Pack it up??

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I said they played against us like an 8-8 team against us; I would not project that's where they'll finish, but lets say they did.

Had you been told before the season started they'd be 8-8 and presumably missing the playoffs (though that is not certain at this point), would you have been satisfied? Relief at a turnaround, if that's what it turns out to be, would be just that...relief. I wouldn't find that particularly satisfying.
If we played like an 8-8 team, what did you guys play like?
Before the season I had many question marks about this team, inexperience at the running back position, is Nicks going to stay healthy, JPP and the back surgery, offensive line getting old, no linebackers, Eli inconsistency. So if someone said if you were 8-8 before the season I would say that sounds about right. Add on top of that the laundry list of injuries...
And as the Giants have shown throughout the years when everyone counts them out they prove a lot of people wrong. So I'm still holding out hope till they are mathematically eliminated. We still have an uphill battle to get to where we want to be, but we're winning games. Winning 4 games in a row no matter what the opponent is an accomplishment.

Last edited:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is out until after Thanksgiving mise well IR him and get him healthy for next year no need to risk it. We will be lucky to even beat the queens at this point and i forsee us going to that ugly dome in Detroit and getting crushed as we can't go point for point with them in that dome and the defense will prolly give up 35+. I hate to be sound so negative but it is what it is, you guy's can thank MM and TT for not having a adequate backup at qb, and sticking with a stubborn old geezer as it's DC. Heres to 2014!! rooting for the Chiefs to win the SB.

I agree with you. If the Packers lose the next two games and fall to 5-7, just shut it down. No need to rush Rodgers back.... no need to rush Cobb back... no need to force CM3 out there at 75% and one handed.

The idea of playing football is to win the Super Bowl. You don't get points for finishing .500 even though your quarterback gets injured.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers are 5-7 with 2 more division losses then its over . I would still play Rodgers but he MUST be 100 percent at that point. Gotta keep the bears out of the playoffs!!!

That would be the ideal way for the season to end if the Packers are out of the playoffs... End the Bears dreams in Chicago Week 17

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. If the Packers lose the next two games and fall to 5-7, just shut it down. No need to rush Rodgers back.... no need to rush Cobb back... no need to force CM3 out there at 75% and one handed.

The idea of playing football is to win the Super Bowl. You don't get points for finishing .500 even though your quarterback gets injured.

Certainly no reason to rush them back at that point, but sometime before the end of the year they will be 100% and I would think you pretty much have to play them then. I don't know how you could send the rest of the team out there to get torched every Sunday while a guy like Rodgers is fully healed but standing on the sidelines.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is time and there is hope but a Packers team sans Rodgers paints a bleak picture even by my glass half full standards. But it also depends on the fate of other teams. We must take it one day at a time and try to make the playoffs as that could be a struggle in itself. On a brighter note, championship years have risen from the ashes such as ours.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a quote where Cobb said that Aaron will be back a lot sooner than most people think. Lets give it some time.
Unless it comes from Mike himself, I take anything any other player says about another injured one with a huge grain of salt.
Remember the rumors that Chmura tried to start about Finley?
Same thing here only with different guys.

All we can do is wait and take it one week at a time.
And here is an article showing that it's impossible to know when Air-Run might return:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...n-rodgers-not-in-pain-but-not-ready-to-return

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Pack it in?? No... not a chance. Competitors COMPETE and win. If this team goes down, I want it going down with dignity and style. THAT'S how winners are defined amongst 'competitors'.

A lot of folks looking at this team like it's a corpse ... sometimes...just sometimes...if you hold a mirror under corpse's nose, it will steam up the mirror. These Packers haven't quit ... they haven't played well. All the other ancillary theories about who should be fired and all that are fair discussions ... but ... pack it in? Never happen ... not with competitors like they have on this team.... Rodgers.... Hawk .... et al .... ain't happening.

Go Pack.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"]It's a defense mechanism brother...don't expect alot then it doesn't hurt as much."

You are no brother of mine. My brothers root for the Green BaY Packers. THEY ONLY root for the packers until they are no longer playing, then root against all other NFC north teams until they are no longer playing. Then we root against the Bucs if they are still playing.

Then we just watch football and enjoy.

A real packer fan doesn't root for another team unless its to beat one of our foes. EVER.

Not all of us have only been around since the luxury of Favre and Arod.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would people want to shut down Rodgers?! Who cares if we're out of the playoffs. The guy broke his collarbone. If he's cleared to play then additional rest isn't going to help. This isn't a pulled hamstring. Personally, if Rodgers accepts being benched for the end of the year because the Packers are out of the playoffs, I think I'd lose a lot of respect for the guy. This is a player that still carries a chip on his shoulder because of how far he fell in the draft. I doubt seriously he would be content to just hold a clipboard and watch his team lose when he can get back on the field.

