PACK to wear 1929 uniforms against Rams.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
The Pack are going to wear the classic 1929 uniforms again this year October 16th verses the Rams. I am a fan in these uniforms now that I've seen them all together with the pants and helmets. At first I wasn't too sure when I just saw the jerseys by themselves but when they came out against the '9ers last year I was in full force.
Does anyone have pictures of any of the other alternate jerseys and when they wore them?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will give ESPN something to talk about that week at least, they were bashing us for weeks after that 49ers game..

OP
OP
Munch

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Thanks ivo610! That's awesome, there is a question I have for the gold jerseys. Did they ever wear them in a game and when? They are not in the data base.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen all gold jerseys with green numbers on jersey websites and on Madden. I don't know if they are a gimik or what but thought I'd ask.

Havent played it yet, but Ill go with gimic.

check out Chance's website. He always has great info.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The gold jerseys were "special" alternate jerseys probably promoted by Reebok to sell more jerseys. With the belief that another jersey design would sell more jerseys. (So a gimmick) The blue jerseys we have now our official 3rd jerseys, the gold ones weren't.

I am glad I am not going to this years throwback game, I went last year froze my buns off and had a blast, but had limited sights and commentary on it. Now I can hear all the bad things on TV about the jerseys. :p

I am just wondering why they added northwestern stripes to their Acme Packers jersey for sale in the Pro Shop.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I love those jerseys.

If only the helmet was blue with the logo on it, and pants blue with the stripes.

I would like a plain yellow helmet instead of the brown. The pants are fine, except you don't play against a team that has similar colored pants like the 49ers. Hopefully the Rams were monochrome white.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't like them, think they are fugly.

Personally I would love to see some real alternative uniforms. It's great to go into the past, but I want some new looks.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best uniform they wore was in 2003 for Thanksgiving at Detroit. I was at that game, and the uniforms were close to the glory years of the 60's. The socks made the uniform. If they were to wear that style at home with the green jerseys and the socks and make everyone wear black shoes - that would be the best look.

Another uniform that I think would look great is what they wore in the early 50's with the metallic light gold helmet - which had a single kelly green stripe. Not really "Glory years" of the Pack, so I doubt that they would ever consider them.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a photo of 1951

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 98

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are a couple from 2003. Love the SOCKS!

Attachments

• photo19.jpg
    photo19.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 157
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 90
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 103

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Here is a photo of 1951

Those are neat jerseys. I saw a post card of Billy Grimes wearing a similar jersey just a leather helmet and thought it was great.

I think the Packers should wear those 2003 throwbacks as our away uniforms fulltime. The stripes on the jersey, the pants, the socks all look great. Plus it wouldn't be a huge change so everyone wouldn't hate it.

And I have to agree with ivo the 1994 throwbacks are my favorite throwbacks the Pack has had for their home jerseys. Away - didn't see enough of it in action to judge though I love the yellow yokes.

Anyone thinking the Packers are going to do something special for their 100 year birthday? If we could win 3 more SB by 2019, each game could represent a NFL title.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i might be the minority, but i wish the Packers changed their uniforms back in 94 ......Ron Wolf's proposed colors -green and GOLD ( NOT MICHIGAN YELLOW!!!)

Attachments

• ron wolf.png
    ron wolf.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 84

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
i might be the minority, but i wish the Packers changed their uniforms back in 94 ......Ron Wolf's proposed colors -green and GOLD ( NOT MICHIGAN YELLOW!!!)

I don't mind the wanting to change from yellow to gold, I just thought those jerseys were to plain. I kind of hope Nike nudges the Packers into changing their uniforms next year, if we hate them they can always change them back, but its about time the Packers welcomed in a new era for themselves.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like the yellow better than the gold that was proposed in 1994.

Sorry guys, but the Saints wear that gold, and I have to see their stickers and flags and helmets everywhere I go from Alabama to Mississippi.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind the wanting to change from yellow to gold, I just thought those jerseys were to plain. I kind of hope Nike nudges the Packers into changing their uniforms next year, if we hate them they can always change them back, but its about time the Packers welcomed in a new era for themselves.

I know I can "like" a post, but can I "dislike" a post??? Just kidding...

The Packer uniform is a classic and IMO, with the exception of some subtle changes each year, should not be messed with. As many of you know, I collect Game Worn helmets, and when they are on display on shelves, there are many white helmets, many dark colored team helmets -black, navy, etc., and many silver helmets. There is only one NFL team with the color of the Packers...Green Bay Gold! That helmet stands out among all of the others. So yes, change it to metallic gold or brown for a game or two each season, change the jerseys to blue or gold or pink for a game or two, but for the other 14-20 games each year, leave the uniforms as they are...classics!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave it to the pack to have the most simplistic and awesome uniforms.

I think what would be cool is if we changed our name back to the "ACME Packers" for the whole season. What a tribute that would be huh??

Members online

Latest posts