Pack vs Bears stud n dud

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Alexander a lot...i worry his light body may not hold up in NFL. I want trench guys OL DL Edge... early rounds 1 edge 1a OL 2 DL or OL
We're going to see more big guys this year. I don't fault them for NOT going that way last year. We had serious weakness on the back half and we had Mo Wilk, Daniels, Clark, Lowery and then potential in Adams. Investments in Perry and Clay that like it or not, we had to just roll with that investment this year. Weak FA and weak in draft. This year is different.

Could have said oline was needed last year, they took one, but he never showed up. This year though, Bulaga can't be trusted to stay healthy, Spriggs is a back up. We could use at least a Tackle and a guard on the offensive line. Then to defense, Matthews is off the books. Perry, IMO, should be as well, but might not be. But Daniels is in his last year of contract I believe and coming off an IR injury. We have Clark, Lowery and a limited Adams right now. That's not much. Wilkerson is not under contract and he was to IR rather early too.

Much deeper draft supposedly at DL and edge this year, and we have a much bigger need. You'll probably get your wish.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Obviously disappointed with the loss, but it wasn’t the blow out that many were predicting huh??? :rolleyes:

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly half heartedly watched the game so from what I saw...

Studs: Adam's still playing like a stud even in this dumpster fire season

Duds:
Jimmy Graham: what a complete let down he was all season. I think he single handedly ended the streak for rodgers on the interception in the end zone.
St Brown: bad routes and just hasn't made the catches he needs to.
OL: just like all season 3rd down protection is a freaking joke. Chalk up a pressure or sack everytime.
Special teams: like a Madden game with the AI turned to zero. They are pathetic and screw up at least 70% of punt returns.
Daryl Johnston: just like most fox analyst's terrible game calling and shouldn't be in the booth. (But still better than buck and aikman)

Side note: trubisky is not good at all, bears are 1 and done in the playoffs.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Davante Adams is without question the MVP of the Green Bay Packers this season. This dude has brought it every single game.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers...pathetic
Offensive line..pathetic
Defensive pass rush...pathetic
Defensive secondary ....pathetic
Coaching...pathetic

Pathetic year....PATHETIC TEAM!

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is very overrated...since he signed that huge contract he’s been extremely overrated. But..he’s ok at making commercials...

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the J. Alexander thing should make you feel alive again. He's dang good and at a more premium position. So we didn't get James and now we need safeties. If we didn't get Alexander, we'd need another DB. We didn't get a bad player. He's going to be great in this league. Especially if we get some guys up front and at least one competent guy behind him.
You mean like haha Clinton dix?

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The contract we gave him was just the price of doing business when paying QBs. You really can't second-guess it.

With that said, he's not worth it by a long shot at this point, and if the rest of his career is going to be similar it's going to be awhile before we turn this around.
Rodgers is just a mediocre quarterback...

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All duds...we are all packer fans here..if we are going to wipe the slate clean with coaching why not wipe the slate clean with the players? Starting with overrated Aaron Rodgers. Trade his high payed ***..then move on to clay Mathews, mason Crosby,Brian Bulaga,spriggs,Cobb,Graham, and especially Tramon Williams. WIPE THE SLATE...it’s working in chicago..

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Adams, Crosby
Williams - looked very good when Jones went out. Seemed to have more quickness to him today.

Duds
Darryl Johnson - I don't believe that calling attention to a streak is going to jinx it, but I know Darryl Johnson does. He mentioned 5 times Aaron Rodgers streak with no picks.
Rodgers - Get your **** together man.
FOX coverage - what the hell is the deal with a slo mo on a guy blowing his nose?

Non Dud but can't call him a stud
Spriggs - he gave up 1.5 sacks. I saw Bahk completely whiff on Mack. Didn't get a finger on him and Rodgers did a quick dump. Spriggs had 2 bad plays. He had a bunch of very good plays. You notice the Pack ran his way more often? he sealed perfectly on Williams TD run. I saw him stone Mack on a couple of plays as well.

You disagree with my post yet it's almost identical to yours (unintentional coincidence), care to tell me why?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
All duds...we are all packer fans here..if we are going to wipe the slate clean with coaching why not wipe the slate clean with the players? Starting with overrated Aaron Rodgers. Trade his high payed ***..then move on to clay Mathews, mason Crosby,Brian Bulaga,spriggs,Cobb,Graham, and especially Tramon Williams. WIPE THE SLATE...it’s working in chicago..
For some fans it sounds like an "easy process"....fire and cut everyone and start over, but how has that worked out for Cleveland, Buffalo, NY Jets? Where and how do you get all these great new players to suddenly make the Packers Super Bowl contenders again? Packer fans may not be happy with Aaron Rodgers and his contract right now, but with the guarantees, he is a Packer for several more years, like it or not. Personally, I don't think they are as bad of a team as some may think. New coaches and 3-5 new/better starters sounds more promising to me than "starting over".