Which also raises the question, why should Rodgers be the only guy that gets shut down? How do you think other guys on the team would feel if their leader was perfectly healthy but wasn't playing until the end of the year? I can't imagine what CM3, playing with a cast the size of a coconut, would think about that. Or how about any of the dlinemen? Why are they going to try hard every game, when the next play could be an olineman blowing out their knee with a cut block, when they know the coaches and management have given up on the season? Terrible idea.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"]It's a defense mechanism brother...don't expect alot then it doesn't hurt as much."

You are no brother of mine. My brothers root for the Green BaY Packers. THEY ONLY root for the packers until they are no longer playing, then root against all other NFC north teams until they are no longer playing. Then we root against the Bucs if they are still playing.

Then we just watch football and enjoy.

A real packer fan doesn't root for another team unless its to beat one of our foes. EVER.

Not all of us have only been around since the luxury of Favre and Arod.

That's funny because i don't even recall referring to you as brother?? Of course i'm rooting for the Packers to win EVERY game but the reality is that's not going to happen. I root for Tolzien but he's 0-2 and playing behind a bad defense but i'm still there cheering just as loud as the next fan. Even tho the outlook is grim...maybe if we lose next week and out of playoff contention it'll be ok to root for the Chiefs?? I mean because at that point they will have a better chance at winning the SB then us right?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
There is time and there is hope but a Packers team sans Rodgers paints a bleak picture even by my glass half full standards. But it also depends on the fate of other teams. We must take it one day at a time and try to make the playoffs as that could be a struggle in itself. On a brighter note, championship years have risen from the ashes such as ours.

that heart I gave you should stand for "love" in this case! LOVE this post, and as someone said in another thread, you do have a way with words! :)

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With or without Rodgers, you never give up on a season. We have 6 games left. I think it's time to see what coaches and players can do to make team better. Let's not wait until next year!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You should have seen the Giants boards during the 0-6 start.
Fans were asking for heads to roll, and no one was safe from criticism.

Yes, but don't forget.... that magical 4 game win streak has only happened because you guys faced 4 back up QB's in a row. All 4 of which pure suck!!! The last time you guys faced a starting QB, ya'll got spanked. If you had played vs Arod, you would have had chalked up another L .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
$$$$ is why some want to play, performance incentives..

Tell clay not to want his performance bonuses (or whomever is due for that)

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but don't forget.... that magical 4 game win streak has only happened because you guys faced 4 back up QB's in a row. All 4 of which pure suck!!! The last time you guys faced a starting QB, ya'll got spanked. If you had played vs Arod, you would have had chalked up another L .

Who cares? they still beat us and both teams are going in oppsoite directions. Not to long ago we faced a backup and he looked like Joe Montana against us...at least NY is beating the backups.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Who cares? they still beat us and both teams are going in oppsoite directions. Not to long ago we faced a backup and he looked like Joe Montana against us...at least NY is beating the backups.

Who cares? I DO....because I hate the NYG. Even the announcers said their wins are due to facing garbage QB's.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who forgot? I think I made that clear in a previous post. But would I dare complain? No... I'll take a win no matter what the situation is.
And last time we faced Rodgers we won 38-10...
Nothing is guaranteed in this league.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who forgot? I think I made that clear in a previous post. But would I dare complain? No... I'll take a win no matter what the situation is.
And last time we faced Rodgers we won 38-10...
Nothing is guaranteed in this league.

Game, set, match. That still stings to this day.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly no reason to rush them back at that point, but sometime before the end of the year they will be 100% and I would think you pretty much have to play them then. I don't know how you could send the rest of the team out there to get torched every Sunday while a guy like Rodgers is fully healed but standing on the sidelines.

I agree with you, but I want to highlight the part you said about fully healed. Right now Rodgers is saying "I can throw without pain, but the bone isn't fully healed yet". The last thing anybody wants is for the injury to get worse.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a defense mechanism brother...
I can relate to this.

At this point I don't expect us to make the playoffs when I did before you-know-what happened.
Oh, it would be awesome if we got in. We still have a chance. But it looks less and less likely as each loss mounts up and with Air-Run just watching.
You cannot think that this is 2010 all over again because it's not 2010.
Better to be neutral or down on the team than to be excited only to be depressed later when they don't meet the expectations.
I honestly really expected to win against Philly. Was really looking forward to what Wallace could do. Then we lost and I felt really bad.
I learned from that mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts