Pack Nearing North Title [merged threads]

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack Nearing North Title

Our magic number is 4 (which goes down to 2 if we win on Thursday). The good thing is that we need to keep winning to stay in the race for home field, so I don't think there's any problem if we end up clinching the division early).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Pack Nearing North Title

i just want the win this thursday and go from there the lions then would have to of course the title would be sweet

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is THE most important game of the regular season

With a win the Packers will have more or less locked the division up and are GUARANTEED a playoff spot even if we loose the remainder of our games. I think if we lose this game it could spell trouble for us going to Dallas one week later after a loss to the 6-4- Lions. This game is huge and i honestly think its the most important game of the regular season including dallas. I hope we rip out the feathers off those Lions!

GO PACK GO

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: this is THE most important game of the regular season

With a win the Packers will have more or less locked the division up and are GUARANTEED a playoff spot even if we loose the remainder of our games. I think if we lose this game it could spell trouble for us going to Dallas one week later after a loss to the 6-4- Lions. This game is huge and i honestly think its the most important game of the regular season including dallas. I hope we rip out the feathers off those Lions!

GO PACK GO

This is huge for psychological reasons. There will be millions of people watching this game, as most people have the day off and of course students are off of school (except apparently Canada, sorry Canadians). Players will know how big of a game this is.

How will we handle the pressure? It's especially tougher for a young team. Favre, Driver, Harris, and our other vets have been in this situation before, but not the younger players.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack Nearing North Title

I'd rather clinch the title sooner than later. Then we can concentrate on homefield advantage.

One game at a time though. We have to beat the Lions first. They got a chip on their shoulder and something to prove, so let's not take them lightly.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think this game is special in any way.

Just another win.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I Realised

I just realised Packers 9-1 ... Lions 6-4

If we win 10-1 4 games left ... lions 6-5 4 games left also

So basicly if we win thursday ... and lions lose one more game after that ... wouldn't we automaticaly clinch division?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have the day off and have the NFL network, no way in hell I am missing it but I have to disagree with you trom; this year, every game seems special !!!

GO PACK GO !!!

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have the day off and have the NFL network, no way in hell I am missing it but I have to disagree with you trom; this year, every game seems special !!!

GO PACK GO !!!

It's actually coming on TSN, so us Canadians don't even need NFL Network.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going to fake a limp tomorrow at work, then at the end of the day tell them I have a doctor's appointment set for Thursday morning. When I come back 3 hours later I'll say the doctor sent me to get an x-ray. :mrgreen:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going to fake a limp tomorrow at work, then at the end of the day tell them I have a doctor's appointment set for Thursday morning. When I come back 3 hours later I'll say the doctor sent me to get an x-ray. :mrgreen:

LoL, I love it,

You are a true Packer Fan ( Too much work in this life anyways lol )

Cheers :packbeer:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What I Realised

So basicly if we win thursday ... and lions lose one more game after that ... wouldn't we automaticaly clinch division?

Yep. GB wins and Detroit loses one more time and the Pack are NFC North division champs.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What I Realised

No,

I think you should check your math there buddy!

10-1 means 5 games left... 5, not 4.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't clinch with a win on Thursday. But we'd be up 4 games in the division with 5 to go, so it'd almost be a certainty if we can knock off the Lions.

This game could either spring board us or possibly hurt us, especially with that Dallas game looming. If we win on Thursday, even a loss to Dallas wouldn't hurt us to badly. If we lose to the Lions and then lose to the Cowboys, our 3 game lead could quickly shrink to a single game depending on what the Lions do, not to mention they'd have the tiebreaker and a two game lead in divisional record over us.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the competitive athlete I think, regardless of the standings, the most important thing is winning the game at hand. I really can't wait to watch the Packers beat the Lions. :)

Members online

Latest posts