Pack it up??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is out until after Thanksgiving mise well IR him and get him healthy for next year no need to risk it. We will be lucky to even beat the queens at this point and i forsee us going to that ugly dome in Detroit and getting crushed as we can't go point for point with them in that dome and the defense will prolly give up 35+. I hate to be sound so negative but it is what it is, you guy's can thank MM and TT for not having a adequate backup at qb, and sticking with a stubborn old geezer as it's DC. Heres to 2014!! rooting for the Chiefs to win the SB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is out until after Thanksgiving mise well IR him and get him healthy for next year no need to risk it. We will be lucky to even beat the queens at this point and i forsee us going to that ugly dome in Detroit and getting crushed as we can't go point for point with them in that dome and the defense will prolly give up 35+. I hate to be sound so negative but it is what it is, you guy's can thank MM and TT for not having a adequate backup at qb, and sticking with a stubborn old geezer as it's DC. Heres to 2014!! rooting for the Chiefs to win the SB.
Dude, don't throw in the towel just yet. Wait until its over to really say its over.
I don't have any expectations one way or the other.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First of all, Tolzien is their third string QB. How many teams in the league win with a third string QB? Are the Broncos still good without Manning and whoever his back up is?

Secondly, giving up on the season while one game out of 1st place is a terrible idea.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a broken collarbone. Once the doctors clear him, an extra seven months of rest isn't going to make a difference.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, Tolzien is their third string QB. How many teams in the league win with a third string QB? Are the Broncos still good without Manning and whoever his back up is?

Secondly, giving up on the season while one game out of 1st place is a terrible idea.

Your 1st sentence kinda made my argument. We will revisit this comment in a couple of weeks my man.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. My first sentence kinda did.

Anyway, that sentence was meant to be in reply to blaming MM and TT.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I wonder what the team would think of the fans already throwing in the towel at this point,.. and already rooting for another team to win the SB?!?! That IS blasphemous! :confused:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we end up 5-7 after having lost to the Vikings and the Lions, then packing it in and letting the injured heal may not be such a bad idea. I give that a less than 50% chance of happening however.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what the team would think of the fans already throwing in the towel at this point,.. and already rooting for another team to win the SB?!?! That IS blasphemous! :confused:

It's a defense mechanism brother...don't expect alot then it doesn't hurt as much. It's hard for me to see Scott "he threw it to the other team" Tolzien as being the guy who get's us out of this mess..he has a suspect o-line and a bad defense. Even Rodgers would be hard pressed at this point.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a defense mechanism brother...don't expect alot then it doesn't hurt as much. It's hard for me to see Scott "he threw it to the other team" Tolzien as being the guy who get's us out of this mess..he has a suspect o-line and a bad defense. Even Rodgers would be hard pressed at this point.
Lol at brother

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should have seen the Giants boards during the 0-6 start.
Fans were asking for heads to roll, and no one was safe from criticism.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I changed my avatar back to a more femine one ;) I listened to Aarons podcast from last week, and he's still got faith in the team during his absence,..They call Scott "Scoots" and he had nothing but praise for him. Regardless of the last 3 losses, we should still rally behind the team and not be calling it the season at 5-5 .
But if that's what gets you thru the day then by all means jump ship!:barefoot:

H

HardRightEdge

You should have seen the Giants boards during the 0-6 start.
Fans were asking for heads to roll, and no one was safe from criticism.
If I were a Giants fan I'd still be unhappy, regardless of the team record. Other than the D-Line and Cruz, there wasn't much there for anybody to get excited about. The 4 game winning streak has been against less than impressive competition. To my eye, they played like an 8-8 team against us.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a Giants fan I'd still be unhappy, regardless of the team record. Other than the D-Line and Cruz, there wasn't much there for anybody to get excited about. The 4 game winning streak has been against less than impressive competition. To my eye, they played like an 8-8 team against us.

Less impressive competition? who like us?? Yea you're probably right haha. I wonder who would win if we played Jacksonville on a neutral field.

H

HardRightEdge

Less impressive competition? who like us?? Yea you're probably right haha. I wonder who would win if we played Jacksonville on a neutral field.

Yes like us. I didn't vote in the poll asking "are we an under/over 5 win team without Rodgers for a season" because I considered the proposition a push.

We'd kick Jacksonville's a**, as if that's any consolation.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes like us. I didn't vote in the poll asking "are we an under/over 5 win team without Rodgers for a season" because I considered the proposition a push.

We'd kick Jacksonville's a**, as if that's any consolation.

with Rodgers yea..without him?? i think it would be a lot closer than you think. I remember our d making Gabbert look all pro last year.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An 8-8 team? That would be a successful season after starting 0-6.
Most of us fans are happy we have some wins in the win column. Am I happy with their level of play? No... But I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss any day.

H

HardRightEdge

An 8-8 team? That would be a successful season after starting 0-6.
Most of us fans are happy we have some wins in the win column. Am I happy with their level of play? No... But I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss any day.

First, I said they played against us like an 8-8 team against us; I would not project that's where they'll finish, but lets say they did.

Had you been told before the season started they'd be 8-8 and presumably missing the playoffs (though that is not certain at this point), would you have been satisfied? Relief at a turnaround, if that's what it turns out to be, would be just that...relief. I wouldn't find that particularly satisfying.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers are 5-7 with 2 more division losses then its over . I would still play Rodgers but he MUST be 100 percent at that point. Gotta keep the bears out of the playoffs!!!

Staff online

Latest posts