1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

"Ozaukee Idol" semi-finals

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by cheesey, Jul 17, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Last night was my first time on stage.....ever. If you remember, i had made it through the initial audition and was hoping to be one of the eight finalists.
    My day started out terrible, as i woke up with a bad migraine. I stayed up for a short time, but it kept getting worse, so i went back to bed. I took meds, and stayed in bed till 5pm. The competition was to start at 7:30pm. Finally, at 5:30 i was feeling better, so i practiced my song (Please Come to Boston) a few times, and my wife took me to the competition site. I was SOOOO nervous. I was the 4th one to sing, so fortunatly i didn't have to wait too long. I had 8 people there to cheer me on. Just like on "American Idol", there were 3 judges, 2 men and one woman.
    There is a line in my song that says "I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee". When i finished singing, the first judge said "I'm the number one fan of Alan Smith, (me of course) I'll tell ya, that was a GREAT performance."
    The lady judge said "That was wonderful! I actually had a couple moments when you were singing that i had to kind of hold back some tears there."
    And the third judge (the lead judge) said "You know, you could win this competition. You could win the whole darn thing! That was PERFECT. It was PERFECT. I don't know why you don't beleiev in yourself man, it's just awesome".
    Those were just snippets from their comments. I'll tell you what.......i was about freaking out. I didn't expect such high praise. And they didn't announce who was going on to the finals till the end of the competition......but from what the judges said, i KNEW i was in! (Which i was!!!)
    My wife and friends were so proud of me! I hope i don't let them down, and i do win it all.
    The finals will be held Sunday August 3rd, at the Ozaukee county fairgrounds (I believe it's called Fireman's park) in Cedarburg Wisconsin, starting at 1pm. I believe they will have the Junior Idol finals first, then our finals after that.
    Anyone that lives in the area that wants to come and cheer me on would be appreciated! Admission to the fair is FREE, so you can't beat the price!

My wife videoed my performance, but i don't have a USB (i think thats what it's called) hookup for my video camera. I'm going to my nephews house this weekend, and i'm gonna see if there's someway he can get it loaded onto Youtube. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Big congrats Cheesey! I'm looking forward to the youtube video!

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Well done Cheesey.. good luck at the finals.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If i can somehow get it on there, i will!

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    good job bud!

he might need a firewire cable to upload your video to his computer..

does your camera have a small slot like the top one ieee?

[​IMG]

6. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Awesome. I can't wait to see the video. :beer:

7. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Way to Go Pooter!!!!

August third...Hmmm. Well I have already scheduled to re-arrange my sock drawer that day, but I should finish in time to make the drive to Cederburg, camera in tow.

Anyone I need to pick up on the way? I will be coming from Kenosha.

8. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

Excellent Alan....cheering for ya all the way!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  10. Pack_One

Pack_One Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re:

Nice video cheesey, I watched it again and you still look like Don Johnson this time too.