Pack interested in David Boston ?

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on another forum that David Boston is coming to Green Bay for talks. Anyone heard anything on this ? I know he's had a shady past , but if he can get his act together he'd be a good addition , with Walker leaving . :-?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed bozz. If the guy is off the juice and in shape he is worth a look...he does have some talent. But I doubt he can pull it off.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we consider Boston with his past and not T.O. or Moulds. Doesn't make sense unless he comes REAL cheap.

Please don't turn this into a T.O. is a cancer thread!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he surely will be cheap, but once those guys start with the juice, they won't get off of it. just like you can't get an pot-head to lay off the weed. Ricky Williams? Steroids are an illicit addictive drug. i don't want anything to do with him. and to Aceschnd, we're not going to lose driver. that thing from yesterday was a rumor.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he surely will be cheap, but once those guys start with the juice, they won't get off of it. just like you can't get an pot-head to lay off the weed. Ricky Williams? Steroids are an illicit addictive drug. i don't want anything to do with him. and to Aceschnd, we're not going to lose driver. that thing from yesterday was a rumor.

I agree.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he surely will be cheap, but once those guys start with the juice, they won't get off of it. just like you can't get an pot-head to lay off the weed. Ricky Williams?

C'mon bozz..

Horning and McGee were notorious "juicers"...

(they went out and got hammered all the time...)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the signing. He's a former Pro Bowl WR...

Boston also comes cheaper than Moulds and TO and doesn't carry the baggage that TO does. No where near as good right now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he straightens up physically(he was...too big) and mentally(he was...too crazy) I'd give him a shot.

you KNOW TT wouldnt splurge on him, we'd get him at a discount price. Worth a shot, hes a big reciever for favre.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
If he straightens up physically(he was...too big) and mentally(he was...too crazy) I'd give him a shot.

you KNOW TT wouldnt splurge on him, we'd get him at a discount price. Worth a shot, hes a big reciever for favre.

like how we got rod gardner, which worked to date...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rod Gardners history isnt as...colorful as Bostons, is it?

I love Rod...hurdling over defenders in meaningless games...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interesting...

how all the players TT passed on or "missed" weren't
"Packer People"....and so TT was given a pass on signing them...

But now Boston comes along and we've lowered our standards....

interesting indeed...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some people should get second shots. People like T.O. who have had 2nd chances and have failed miserably...dont get 3rd chances.(Unless you're the cowboys)

I think lavar wasnt a packer person, im glad that worked out the way it did. I dont think woodson is an ideal packer person either, but hes not as bad as TO

TO sets the standard for being a ********.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem giving Boston a shot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never played in a West Coast Offense, has he? He's a perfect possession receiver - experienced enough to get open, big enough to go across the middle and take a hit (and keep on going). He could be everything that Ferguson is supposed to be.

And speaking of Ferguson, any move that increases the chance of him playing for another team next year is a good move to me.

The difference between Boston and T.O. is that Boston will be cheap. Minimal investment, and a decent chance for a big return on that investment. If he stinks it up, or becomes a distraction in the locker room, cut him.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before he got hurt/started using the roids, Boston was a remarkable talent. Who knows whether he's any good anymore, but he's worth a look at least (provided he comes cheap).

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I want to know is will he be able to practice. When he was with the Cardinals he asked that his teammates not hit him in the shoulder pads because they were digging into his nipple rings. Sorry guys no links.

It is amazing how much useless knowledge the human mind can retain.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
All I want to know is will he be able to practice. When he was with the Cardinals he asked that his teammates not hit him in the shoulder pads because they were digging into his nipple rings. Sorry guys no links.

It is amazing how much useless knowledge the human mind can retain.

Oh, OH. Thank you!! I had managed to drive that out of my mind... until now.

Members online

No members online now.