Also, a team like the Bears, drafted wisely, traded wisely, signed FA's wisely and made some wise coaching decisions to propel them from doormats to contenders faster than most teams are able to. Since 2010, the Bears haven't sniffed the playoffs and finished the last 4 years last in the NFC North, welcome to Parity in the NFL.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some fans it sounds like an "easy process"....fire and cut everyone and start over, but how has that worked out for Cleveland, Buffalo, NY Jets? Where and how do you get all these great new players to suddenly make the Packers Super Bowl contenders again? Packer fans may not be happy with Aaron Rodgers and his contract right now, but with the guarantees, he is a Packer for several more years, like it or not. Personally, I don't think they are as bad of a team as some may think. New coaches and 3-5 new/better starters sounds more promising to me than "starting over".

Also, a team like the Bears, drafted wisely, traded wisely, signed FA's wisely and made some wise coaching decisions to propel them from doormats to contenders faster than most teams are able to. Since 2010, the Bears haven't sniffed the playoffs and finished the last 4 years last in the NFC North, welcome to Parity in the NFL.
Cleveland seems like an up and comer...buffalo would beat the packers now and the jets may beat the packers next week..and as far as the bears...they traded wisely,signed F.A. Wisely.and drafted wisely...sounds like they wiped the slate...and I’m not talking winning the Super Bowl next year..I’m talking of giving us a winning team in 4 yrs. but with this team and staff I only see the packers struggling even worse next year..when do we start over???

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante Adams is the poster child for playing your tail off even when it seems pointless. I wish that we had more players like him but that's a tall order. We can't forget that on the WR end, rookies (especially low picks) rarely do anything in their first year. Adams has been our only veteran of note. The Oline has struggled for sure, but has been exaggerated by Rodgers not being able to get the ball off quickly. Part of that is a circular loop back to the WRs not getting open, but also Rodgers and play calls. I still don't get why we never committed to the run more this season. It's convenient to say that Jones could block or catch well but he did. His big play ability and knack for falling forward for extra yards made up for any shortcomings. Check the records I was against re-signing Bulaga and still think that he's not worth the money. It's not that the kid doesn't have heart or can't play, but purely because he can't be there when needed. We need to spend some draft capital on the Oline.

I'm excited for our secondary's progression next year. I'm excited to see Kenny Clark progress. I see too many mediocre players at safety and OLB. We either need to find the players or change the scheme to play to our strengths.

I thought that we did well enough against the Bears, but the theme of the season is that this team doesn't have the desire or skill to win games at critical moments. The GM needs to address this both through player acquisition and the coaching staff.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No crap we lost. And I made no "excuses." We were within striking distance in the fourth quarter. However, where in the official sports fan manual does it state one cannot point out contributing FACTORS after a loss? If you don't want to discuss those factors you're free to IGNORE.
Lol, wow. Little testy? I wasn’t getting down on you. I was debating your factors. I call them excuses and believe they are irrelevant, you don’t, so we disagree. Not a big deal.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud- Mike McCarthy's likelihood of getting a head coach job this offseason. This game may have officially given him a ticket to be on a team's sidelines next season. MM would never say it, but he knows he looks a lot better because of Aaron's embarrassing game. Heck not just this game, it's been an embarrassing and abysmal season for him. The future looks doom with this franchise, and for the first time I now think a lot of it is because of Mr $100 Million. I think the collarbone injury last season has completely ruined his all time great ability to throw the deep ball. I'm not sure if his deep ball is better than Kirk Cousins right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I knew I wasn't just "hearing things". Noticed the damn siren when the Bears played the Rams and heard it again during today's game. I realize at Lambeau music is probably played at a high volume while opposing teams are on offense (up until 20 seconds on play clock), but......come on man! What's next, laser and strobe lights in the players faces? I would give the Bears organization a big thumbs down to have to revert to using an Air Raid Siren to distract the opposing team. IMO, no artificial noises should be allowed while the game is being played. If fans can't generate noise on their own, so be it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...-raid-siren-soldier-field-20181214-story.html

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stud- Mike McCarthy's likelihood of getting a head coach job this offseason. This game may have officially given him a ticket to be on a team's sidelines next season. MM would never say it, but he knows he looks a lot better because of Aaron's embarrassing game. Heck not just this game, it's been an embarrassing and abysmal season for him. The future looks doom with this franchise, and for the first time I now think a lot of it is because of Mr $100 Million. I think the collarbone injury last season has completely ruined his all time great ability to throw the deep ball. I'm not sure if his deep ball is better than Kirk Cousins right now.
While this may be true, MM is still going to have to explain why his team was pretty much garbage without Aaron Rodgers in 2017 and while Rodgers was hurt and mostly healthy during 2018.

