Pack has Charger fans worried!

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a quote from a Chargers Fan Forum:

"quite frankly, im worried about the greenbay offense picking apart our secondary. brett favre loves to throw the football and i have a feeling that the gameplan is to throw the football over our below average secondary. i have a feeling donald driver will go buck wild all over our secondary this game. i had these same feelings before we played the pats about randy moss...and no suprise, he exposed our secondary. can anybody prove me wrong? go chargers"

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago that the Chargers fans would be worried by the Packers! Orignally, I was pulling hard for San Diego Sunday night, hoping it would lead to a letdown against the Pack. I'm beginning to wonder if it even matters. As Philadelphia found out, hype doesn't matter and last year doesn't matter. All that matters is what happens Sunday afternoon. Go Pack!

OP
OP
J

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is one of the replies on that forum:

"Hard to admit, but if the Bolts play like they did the last two weeks... Greenbay will take this one."

Don't get me wrong, there are posters there who believe the Chargers will win. Most of them are counting on forcing Favre turnovers. At the risk of sounding obvious, I do think that turnovers will be key to the outcome on Sunday.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into the season, I looked at week 3 as a loss. I thought it till last night, when I seen how bad the chargers can be. Their new coach is BAD, their running game is BAD. Their defense is BAD.

I like that their fans are scared though.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into the season, I looked at week 3 as a loss. I thought it till last night, when I seen how bad the chargers can be. Their new coach is BAD, their running game is BAD. Their defense is BAD.

I like that their fans are scared though.

Gonna have to call you on this one. Their running game is great, but they have faced tough defenses. Their defense is great, but the Patriots offense is just that much better.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah 1.9 is pretty good.

I'm sorry, I don't care how good of a defense you faced, after 2 weeks, a 1.9 average is BAD.

BAD!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to count the Chargers out, even after the spanking they took on Sunday. LT could turn it on at any time. But, as someone said earlier, turnovers are probably going to make the difference. I think we'll be able to hang in there with San Diego, though.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hawk has to have a sick game, along with our D line and shut down LT, if that's possible, otherwise I fear they will be treading all over us.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you forgot who last year's MVP was?

-Norv Turner
-1.9 average
-Swiss cheese secondary

Google "San Diego Chargers Forum" and check out some of the thoughts of Chargers fans. They HATE Norv Turner like Lions fans hate Matt Millen. Whatever Norv is doing to the Chargers offense isn't working.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

-Norv Turner
-1.9 average
-Swiss cheese secondary

Google "San Diego Chargers Forum" and check out some of the thoughts of Chargers fans. They HATE Norv Turner like Lions fans hate Matt Millen. Whatever Norv is doing to the Chargers offense isn't working.
I hope they keep that up for one more week!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Hawk has to have a sick game, along with our D line and shut down LT, if that's possible, otherwise I fear they will be treading all over us.
HEY! Who said you could come back an post? :p

I think the Chargers are a better team than us, but I see us being able to win this game. The Chargers have the talent, but they don't have the harmony or cohesiveness yet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as better teams go... sure its the right thing to say that the Chargers have been better for the last few years. but so far our defense has played much better than theirs. thats where it all lies with me. defense.

if our Offense can exploit them the way NE did (we would do it without cheating of course) than i know for a fact we can beat these guys.

Philip rivers is not great... right now hes not even decent. letting drew brees and Shottenheimer go were HUGE mistakes by that organization and its showing right now. If our Defense stops LT... we win the game. Thats no easy task of course but i think its possible.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

-Norv Turner
-1.9 average
-Swiss cheese secondary

That's because they are having the same type of panic that we get upset with our fellow Pack fans for having. Really, it's just one game for them, and in week 2, at that. Everyone needs to get over it. I watched them play Chicago, they had a bad first half and then they absolutely had their way with the Bears. LaDanian Tomlinson is the real deal and he is incredible. He just got shut down by the Pats, but the Patriots are a great team.

The Chargers will regroup, but we can hope it won't happen this week. And, I believe the Pack is the real deal too, so at the least I think we can expect a great game.

LT is going to test our defense all day. There are moves he makes for which you just cannot draw up defensive plays. I love to watch him and I'm hoping he just has another tough game - we need our LBs to bring it full force.

Can't wait. Favre is confident in his receivers, our defense is clicking, and we actually saw glimpses of a running game - at least in the red zone. Look out!!

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is the hardest game we have this year. i think if we can walk away with a win that it will boost the packs confidence. then we have to worry about the bears and dallas. they are the only other hard games the pack should have. a win in week 3, i really think the pack will be in the playoffs.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper the Chargers are better than the Packers, but so were the Eagles and Giants.
This one is winnable if the Pack can contain LT.
This game is winnable if the Packer O-line starts to look like a real NFL caliber O-line.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
defensive keys to victory:

1. Charles Woodson and Al Harris will have to step up their game, there is no room for error in this game. They have to play up to their potential and shut down the receivers for Rivers, Rivers has not looked good in the last games.

2. Nick Barnett and his speed is crucial in the task of stopping LT, to the degree this is possible, the Bears did it and the Patriots did it. Without a good passing game the Chargers will become one dimensional and turn to LT, if that happens he will be easy to stop. Barnett and/or possibly one of our safeties will have to shadow LT on most plays as he is both a passing- and runningthreat.

You have to play LT aggressively, if you become passive he will kill you.

3. While Nick Barnett's main task will be stopping LT, AJ Hawk and Poppinga will share the rest of the load between them. The Chargers will be looking to get mismatches with Gates - Poppinga. Gates isn't really fast but he's very shifty, big and has incredible hands. If Poppinga and Hawk can't stop him we are in trouble.

4. Our defensive line has to put pressure on Rivers, I think they will and in the process get a few sacks. This will make the job much easier for both our secondary and our LBs.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the type of game the Chargers need to get untracked after two hellashish games against teams with great defenses.

Coming to Green Bay after going up against their archrival and trying to find the offense against a defense playing like ours is worlds apart from what helped the Packers untrack. Playing the Giants.

Our best chance is to get on top and not give an inch early. If we do not allow them to gain any confidence that they can be successful against our defense we can defeat them.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Chargers are capable of beating the Packers.

I think the Packers are capable of beating themselves.

But there are other scenarios that hopefully result in the Packers winning.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive Keys to victory

1. Stop Merriman! The O-line can NOT allow any one of SD's linebackers to get a free shot at Brett, especially ANDRO. Pass pro will be crucial in this game.

2. Dr. Brett - Favre can surgically pick apart and carve up this SD pass defense. I'm honestly not that worried about establishing a running game. I really think we can rely on the pass game with some runs sprinkled in to keep the defense honest.

3. Jennings - Jones has been okay in Greg's absence. It's time now for Gregorious to make us all remember why we creamed our pants whenever we watched him play during the first part of last season.

4. McCarthy's playcalling - Last week was McCarthy's best play calling performance by far. He discovered the D's weakness (linebackers and Webster) and he exploited it. We need him to call another crisp game if we want to win.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hellooo....has anyone ever heard about Antonio Gates? Gates is truly the only offensive pass weapon SD has. Even while taking a big loss against NE...Gates was Gates. He is a BIG factor and a BIG TE. Who will be responsible for him? Barnett? Woodson? MM needs to game plan for Gates...Shut him down and LT...and it is a sure W.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gates isn't fast, I'll leave it to a safety or an LB to cover him. Barnett will be needed to cover LT with his speed.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry but I'm still not too optimistic. I think playing the Pats this year will makeany team look very beatable. I will say I'm more optimistic now the 2 weeks ago but we may also be lucky to get them early in the season while they're adjusting to new coaches

Members online

Latest posts