Pack Might Turn To Ahmed Plummer If They Dont Get Woodson

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson has pushed the visit from March 30-31 Until early next week, and if his price ends up to high the pack could turn to Ahmed Plummer of the 49ers http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/505 ... m3f5n.uLYF

If Woodson’s price ends up too high, the Packers could turn to someone like San Francisco’s Ahmed Plummer, a first-round draft pick (No. 24 overall) in 2000 who missed the final 13 games last season because of an ankle injury and 10 games in 2004 because of a shoulder injury. McCarthy was the 49ers’ offensive coordinator last season, though he said he has limited knowledge of Plummer because of the injury.

There Both 30 but Charles is right around 7 months older, and has also been in the league 2 more years then Ahmed. How do you feel about these two i really think we should get Charles Woodson first but i guess we can always turn to Ahmed if we have to.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like plummer too. There are a LOT of CBs in FA i like. Plummer is one.

Git'r Done, TED!

good info,packerlegend

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice Plummer is the guy who I wanted them to go after. Hope they get one of them. Either or is an upgrade over Carroll.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is great that he is looking at a possible number 2 CB. I'm not in the anti Carroll club myself because he is young, and i still think he is good, but I think he will be a good nickel back and they have had trouble covering the number 3 reciever, so i think this is where carroll could be effective without messing up too much due to inexperience, and knowing that they are threatening his job could be a kick in the *** that he needs.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Pack Might Turn To Ahmed Plummer If They Dont Get Woodso

SuperRat said:
This is great that he is looking at a possible number 2 CB. I'm not in the anti Carroll club myself because he is young, and i still think he is good, but I think he will be a good nickel back and they have had trouble covering the number 3 reciever, so i think this is where carroll could be effective without messing up too much due to inexperience, and knowing that they are threatening his job could be a kick in the *** that he needs.

I agree I think Carroll can be a solid nickel back but not a starter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

SuperRat said:
I'm not in the anti Carroll club

I'll send you a membership application. Think it over.

hehehe

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you think he'll improve, tromadz? or do you have him completely written off? i'm not in the hater club, but he did suck A LOT of *** last year, i hope he can improve, and i think he has some of the tools necessary, but i don't know if it will happen.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he improves, I really do.

But he has shown me NO REASON at all to believe he will.

his progression from year 1 to year 2 was almost nonexistent.

Why should I feel there will be a big jump from Year 2 to Year 3?

<----handsome though, aint he?

I dont see any reason to believe he will. All he showed me is that he can celebrate after mediocre tackles, and stare down an opposing sideline while the ball is in play(which makes him a ******).

I hope he has a breakout year, and shuts me up good...but...it wont happen, which is why Woodson and Plummer are being discussed in free agency.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His attitude is too much for me to handel.. He's cocky, get's in fights with teammates.. To me he comes off a punk.. That's just my impression of him...

I am however looking forward to the development of Michael Hawkins..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about him playing nickel if we DO get woodson or plummer. his coverage isn't that bad and i think he could excel with zone coverage if he can mesh well with the other defenders and not blow assignments leaving huge gaping holes in the coverage. i know if he can't fix that, offensives will exploit him like they have done before, but his coverage is good if he doesn't get beaten off the ball, which seems to happen most often when he gets too overzealous while stuffing WRs at the line (which DOES happen alot)... as i'm writing this i am feeling that me giving him the benefit of the doubt is sounding more and more ridiculous to me. but i still think he could be a good nickel, i guess. or maybe i don't. i dunno.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nickel should be Carroll or Hawkins, let them compete, let the better CB win.

thats my opinion on it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As long as we pay considerably less for plummer, i would rather have him. less wear and tear on his body from two less years...and less pressure because he doesnt carry the expectations that woodson does. not to mention he will only be covering number 2s. I SAY PLUMMER

now as far as carroll goes i dont hate him as much as trom, and i think he has great atheletic ability and much potential. BUT i cant stand a player who hasnt proven himself, leaves everyone around him with mixed emotions about his talent, and yet still celebrates after he finally makes a big play... JUST GO HIT SOMEONE AND PLAY FOOTBALL.

but im new here so my opinion doenst matter :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
i think the fact that he has so much potential is what ****** me off the most.

me too, he is fast as lightning, but dumb as a rock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts