Pack hires Winston Moss as linebackers coach

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he seems impressive,just dont know why hes looking at all the people with the saints,is it because of brett and people saying that is where he could wind up just wondering.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I (secretly, conspiracly) think the DE coach has the job.

If you are talking about the DL coach, Sanders I agree. I think he will get the job. Usually the coordinator has a say in who his assistants are. Maybe he did.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was an article on JSonline/Packer awhile back wihch stated this guy was going to be the new DC - not Bob Sanders -- yet, he was hired for this position(?) - something's up with this - it has to be a continuity thing, for the Defense - promoting the same core values and training, as what Jim Bates held for everyone - giving Moss some time to prove himself to the Team and MM's word.... Here's the article - probably already posted somewhere's else.... but who cares.... //Posted on 1/16/2006

Winston Moss as DC - ?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Oh when the Saints...come marching in...oh when the Saints come marching in...I want to be on next plane outta here...oh when the Saints keep marching in...."

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's extremely odd not to have the DC in place prior to hiring some assistants on that side of the ball...oh, well the whole staff is in MM's hands now.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think trom is probably right. I bet MM has already decided on Sanders and they are just working out details. I remember reading earlier in the week that MM said he would not hire defensive assistants before hiring a DC.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I think trom is probably right. I bet MM has already decided on Sanders and they are just working out details. I remember reading earlier in the week that MM said he would not hire defensive assistants before hiring a DC.

I thought I read that too DePack...that's why I think it's weird. I don't think McCarthy should say things in the media so early in his regime if he doesn't follow through. Maybe Sanders is the guy, who knows? I know he'll bring in Bates system, but will he bring the same passion and energy that JB brought? It seemed the players really responded to Bates because of it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I think it's extremely odd not to have the DC in place prior to hiring some assistants on that side of the ball...oh, well the whole staff is in MM's hands now.

Probably just me reading too much into words here but Winston Moss said this -- “I know Mike’s looking for someone who is committed to excellence,â€

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Does anybody else think it is strange for him to name the linebackers coach before the defensive coordinator?

With the promotion to Asst. Head Coach for Wintson Moss, this statement holds a whole new perception now.

Members online

Latest posts