Pack Run D

gbfan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is anybody else worried about our run defense this week?? They will be running to the left, behind McKinnie, Hutchinson, and Birk. Our two best run defenders happen to be on their right side. The linebackers are really going to have to step up to help cover KGB's ***. I think we might see a decent amount of Montgomery on Sunday as he is better against the run. Just something I thought about after reading the Pickett/Hutchinson article on jsonline.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, the queens. Our run D hasn't been bad and we have some great players on that line. Our perfect tandom KGB and kampy. Im not worried. Wat we should be worried about is our Pass-D. I hope Brad johnson sucks on sunday. His sucking is on a 10 game streak.

Reaction score
I think it will be a real tough test for our DTs to clog the middle. If they can prevent the Guards from getting free, thus leaving the LB free to chase plays and make tackles, the Packers will be able to contain Taylor.

IMO we have to realize the Vikings have Hutch and Taylor, who have in tandem been great. If the Pack allow 100 yards+ rushing, it is fine. They just have to adopt the 'bend but don't break' philosophy. Good players will make the plays, the Packers just have to limit how big of a play Taylor can make (4-5 yards is alright, avoid the 10+ yard plays).

As for KGB, I think you will see more of Kampman and KGB lining next to each other this game. Should combat KGB's weakness to some degree. I think Sanders will have some sort of plan.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB is not as bad against the run as most people think he is, but he did get blown out repeatedly by McKinnie in one of the games last year. The Packers need to give him some help by having A.J. Hawk stay at home and also bringing in the safeties as much as possible. Force the Vikes to throw. They don't have Randy Moss anymore.

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as KGB doesn't get pushed down inside we'll be fine. If he and string it out or t least delay the movement forward by the queens oline, Barnett and Hawk will have a field day from the backside.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to slam the door on the run and make Johnson throw it. The Vikes right tackle has not been good thus far so Kampman needs to show up big once again.

Their RB has been kept out of practice mainly because of the pounding he has been taking. He has already had more carries than anytime previously in his career for a whole season and we're only half way thru.

What's happening here is exactly why MM has been concerned with the number of carries AG gets and why they try to limit his total carries.

If we get good games from our LB's against the run and Kampy does his thing we should do well.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In spite of their $15 million left side of the O line, the Queens have had difficulty most of the season running the ball consistently.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I ask is that Brett burns Sharper all game long. And the game ends with a play like back in 2000.

"The Antonio Freeman Catch against Chris Dishman. "

Off Dishman's hands a couple of times.... Bounces off Freeman's noggin, lands in his lap. Dishman thinks the play is over... Antonio gets up and runs into the endzone. Packer win.

RP

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think it will be a real tough test for our DTs to clog the middle. If they can prevent the Guards from getting free, thus leaving the LB free to chase plays and make tackles, the Packers will be able to contain Taylor.

IMO we have to realize the Vikings have Hutch and Taylor, who have in tandem been great. If the Pack allow 100 yards+ rushing, it is fine. They just have to adopt the 'bend but don't break' philosophy. Good players will make the plays, the Packers just have to limit how big of a play Taylor can make (4-5 yards is alright, avoid the 10+ yard plays).

As for KGB, I think you will see more of Kampman and KGB lining next to each other this game. Should combat KGB's weakness to some degree. I think Sanders will have some sort of plan.

Taylor will get his yards. That much is certain. It's preventing the big run that GB needs to do. They've been pretty good overall on run D and pretty good in preventing the big run but Minnesota is probably going to run the ball more on us than any other team this year. I expect Taylor to get at least 25 carries and at least 5 to 10 throws his way as well. He's their offense pretty much. Green Bay needs to hold him in check and not let Williamson beat him. If they do then I think they have a real good shot of not only winning but winning by a nice margin.

Members online

Latest posts