1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

"Ozaukee Idol"

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jun 19, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Last night i auditioned for a local singing contest, run by our county (Ozaukee county). I was SO nervous, as i never tried for anything like this. My wife and some people we know that have heard me sing talked me into trying out for it. I didn't really think i had a chance, but figured what do i have to lose? When i got there, most of the contestants were age 17 to maybe 30. The girl that went to audition before me was about 18, and beautiful. I was like "What chance do i have up against that?" I kind of joked "They need at least ONE old geezer!"
    It was before a panel of 3 judges (all pro musicians). I chose to sing "Can't help falling in love". I didn't even make it through the whole first verse when the lead judge cut me off........he said "We don't need to hear any more". My first thought was "Man.......it was THAT BAD?"
    He then said "You hit everything perfectly, you have a beautiful voice." (You had to sing accapella) The one lady judge said "You have the most soothing voice!" I still couldn't believe it. I had to ask "Does that mean i go on to the semi-finals?" They said "Absolutely!" The last judge said "You should be singing somewhere, using your gift." The only thing they said i have to work on is my presentation. I was pretty much a statue up there......except for the shaking!
    So......you could have knocked me over with a feather! I have had many people tell me I sang beautifully before, but i always chalked it off as people just not wanting to hurt my feelings. I guess they were not just being "nice!"
    So now i have to sing on a stage before an audience July 16th in Grafton, to see if i make it to the finals which will be held at the Ozaukee county Fair in August. I would LOVE to win the competition. You get a nice trophy, some cash, and the chance to sing the national anthem at Miller Park for a Milwaukee Brewers game. Plus a free recording session at their studio and singing at local events around here. I don't know if i stand a chance to win it all, but just making it to the semi-finals is alot more then i ever thought would happen. :D

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    good job Alan!!

good luck the rest of the way

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks LT!!!
    I know it's not "American Idol", but it's the closest i'll probably ever get to it!
    I hope i win, but just getting this far is a neat feeling. They even asked if i wanted to be on the 4th of July float in Cedarburg during the parade. I'd like to do it, i'm just afraid of not knowing how i'll be on that day. Being out in the heat might not be a smart thing, and on a moving float. But i'll have to see. It would be fun.

4. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gz to you Cheesey

5. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ataway Pooter!!!

Sounds like I need to make a trip to Grafton with my Photog equip. And definately to the fair in August.

Maybe when they meant presentation they meant a haircut? :shock:

On the other hand, maybe they didn't like you wearing a viking jersey! LOL!!

6. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Good luck cheesey. I would give you all kinds of advice, but that's just too much to think about. Go up there, feel the song, and do what you do.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Trippster.......it would be cool for you to come and see me sing! The semi finals are in the "North shore academy of the arts", which is attached to the public library in Grafton. Like i said, it's Wednesday July 16th. It starts at 7:30pm, and goes till about 9:30pm. I don't know when i will be on stage.
    Now.........I'm gonna be singing a song from the 1970's, so the long hair actually works into my act! (so THERE!!!) They meant to dress more in the time frame of my song. (Where's my leisure suit when i need it???)
    What Packone said is true......I need to feel the song, and go with it. I was just SOOOO nervous!!! I will be for the next competition too, but knowing i made it that far will hopefully help my confidence some. I HOPE i make it through to the finals at the fair.

8. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How cool Cheesy. The tape of your singing some songs that you sent Ed and I, I told you that you could sing.

Good luck in making it all the way, you have a great shot and dont let age stand in your way, you can beat out those young puppies.

What song are you going to sing next?

9. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    [​IMG]

Very cool Cheesey. If you win, don't go all "Hollywood" on us. :D

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    OH god!!!!!I think i just pee'd myself!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    My wife's gonna DIE when she sees this picture!!! (She LOVES Elvis!)
    Ironman.....is there any way you could print out a copy of that and mail it to me? I don't have a printer. I'd put that up on my wall for sure!!!

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I figured you just didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying "You suck!"

Anyway.....my next song is "Please come to Boston" the 1974 Dave Loggins hit.
    I've been practicing. But you just can't recreate what it will really be like on a real stage with a real audience.

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Sure can. Just pm me your address. BTW, good luck in the semis. :beer:

13. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Good luck Cheesey! You should have your wife videotape the performance and put it on youtube for all of us to see.

Anyway, have fun with it and don't be nervous...you obviously have a gift to even have made it that far. Remember, you belong there just like anyone else who's still in the competition. Be "in it to win it".

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We don't have a video camera.......so i'm hoping to get one of the people to record it for me. If i get it done, i'll try to put it on youtube!

15. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: SIMON SAID MY NAME!!!! "CHEESEY!!!!" :lol:
    (He KNOWS I'm coming to "American Idol" next!........except they have that dang age limit.......i should SUE them so i can get on the show!) :wink: