Pack will be better than 2004

MassPackAttack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Packer season starts tonight as the Pats will be on local TV here in New England...just want to note some significant improvements over 2004 for our Packers.

1) we now have a defensive coordinator
2) losing sharper, jue and Hawthorne is an upgrade especially given the early play of Collins and Hawkins...Carroll can only be better than 2004. Just like edwards & anderson...none of these "cut" players will help their new teams (sharpe only hurts the Minny secondary-he lost it in 2003)
3) farve is in great shape for the first time in years
4) sherman can coach full-time preventing an 1-4 start
5) punting game looks like its on trackl

Sure our D-line needs work and alot of new players on D but we had those problems last year. It not like we had a top ten D. The only significant loss was Wahle (Rivera was old) but the team is covering those spots well and we played through injuries in 2004.

Where am I wrong? This team will be better than 2004. The Queen's acquisition of a bunch of Sharper's never made anyone a contender and Moss will be missed, Lions have no QB and are classic underachieves.

Finally, why aren't the Pro Football Writers dis'in the Pats...they have taken major hits in coaching and D but no one is writing them off?

On the Eve of a new season things are looking up!

King Wayne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the exception of the oline, this is definately a better team than last year. I disagree about jue, I think he has a great career ahead of him. Hawthorne was one of the worst dbs in the league, and sharper blows (we all know this is true).

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the game on NFL Network(replayed the game) and we did better than what the stats say. Forgetting about the INTS by favre and a few mishaps on Defense, I thouhgt we played like a 9-7 team.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe you are right. But I sure would like to see them start proving it. Next week should be telling. :shock:

Members online

Latest posts