Just because MM isn't out there coaching the current team, doesn't mean he is completely absolved from what they have done since he was fired.

All that said, I do think MM will get another shot at a head coaching gig

H

HardRightEdge

Sheesh, it’s bad when mediocrity is considered a nice game...

I will stipulate that he had 2 nice plays...

Something like 32 of his 55 yards rushing came on those two plays
97 yds on 16 touches is a pretty good day.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are to assume, as Rodgers has said many times , that his mechanics are fine, then there must be a very good reason why he's missing so many throws and often overlooking wide open receivers. I think there are two:
1. He goes into cardiac shock when he sees an actual "open" receiver, and...
2. He is occasionally distracted by the knowledge that he will find himself face down on the field at least five times a game as he waits for one of them to break with recent Packer tradition and yeah, get "open."
Maybe now that this ridiculous pass without interception thing is over, he can go back to being the real Aaron Rodgers who we know can make those tighter middle field throws which he's been shying away from for some time now. Such a disappointing season. Sheesh

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew I wasn't just "hearing things". Noticed the damn siren when the Bears played the Rams and heard it again during today's game.
I heard that on the radio, and it did sound like they turned it off before the play started. Which sounds like it is according to the rules. I have to agree maybe this is something the league should look at. The home team already has enough of an advantage without resorting to stunts like this. The music at Lambeau could at least be interpreted as "entertainment". Who the heck finds it pleasant to listen to an air raid siren? Seems like this is inviting in all sorts of creative ways to disrupt the offense.

I'd be fine if they decided to just limit it to crowd noise, that seems like it would best fit the spirit of football.

D

Deleted member 6794

I heard the last time the Packers went without any road wins was 1958 (overall record was 1-10-1).

Well, if the Packers end up being as successful in selecting their next head coach as there were before the 1959 season it might be a blessing in disguise ;)

Williams had many runs that could have gone for more yardage in my opinion. He hits the hole very slow and if you didn’t see that today on a couple of his runs you’re just being obtuse

Williams showed a great deal of patience waiting for holes to open yesterday. He's not an explosive runner like Jones but performed at a pretty good level vs. the Bears.

Non Dud but can't call him a stud
Spriggs - he gave up 1.5 sacks. I saw Bahk completely whiff on Mack. Didn't get a finger on him and Rodgers did a quick dump. Spriggs had 2 bad plays. He had a bunch of very good plays. You notice the Pack ran his way more often? he sealed perfectly on Williams TD run. I saw him stone Mack on a couple of plays as well.

I have no idea why you're doting on Spriggs but he was awful in pass protection. While he might be a decent run blocker there's no reason to believe he will develop into a decent starter at any point.

As a side note, I agree that Rodgers has performed at a disappointing level this season but it's absolutely ludicrous to suggest the Packers would be better off moving on from him. I fully expect him to dominate with a new head coach in 2019 again.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Davante Adams (again).
Honorable mention: Mason Crosby.

Duds: Lack of a pass rush (again).
Inconsistent offense.
Punt coverage, on one vital occasion.

I think this team played about as well as it was capable of....Despite playing with a depleted offensive line and their best running back, they kept it from being a blowout to a clearly superior (and healthier) opponent on the road. The Pack lacks big play capability on offense and generates little pressure on defense, and that's a bad combination.

April 25th cannot come fast enough.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like haha Clinton dix?
I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean? he's gone, and for that I am thankful.

There is probably a job waiting for MM right now if he wants from anywhere from high level executive guy to OC to HC in the NFL. How the Packers performed yesterday or next week isn't going to tell the people in the NFL anything about him. But maybe these games might shed some light for the fans that have been harping on certain things seemingly forever?

I thought yesterday was great. The Bears should have destroyed this team and we were kept in in by a couple things some seem to think we need to do more of. Get cute on offense and take the ball out of our offensive playmakers hands to be "creative" and always be aggressive. As always, it's not what you call, it's how you execute. That's all this game comes down to. Luckily for Da Bears, GB wasn't very good at it yesterday or they would have lost in large part for their "creativity"

Latest posts