Pack vs Niners studs and duds

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense for sure studs. Very few miscues. Great game on the whole. Offense was a bit slow, but given how banged up we were on that side of the ball, I'm not too worried about that.

Duds, O-line was sloppy and Mason can't miss that fg...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: defense!!

The entire defense aside from one player.
Kuhn
Lacy
Starks

Duds:
Casey. He was terrible again and was struggling pre snap to be in the right place. The burned a timeout because of him
Masthay. 1 good punt and he rest kinda sucked. I give him a pass on the last one as he may have been ordered to kick it out of bounds.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: defense for sure.

Duds: o-line, receivers, A Rodgers( he looked flustered the whole game. Tim Masthay, grab any guy off the street and he will punt better than this guy.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense were studs.
We know what the offense can do, so not worried at all. For the defense to play big today is great.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Whole D is a stud but i'll pick a few guys

Stud
Raji - still a beast through 4 games
Perry - Aways plays huge in like 3-4 games a year. Hopefully he can play like that all year
Shields
Matthews - He gets a stud just for mocking Kapernick after that sack
again everyone played great on D when you give up only 3 points on the road.
JJ - great catches especially that long one

Dud
Masthay
Montgomery dropped pass - played decent but that first play of the game..you can't drop that. Otherwise he played pretty good.
Barclay - hes 2/3 so lets see how he does vs a good rams team

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs, obviously the defense. Sam Shields must have been doing something right because the only time I heard Anquan Boldin's name mentioned was when he was having a tantrum on the sidelines. Also, Nick Perry stepped up, and the Packers held the edge more often than not and took away Kaepernick's running lanes. And Carlos Hyde was a total non-factor.

Next week, against the Rams, I hope we can give Don Barclay a little help. he gets over-matched at times and the Rams have a great front seven. Gotta keep #12 upright and healthy.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Pass rush 13 sacks in the past two games. Rush defense also was stout again today.

Duds - Play calling at end of 2nd quarter. I thought we should have played more conservatively
and ran the ball in order to setup a chip shot field goal.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs: The Packer fans in the crowd. "Go Pack Go" in the second half, louder than the anything the 49er fans could muster was awesome. And, when JJ hauled in that sideline catch, the crowd went nuts. Proud of all you west coast fans!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of guys played very well today, and again, I am not happy with the level of play from either tackle though. That last sack given up by Barclay, the defender made it to Rodgers' drop point before he did practically. and Bahkt didn't give up the sacks, but he was bent over backwards most of the game getting walked right back. he needs to gain about 30% in strength and Barclay just doesn't move well enough. If he can go forward like in the run game he's better, but it's obvious pass blocking is not his forte. I hope Bulaga comes back healthy after that bye week or soon after and stays that way.

If we don't give them help with extra blockers or have that quick offense running, they just can't hold up out there and that's going to be a problem. I give credit to the 49er's, they came to play on defense and are still pretty good on that side of the ball, but it's not as if we can expect to win a championship by playing poor teams. I know, I know, we won a tough game on the road. I know, and that means something, but I expect more from our starting tackles. Getting beat is expected, getting beat badly shouldn't happen too often, but getting beaten like a rented mule multiple plays in a row or whenever they don't give you help is a little concerning.

Montezumasdaddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - R. Rodgers. Had nice catches with some big 1st downs and seemed to be blocking really well.

Duds - Mashtay and Barclay.

Reaction score
Stud: Our Entire D. That was the worst Offensive performance by San Francisco in over 50 years
Dud: Bak

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought the pass protection was okay?

Too me it seemed Rodgers often had plenty of time, but nobody open to throw the ball to.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The Packer fans in the crowd. "Go Pack Go" in the second half, louder than the anything the 49er fans could muster was awesome. And, when JJ hauled in that sideline catch, the crowd went nuts. Proud of all you west coast fans!!!

I was there doing my part!

Very nice stadium by the way.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought the pass protection was okay?

Too me it seemed Rodgers often had plenty of time, but nobody open to throw the ball to.

Definitely a problem, but that's to be expected with Jordy and Adam out and Cobb hurtin.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...... Me!

Forgive me for I have Sinned... I was excited for Sunday, was at a sports bar in my town wearing my packer gear and GB championship belt. All ready to watch the game. .10 mins before kickoff some hot looking raider nation girl approached me and asked to take a picture with me bc she claimed her second fav team is the
packers since she live in milwaukee. anyway i took a pict with her and male syndrome took over and before i knew it the game was over.... I missed the entire game...

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...... Me!

Forgive me for I have Sinned... I was excited for Sunday, was at a sports bar in my town wearing my packer gear and GB championship belt. All ready to watch the game. .10 mins before kickoff some hot looking raider nation girl approached me and asked to take a picture with me bc she claimed her second fav team is the
packers since she live in milwaukee. anyway i took a pict with her and male syndrome took over and before i knew it the game was over.... I missed the entire game...

Depends on how hot she is in order know whether you should be forgiven.

gemoran4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm shocked by the way our defense has been playing. Absolutely shocked. This is coming from someone who has not at all been a fan of Dom Capers (heck for most of the last few years I wanted the man gone). Whatever he did this year to prepare these guys has clearly worked. The thing is, the big contributors (from what i watched) have been guys who have disappointed in years past. BJ Raji has stepped up in a big way. Datone Jones has played well. Nick Perry had 2 sacks in this game. Beyond that, guys like Nate Palmer, Joe Thomas, Jayrone Elliot, Demarious Randall, etc have stepped up and been big for us. I'm absolutely loving it and if they can continue to preform for us, I am feeling extremely good for this team going forward this year.

Aaron Rodgers is clearly a god. Eddie Lacy and James Starks is an amazing 1-2 punch. We are missing Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams and yet having Cobb, Jones (welcome back :') you beautiful man), Montgomery and Rich Rodgers (another dude I wasn't a fan of) has turned out to be a fine receiving core. Micah Hyde has been solid in the return game. Frankly this team has me so pumped right now I can't even stand it.

The next two weeks we have home games against the Rams and the Chargers. Both teams have some good talent, but I feel good about our chances. We could go into the bye week at 6-0, and be in comfortable lead at 1st place in the NFC north. I am so excited right now for this team I can barely stand it. I hope we continue to play well!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If what I heard was correct, a lot of 49er "fans" went home early with their team down by four points. Apparently, it was "too hot" in the stands for them.

Contrast that with Packer fans who will sit through 20 degrees below zero weather even if the Pack is getting killed at home.

Sky King

Reaction score
Dud...... Me!

There are plenty of bovines out there but there was only one Packer game being played yesterday. You're on probation for the duration of the season. :cautious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts