadlandsViking

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?board=53.0

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't link to that garbage forum.

21. BadlandsViking

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but it's a whole lot better :D

22. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    cool idea.... i feel like me and pack93z have been friends for years.

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You shook hands with James Lofton?

I will be forever envious of you.

24. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Absolutely, I have the game guide with his signature and a picture someplace in Mom's closet with me and JJ, I was only like 8 or 9 but just about as tall, lol.

It would be a honor.

25. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this is a GREAT addition to the site!! :D