Pack vs Bears stud n dud

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have a pretty good defense, after that I think they're very overrated. In the real world, a good team would have destroyed this Packers team today. We didn't even play that well and it was mostly self inflicted wounds that kept us out of the W column. Playing to clinch a division title, the first in almost a decade against a battered team, and at home?

Their offense is limited because Trubisky isn't very good, but he does enough. They're in a weird situation where he's just good enough that they're not going to be looking for a replacement any time soon, but that might keep them from reaching their potential long-term. I know we're all bitter watching our season coming to an end, but "pretty good" is a vast understatement for their D.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Adams, Crosby
Williams - looked very good when Jones went out. Seemed to have more quickness to him today.

Duds
Darryl Johnson - I don't believe that calling attention to a streak is going to jinx it, but I know Darryl Johnson does. He mentioned 5 times Aaron Rodgers streak with no picks.
Rodgers - Get your **** together man.
FOX coverage - what the hell is the deal with a slo mo on a guy blowing his nose?

Non Dud but can't call him a stud
Spriggs - he gave up 1.5 sacks. I saw Bahk completely whiff on Mack. Didn't get a finger on him and Rodgers did a quick dump. Spriggs had 2 bad plays. He had a bunch of very good plays. You notice the Pack ran his way more often? he sealed perfectly on Williams TD run. I saw him stone Mack on a couple of plays as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their offense is limited because Trubisky isn't very good, but he does enough. They're in a weird situation where he's just good enough that they're not going to be looking for a replacement any time soon, but that might keep them from reaching their potential long-term. I know we're all bitter watching our season coming to an end, but "pretty good" is a vast understatement for their D.
I don't think so, they played on D like they always do. Better execution by our offense today and we beat them with half an offensive team. and their offense is extremely limited. Play disciplined defense and all their tricks go away and Mitch becomes a guy that will lose the game at some point.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so, they played on D like they always do. Better execution by our offense today and we beat them with half an offensive team. and their offense is extremely limited. Play disciplined defense and all their tricks go away and Mitch becomes a guy that will lose the game at some point.

They played on D like they always do, which is way better than any team in the league according to almost any metric. We'll have to agree to disagree there.

Agree to agree on their offense ;)

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers sucked compared to what we expect of him, but some of you are drunk if you think his extension was a mistake

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but the Bears are pretty damn good. Easily the best D in the league. Agree that Rodgers really should've hit Cobb on those overthrows, and MVS had a step, but that was about 60 yards in the air, and not one you'd expect anyone to drop in stride (maybe Mahomes with his cannon). That being said, can't say I'm surprised with this one. We lost to a better team on the road. So my DUD isn't anyone in particular, but just this season in general. Need to get healthy next year and bring in some upgrades, including at HC.

STUD: Adams. I hope everyone is appreciating watching him play. He's incredible. I think part of the reason he gets underrated nationally is because people credit Rodgers for some of his success. Not the case. This guy gets open and makes plays. He could put up numbers with almost anyone at QB.

Rodgers is supposed to be the best QB in the league.....He used to hit Jordy on shots like these routinely in stride. Sick of the excuses.....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers sucked compared to what we expect of him, but some of you are drunk if you think his extension was a mistake
True, but I was drunk when I thought he was awesome as well.

He isn't playing up to his contract. And if he doesn't get it back next season, the Packers will be screwed because of his huge contract.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
FOX coverage - what the hell is the deal with a slo mo on a guy blowing his nose?

LOL....thanks man, I mentally put that on my "too mention here" list, but forgot. I guess I should get a dud rating for actually rewinding and watching that "shot" that FOX provided us again, because I didn't think they actually showed us a guy "farmer blowing" his nose......they did and I think it was Eddie Goldman.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...Gute passing on Derwin James, and bring in josh jackson terrible, Burks terrible and Graham bad for the price paid. Gute really gonna have to step up.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe honeymoon period is about up for Gute...he has to hit this draft, or were dead for a long long time. and im not sure he can get it done. D. James thing kills me.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud- the slight good feeling I had after the Atlanta victory. That is gone away completely. I still knew this team was a joke but was thinking about a playoff chance with my heart, not my head. 7-8-1 and not a great draft pick! Who's ready!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost, everything else is excuses
No crap we lost. And I made no "excuses." We were within striking distance in the fourth quarter. However, where in the official sports fan manual does it state one cannot point out contributing FACTORS after a loss? If you don't want to discuss those factors you're free to IGNORE.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud...Gute passing on Derwin James, and bring in josh jackson terrible, Burks terrible and Graham bad for the price paid. Gute really gonna have to step up.

We ended up getting Jaire with our highest pick, so the Derwin James move isn't a disaster. I think Jackson will be better year 2, at least he better be. I don't know many people that liked the Graham signing from the start.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe honeymoon period is about up for Gute...he has to hit this draft, or were dead for a long long time. and im not sure he can get it done. D. James thing kills me.
well the J. Alexander thing should make you feel alive again. He's dang good and at a more premium position. So we didn't get James and now we need safeties. If we didn't get Alexander, we'd need another DB. We didn't get a bad player. He's going to be great in this league. Especially if we get some guys up front and at least one competent guy behind him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody started a 'Fire Gute' thread yet.

I think I did make a thread the day he was hired....kind of as a tongue and cheek, but also to reserve space for the eventuality of people wanting to move in! Location, Location, Location.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the J. Alexander thing should make you feel alive again. He's dang good and at a more premium position. So we didn't get James and now we need safeties. If we didn't get Alexander, we'd need another DB. We didn't get a bad player. He's going to be great in this league. Especially if we get some guys up front and at least one competent guy behind him.
I like Alexander a lot...i worry his light body may not hold up in NFL. I want trench guys OL DL Edge... early rounds 1 edge 1a OL 2 DL or OL

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The contract we gave him was just the price of doing business when paying QBs. You really can't second-guess it.

With that said, he's not worth it by a long shot at this point, and if the rest of his career is going to be similar it's going to be awhile before we turn this around.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the Rodgers extension. We made him the highest paid qb after missing last year with a collar bone and always seems to find a way to get hurt He had 2 years left and we could've tagged him after that. He's starting to **** me off, every single gane he looks like a whinny brat out there Even after he clearly over throws someone he's *****ing at the receiver. You know any time it's 3rd and longer than 5, he's taking the sack

Josh Jackson every single week looks lost and seems to be regressing instead of improving.

How does Zook still even have a job? Every single week,theres a stupid play in special teams

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the Rodgers extension. We made him the highest paid qb after missing last year with a collar bone and always seems to find a way to get hurt He had 2 years left and we could've tagged him after that. He's starting to **** me off, every single gane he looks like a whinny brat out there
We didn't want to be in the position of putting the tag on Rodgers, we wanted to make him happy and lock him in.
It wasn't likely he was going to get any cheaper (although I'm beginning to wonder).

His attitude IS different this year, I don't care who denies it. Maybe he can't deal with losing (not the worst trait to have).
Up until this year, it seemed unthinkable that we would have a losing record with Rodgers on the field, but it has come to pass.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs: I thought most of the defense played well considering the duds that were on the field. Adams. Williams.

Duds: Josh Jackson. Rodgers. Jimmy Graham is complete and udder trash.

Members online

Latest posts