Pack vs Redskins studs and duds

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Raptorman+Other Vikings fans. Never gets any easier does it?:tdown:

On the positive side of things you guys took a really good SEA team down to the wire. You have a coach who knows what he's doing and with that draft pick ahead of us this year you should be able to snag some more help;)

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Starks/Lacy as a duo
O-Line - Finally!
JJ
Davante - first time i've made him a stud, and happy to do it. Hopefully is healthy next week
Cobb
Defense - Corners, Nick Perry, and Matthews in particular.

Duds:
Masthay? but he only had one bad punt..but he pretty much shanked that first one.
Injuries - Lots of injuries for a playoff game unfortunately.

On to the desert.

Masthay's short one was in the face of a 30 MPH wind. Their punter didn't fare any better into that wind.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy losing another fumble...what's going on with his ball security.

Are you kidding? Lacy was stood up from both sides. He had nowhere to go and it took the other guy several seconds to finally wrestle it away. Fumbles are extremely common on those kinds of plays and are almost to be expected.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Lacy was stood up from both sides. He had nowhere to go and it took the other guy several seconds to finally wrestle it away. Fumbles are extremely common on those kinds of plays and are almost to be expected.

Late in game with the lead, have to hang onto the ball, even if it means just going down.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Late in game with the lead, have to hang onto the ball, even if it means just going down.
Watch the play. He was being held up. Can't go down when you're being held up. Every defense practices it and it's very successful when the opportunity presents itself. I have yet to see a perfect athlete so give the guy a break. It wasn't as if he was being careless with the ball.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: All the Packer fans at the game.

Duds: All the Washington fans who left the game early......"You like that?!"

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Masthay's short one was in the face of a 30 MPH wind. Their punter didn't fare any better into that wind.

I think the wind had an impact on the game and was surprised that Buck and Aikman didn't mention it much. Redskins scored 12 of their 18 point with it at their back and the Packers scored 28 of their 35 points with the wind. May have been coincidence, but once the Packers had the wind at their backs in the second quarter, the passing game started clicking and the momentum of the game totally shifted.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

Valid Point. However..

We don't know if the wind was even doing anything at the time of the punt..and Masthay has been inconsistent for the past 2 years. In addition I think the conditions while bad weren't the main reason for– what by all accounts looked like a bad punt. Its not like it hit off his foot great and in the air came to a dead stop. I'd have to look at it again, but it seemed to be bad right off of his foot.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Everyone...Most specifically I am continuously impressed by rookie defenders. Demarious Randall, Quinten Rollins and Jake Ryan were ROLLING. And shout out to the offense for remembering how to football again.
Hearing GO PACK GO cheers throughout the entire game on a road playoff game.

Duds:
Mastay had some weak punts

Though we were playing the 31st ranked defense, our offense looked championship-level. Our defense continues to look championship level. We just happen to be playing what I believe is the best team in the NFL on Saturday. Only now, I think we have a fighting chance. GO PACK GO!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hats off to the Packers and their fans. They did something I didn't think they could do...the offense was able to turn on the switch and play some decent ball...they were the better team and they deserve to move on. Washington simply didn't have an answer to stop GB's offense, though I'm happy the Skins are finally showing some signs of improvement, but they've still got a ways to go...I'm pulling for GB vs ARZ....go Pack!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best decision by MM was to go to the hurry-up offense. Only then did Rodgers get into a rhythm. Need to keep it up.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best decision by MM was to go to the hurry-up offense. Only then did Rodgers get into a rhythm. Need to keep it up.
Yes, the hurry up offense helped us a lot. Rodgers thrives on that.

Hmmm, I should check on line auction sites to see of those towels are available.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HHCD was the one to force D. Jax out of bounce AND break up the 3rd down play on the WASH opening drive.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: First Quarter.

Studs: Last Three Quarters

Welcome back, running game. Where've ya been?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Watch the play. He was being held up. Can't go down when you're being held up. Every defense practices it and it's very successful when the opportunity presents itself. I have yet to see a perfect athlete so give the guy a break. It wasn't as if he was being careless with the ball.

Not only was he being held up, but his left arm was being torqued away from his front and yanked on. I agree that defense practices this and Lacy was suddenly in a bad position with regards to ball security, but... ball carriers also practice how to hold onto the football when the defense is desperate for a strip. Lacy should have never let his arm get pulled away from his core and he should have avoided being stood up.

IMO, I think he pushed for an extra yard rather than yield a yard. Had he yielded, he would not have been held up...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
One more stud to that rookie Gunter.

Ok, maybe not a stud, but he played well. And, I just like shouting out, "Guuuuuuuunter!"

(Hint: It's best shouted with a long "u" sound)

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only was he being held up, but his left arm was being torqued away from his front and yanked on. I agree that defense practices this and Lacy was suddenly in a bad position with regards to ball security, but... ball carriers also practice how to hold onto the football when the defense is desperate for a strip. Lacy should have never let his arm get pulled away from his core and he should have avoided being stood up.

IMO, I think he pushed for an extra yard rather than yield a yard. Had he yielded, he would not have been held up...

He was in the middle of a crowd of about 7 guys and the defense was keying on him since in was an obvious running play. Lacy gets the first down the game is all but over and we probably run out the clock. And it's easy to say "he should have never let his arm get pulled away" from your recliner. When you have two arms prying on one arm, the two are going to win every time. I've watched the play 5 or 6 times and fail to see where he could have done anything different unless he had gone down on his own for a 2 yard gain. I don't want an RB with that mentality.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valid Point. However..

We don't know if the wind was even doing anything at the time of the punt..and Masthay has been inconsistent for the past 2 years. In addition I think the conditions while bad weren't the main reason for– what by all accounts looked like a bad punt. Its not like it hit off his foot great and in the air came to a dead stop. I'd have to look at it again, but it seemed to be bad right off of his foot.

So with the wind blowing 30 mph pretty much all game long you think it magically just stopped during Masthay's first punt? I haven't paid that much attention to his punts, so I don't know if he drops the ball before punting or punts it 'out of his hand'. But if he drops it any at all, it is possible with the wind blowing that hard that the ball moved before it hit his foot which could explain why he didn't hit it good. Being a former punter (high school) I understand the difficulty of punting when the wind is blowing that hard.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts