1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Owtc

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raptorman, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,006
    As of August 20, 2011 she is 80 stories high. They have 25 stories to go. 105 stories in all. When finished the building with antenna will be 1,776 ft tall. Standing next to two 200 x 200 foot pools were the original WTC towers stood. Down the center is a concrete tube with wall of reinforced concrete three feet thick. This will house all the elevators and stairs, which are bigger and wider than ever before. The pour 40 trucks of concrete a day, raising one floor a week. Scheduled for completion in 2013. She is One World Trade Center. Agree or not, she had to be built. You destroy them we will rebuild them, stronger and taller than before.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Thats really awesome. Makes me proud.

3. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Should be AWEsome. And Bitter-Sweet.

4. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    i remember seeing the smoke clouds from my school that day.. WOW it seemed like yesterday.. that is awesome.. will it be taller than the last ones?

5. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The new One WTC will be a little over 400 ft taller.

6. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    NICE! thanks !.. feel ashamed that ive lived in jersey all my life and not once did i go and see them up close

7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I pray that the new WTC will survive Irene later today. Mostly I pray for all the affected people and for their safety. (including my sons, daughter-in-law & grandson)

8. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    This is awesome to see, thanks! Love the subtle patriotism with the building being 1,776 feet tall.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,006
    Nothing subtle about it. They make a point of mentioning it every chance they get.

My only regret is that the SOB Bin Laden won't be around to see it open. To me that would be a slap in his face. You can hurt us, but you can't keep us down. Not only will we rebuild it, but we will make it bigger and better.

10. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    this is great to see and its a real shame it took them this long to put something in back in its place

11. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    So, in other words, this tower also serves as the world's largest middle finger to Al-Qaeda. Fantastic. The more I learn about this building, the more I like it.:happy0005: